LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I get both sides of it.. but me personally? I chose to become a 49ers fan many years ago. I never lived anywhere near the WC... never had daddy or grandpappy brainwash me into pulling for the 49ers or GTFO. So what I am saying is... I will cheer for whoever the hell I want to and enjoy whatever aspects of football I want to. I wake up on Sunday mornings now even happier... because I have not just 3 hours of watching my favorite team play... but SIX hours of watching my two favorite teams play. Add to that, this Chiefs team as a whole is pretty damn cool! It may have started out over their new QB.. but there is much to like about many other Chiefs aspects.. as well as their rise from the 2-14 cellar.

... and none of that should ever have to be defended. Any one of you could outwardly state that you love the Browns, but also like the 49ers, and like posting here... and I would say "great! welcome aboard"... Why should I care much about your preferences? We girlfriends?

Like who you want to like... and if others have a problem with that? Well.. that's their pitiful problem to deal with.

OK, I am curious. Lets pretend here.

49ers and Chiefs are about to play. If the niners win or lose, it doesnt change their post season at all. They are in no matter what, and cannot do any better by winning. The chiefs however are clinging to their playoff lives. This is the last game of the year and they have to win to get Alex and the Chiefs into the playoffs. Who you want to win?

Easy, Niners. The caveat is that if they niners loose I will not be torn up as much as usual, like a SB loss, playoff loss, or a loss to the steelers/seahawks/giants/cowboys.

I think, among people who now enjoy following an AFC team, you would get that same answer. It's about managing different rooting interests and 9ers>>chiefs.
I get both sides of it.. but me personally? I chose to become a 49ers fan many years ago. I never lived anywhere near the WC... never had daddy or grandpappy brainwash me into pulling for the 49ers or GTFO. So what I am saying is... I will cheer for whoever the hell I want to and enjoy whatever aspects of football I want to. I wake up on Sunday mornings now even happier... because I have not just 3 hours of watching my favorite team play... but SIX hours of watching my two favorite teams play. Add to that, this Chiefs team as a whole is pretty damn cool! It may have started out over their new QB.. but there is much to like about many other Chiefs aspects.. as well as their rise from the 2-14 cellar.

... and none of that should ever have to be defended. Any one of you could outwardly state that you love the Browns, but also like the 49ers, and like posting here... and I would say "great! welcome aboard"... Why should I care much about your preferences? We girlfriends?

Like who you want to like... and if others have a problem with that? Well.. that's their pitiful problem to deal with.

49ers and Chiefs are about to play. If the niners win or lose, it doesnt change their post season at all. They are in no matter what, and cannot do any better by winning. The chiefs however are clinging to their playoff lives. This is the last game of the year and they have to win to get Alex and the Chiefs into the playoffs. Who you want to win?

Could not have said it better.

edit - meant for the post above mine here.

My main point was clear.. no one should care. If you like another team better? Fine... good for you. It's childish to insist that everyone fap to a team with the same intensity. Why should I care if some anonymous person on a forum doesn't adore one and only one team? Why should I care if you like watching golf or painting your nails blue? Makes zero difference to me in my life.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Oct 21, 2013 at 3:13 PM ]
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
That SHOULD be three posters perma-banned on here. Will be interesting to see....

My main point was clear.. no one should care. If you like another team better? Fine... good for you. It's childish to insist that everyone fap to a team with the same intensity. Why should I care if some anonymous person on a forum doesn't adore one and only one team? Why should I care if you like watching golf or painting your nails blue? Makes zero difference to me in my life.

lol if you dont care to answer a question, which is the point of communicating on a message board, why be on a message board? The point of the question wasnt to see which fan you are...there are seahawk fans in the thread above you. I am not messing with them. A NY Giants fan was at my house last night, very good friend. So you could just answer honestly, or be too cool to talk to folks on the message board you frequent.

Go niners.
lol if you dont care to answer a question, which is the point of communicating on a message board, why be on a message board? The point of the question wasnt to see which fan you are...there are seahawk fans in the thread above you. I am not messing with them. A NY Giants fan was at my house last night, very good friend. So you could just answer honestly, or be too cool to talk to folks on the message board you frequent.

Go niners.

Because there are some people that I do like here. Not many.. but I like to read what they post and converse with them. You are not one of these people... so I'd just as soon not get baited into more problems with you. If you were merely curious, you would have sent a PM. So how bout we both be honest...

Go niners.

"If Alex is not playing, Go 49ers!!! If he is. Go Chiefs!!!!"

Go niners.

Because there are some people that I do like here. Not many.. but I like to read what they post and converse with them. You are not one of these people... so I'd just as soon not get baited into more problems with you. If you were merely curious, you would have sent a PM. So how bout we both be honest...

lol PM? Why would I do that. I dont PM folks on here for fun. But thats fine, you dont have to answer. If we are being honest, you are a bandwagon niner fan, and thats fine. '

Go Niners.

I need more of this thread.
lol PM? Why would I do that. I dont PM folks on here for fun. But thats fine, you dont have to answer. If we are being honest, you are a bandwagon niner fan, and thats fine. '

Go Niners.

Oh, do explain to me who I am... sir mod.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

Originally posted by Dajanksta:

Share that damn popcorn, bro!

What if I find the last Niners game to be boring.... I had to rewatched both the Niners and Chiefs game because I couldn't catch it live. Knew the final scores of both of course. Chiefs game got everything, the running, the passing, the turnovers, close scores. Niners game, it was well in hand by the half. We got Kaep who can throw the ball like an elite qb, but seems like all he does is hand off to Gore. Boring game so I stopped in the middle of it, while I'm at work.

We've turned into a ground and pound team. s**t. Does this makes me a bad Niners fan....

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 21, 2013 at 3:32 PM ]
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
break out the tissues, somebody's got issues..

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
What if I find the last Niners game to be boring.... I had to rewatched both the Niners and Chiefs game because I couldn't catch it live. Knew the final scores of both of course. Chiefs game got every, the running, the passing, the turnovers, close scores. Niners game, it was well in hand by the half. We got Kaep who can throw the ball like an elite qb, but seems like all he does is hand off to Gore. Boring game so I stopped in the middle of it, while I'm at work.

We've turned into a ground and pound team. s**t.

I had a busy time watching both at the same time. Hate when they are on at the same time... but it was interesting.
So Mr.Mcgibblets, just to be clear, you are a Chiefs fan masquerading as a 49ers fan, right?

Share 49ersWebzone