There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by IMnotsoHO:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by susweel:
8-8 is the best record for the 49ers benefit. Anybody who wants more wins for them isn't really thinking about the 49ers best interest.

This.

Boom! This x 1000.

You know, I'd take it further, and say that 95% that say they are following the chiefs for the sole reason of a draft pick is full of bs. As i said before, as an organization Baalke can find those diamonds in the rough, and an early 2nd or late second or even 3rd isnt that big of a deal. They chose quality players, and can find our type of player in any round.

Let's keep it real. Some want to follow Smith just because, and thats not a bad thing. What is a cop out, is to say that you are only following him based on a pick in the draft that none of us can ever begin to breakdown. Some don't want the backlash, or the boo birds, or to turn the thread into an Anti-or Pro Smith thread, for the result of a warning or TO. So they just give an excuse such as a draft pick to follow what he's doing in KC.

Ok, the chiefs will def win one more game, even if they lose every other game. But now people are just gonna keep watching because of a pick. LMAO

I've come out and said that I hope that Smith does well in KC, and keeping my first love for the 49ers always at the top. When we made the trade, i cared less about a 2nd or 3rd round pick, because we look at talent, not the round, to make or break a player. and there is no guarentee that the person we take with either pick is gonna pan out anyway. You just don't know.

So I think it's worse to give some bogus reason to follow a player, because as we all know. Smith is a subject that will always be in the zone, until he retires from the NFL.

On any given Sunday, ANYONE, can win a game. I keep hearing all this about defense only, or running game only, but how many other teams, are looking to have a lights out defense, how many are looking for a running game to help with the rest. When some of you bring up Peyton, Brees, Brady, etc. Are they the league avg at QB, or the top of the bunch. And if your at the top its for a reason.

I also finally have been able to break down this chiefs defense idea. Yes the defense had 6 pro-bowlers last year, but were they lights out collectively as a defense. If one led the league in picks, another in sacks, but they give up 24pts plus a game, then that defense is crap as a whole, and great as individuals. I think they are a great defense now as a team, and dont care or worry about personal accolades. So you add a new HC in Reid, and a QB that provides you with something any defense would love to have, time to rest while the offense is on the field, and to be part of the reason you win, not the reason you lose.

Yesterday, they played the Texans, and why many look just at the QB and the record, it doesn't lose the fact that Houston is a top notch defense, and very hard to score on. I think no 1 in defense against the pass as well. So why some say they are a bad team, thats not true. They are a good team, in which all phases of the game aren't clicking for them. As a 49er, we went 13-3 playing the same type of ball that the chiefs are playing now. Smart and efficient QB play, a strong running game, help from special teams, and a top 5-10 defense. With all those phases working off of one another, how can any team not have success.

We should just stop with the Chiefs havent played a good team, because as I said if the Jags, beat us, which i know will never happen. Does that mean we suck... nope. Just means we got our as beat by a team with a horrible record. Not the end of the world, and not the basis of the full NFL league schedule.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Oct 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Both of your analogies are silly. Just so you know. Nobody was rooting for injuries, and tanking is ridiculous.

He makes a valid point. You don't cheer for a team in a vacuum. If I am more entertained by the Chiefs winning and Alex playing well than I am interested in the 49er pick being #18 instead of #28, that's perfectly reasonable. Football, and fandom, is about entertainment and emotion. I assign little entertainment or emotion to a slight increase in the value of a 2nd round pick, but I do to a team bouncing back from 2-14 with the addition of a player that I spend 8 years watching and cheering for.
Originally posted by DarkKnight1680:
Both of your analogies are silly. Just so you know. Nobody was rooting for injuries, and tanking is ridiculous.

He makes a valid point. You don't cheer for a team in a vacuum. If I am more entertained by the Chiefs winning and Alex playing well than I am interested in the 49er pick being #18 instead of #28, that's perfectly reasonable. Football, and fandom, is about entertainment and emotion. I assign little entertainment or emotion to a slight increase in the value of a 2nd round pick, but I do to a team bouncing back from 2-14 with the addition of a player that I spend 8 years watching and cheering for.

lol. You guys will spend years rooting for the player we draft with the improved pick. Whatever, I'm done talking about it. I am rooting for Alex to do well, but the niners to get the best pick possible. If that means losing a few, than that is what makes the most sense. You guys keep cheering for a worse pick for the niners like that doesnt matter, whatever makes you guys feel better about it.

But his point was people rooting for players to get injured to benefit the 9ers, which nobody did.

Also, I guarantee during the draft period, there will be a player that everyone wants but looks to be going 5-10 picks before we pick, and everyone will be saying man I wish we had that pick. But we wont...but at least we got to see the Chiefs win! lol
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Oct 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM ]

This is fair. As a football fan in general or even a sports fan, the worse to first story of the Chiefs is a lot more interesting even with vested interest as a Niners fan on draft pick position. To follow them to see how far the Chiefs can further their success this year. An issue with some, not an issue to me. I can hold 2 opposing views at the same time and still function reasonably as a Niners fan.

Yep. Not at all going to make a big deal of pick #18 vs #28. Greed never really interested me... and SF has so many picks that they can go and get the players they want. To each his own though. I won't judge people I don't really know on the internet over such trifling and petty things. Just going to enjoy both the SF and KC seasons, and leave all the garbage outside the door.
for them to win 8 games is ideal but realistically, do you think theyre just gonna lose out after they win 8 games straight?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
for them to win 8 games is ideal but realistically, do you think theyre just gonna lose out after they win 8 games straight?

Not a chance that happens. I see around 12 wins
Thanks for the 2nd round pick Alice

I could actually see them faltering. They got the Browns the next week (tough defensive team but should win), A spunky Bills team, Broncos, Chargers, Broncos, Redskins, Raiders, Colts, and Chargers. I could see them winning 4 of those games best and should put them at 11-5. Those division games will be key matchups for playoff spots between the Chargers and Broncos. Broncos will more than likely be racing for the Colts for the #1 spot but the Chargers might have something to say about trying to sneak in. Who knows???
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

I could actually see them faltering. They got the Browns the next week (tough defensive team but should win), A spunky Bills team, Broncos, Chargers, Broncos, Redskins, Raiders, Colts, and Chargers. I could see them winning 4 of those games best and should put them at 11-5. Those division games will be key matchups for playoff spots between the Chargers and Broncos. Broncos will more than likely be racing for the Colts for the #1 spot but the Chargers might have something to say about trying to sneak in. Who knows???

i dont. the chiefs have an awesome defense and we all know how good alex smith is with a great running game and defense. he may not be flashy but he gets it done and watching him lately he actually takes off running a lot with them. something i wish he did with us like he used to do at utah
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

i dont. the chiefs have an awesome defense and we all know how good alex smith is with a great running game and defense. he may not be flashy but he gets it done and watching him lately he actually takes off running a lot with them. something i wish he did with us like he used to do at utah

I just look at the teams they have played between Jags, Eagles, Giants, Raiders, and Texans. The problem is that the "easy" part of the schedule is out of the way but their strength builds up towards their ending run. They need to remain healthy is another key. I am not doubting them but it just would not surprise me to see them fall. Alex can do it... He proved it in 2011 with a 49er team built like the team he runs now.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by IMnotsoHO:
Originally posted by susweel:
8-8 is the best record for the 49ers benefit. Anybody who wants more wins for them isn't really thinking about the 49ers best interest.

This.

Boom! This x 1000.

That's a bit short sighted if you ask me. Its definitely in the best interest of the 49ers if all the key players of our division opponents get season ending injuries. Its not the job of the fan to only root for the best interest of the 9ers and no less.

It's also the best interest of the 9ers to tank all they're games if they are not going to make the playoffs, that way you get the best draft position possible to help the team long term. Nothing like meaningless short term wins.

I could slice this a thousand ways, in the end a 9er fan should not be judge by their stance on a conditional second/third round pick.

They are not silly, they were used to provide contrast to the stance that 49ers fan should only be interested in what benefits the 9ers the most which is obviously a very undefined position. I also said I could give numerous other situations that could paint that point, but my job isn't to list them all it's to provide an easy to understand counter.

Like another poster said, you do not support the Niners in a vacuum. It's lazy to say the chiefs have no other impact to us than a draft position, many things they do whether good or bad can have a greater impact than a ~16 position draft position swing.

But the greater point that I really care about is that a 16 position draft spot swing is not large enough to out weigh ones rooting interest in another Football team and I hold no malice against any fan who wishes to openly support the chiefs, Reid and Smith. I think the circumstances of the chiefs last season, the A. Smith situation, and Ried's departure from the Eagles creates a dynamic that is easy for Americans to rally behind and support and something that easily out weighs the importance of 16 draft positions.

I will leave in saying that it is quite conceivable that a 9er who wants the chiefs to be more successful than 8-8 could quite easily be consider a better 49er fan by their other actions than those who only care for 8-8.
Thanks for the 2nd round pick Alice

He's still doing the Niners a solid
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shorteous:
They are not silly, they were used to provide contrast to the stance that 49ers fan should only be interested in what benefits the 9ers the most which is obviously a very undefined position. I also said I could give numerous other situations that could paint that point, but my job isn't to list them all it's to provide an easy to understand counter.

Like another poster said, you do not support the Niners in a vacuum. It's lazy to say the chiefs have no other impact to us than a draft position, many things they do whether good or bad can have a greater impact than a ~16 position draft position swing.

But the greater point that I really care about is that a 16 position draft spot swing is not large enough to out weigh ones rooting interest in another Football team and I hold no malice against any fan who wishes to openly support the chiefs, Reid and Smith. I think the circumstances of the chiefs last season, the A. Smith situation, and Ried's departure from the Eagles creates a dynamic that is easy for Americans to rally behind and support and something that easily out weighs the importance of 16 draft positions.

I will leave in saying that it is quite conceivable that a 9er who wants the chiefs to be more successful than 8-8 could quite easily be consider a better 49er fan by their other actions than those who only care for 8-8.

Two things:

• I really don't care what you guys root for, as we all have no actual impact on the outcome. We aren't changing what's happening. As long as nobody is being a dick to each other, root away.
  • The last sentence in your post is just ridiculous. You don't know anything about any of these guys. Some guys won't admit it, but they rooted for Alex to fail regardless of the pick, for reasons unknown. Some guys won't admit they took Harbaugh's decision to bench and trade Alex to heart and are rooting for the Chiefs like its their new favorite team. Or are at least very conflicted about it. I can see both sides of the argument on the pick and the wins, and why its important to a football fan. But rooting for the chiefs to win over an improved draft pick does not ma e someone a better fan. Its football, not becoming a martyr. Lol

I am not mad at you guys for rooting for him to win. Heck, I'm rooting for him to do well. I like the guy.