LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Smith hasn't played a good game in several weeks yet has been leading the team to wins. His team mates appreciate his leadership and all is right in the Chief world. He will need to bring his A game against five opponents after the bye week! They could easily end up 9-5 or even 8-8 with bad luck. If they can split with Denver and SD then all should be good! :)

Denver
SD
Denver
Wash--
Oak--the only two games that won't be a dog fight.
Indy
SD

Really don't think he played well yesterday? Or were you not able to watch? (fine either way.. just curious)

Just watched the game. Smith look very comfortable in this offense and confident in the pocket. Every movement and decision are crisp. I haven't seen this level of confident from Smith with us. Again, stats wise it wasn't much, but he threw some really good passes to Bowe, Avery, McCluster and Charles. With a few to McGrath. No TD to show for it, but those are good 240yds. The level of confident from Reid to Smith showed in that last Chiefs drive where they needed to convert that critical 1st down, with about 2 minutes left, to keep the drive going. Reid dialed up 2 consecutive pass plays in traffic instead of giving it to Charles. Smith completed the first pass. And the second one was a quick one to Bowe that would have converted a 3rd&4 had he caught and hang on to the ball.

There was a few off throws that was pressured and on scrambles, and that INT that seems to be in the middle of Bow and McCluster getting held by the Texans. But for most of the game he was very crisp.

he had 2 passes to fasano that ended up on about the 6 inch line (one they reviewed and said there wasnt conclusive evidence to overturn)....mccluster almost broke one on 3rd and 21...the last tackler got him before he completed what would have been about an 80 yard score...bowe caught one in the 1st quarter where he was wide open,,,the pass was a littl ebit behind him and he lost his feet after the catch, otherwise that may have been a big play....the gods just didnt want smith to get td passes yesterday
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I eat crow....

Way to own up man!
Originally posted by hofer36:
he had 2 passes to fasano that ended up on about the 6 inch line (one they reviewed and said there wasnt conclusive evidence to overturn)....mccluster almost broke one on 3rd and 21...the last tackler got him before he completed what would have been about an 80 yard score...bowe caught one in the 1st quarter where he was wide open,,,the pass was a littl ebit behind him and he lost his feet after the catch, otherwise that may have been a big play....the gods just didnt want smith to get td passes yesterday

haha, yeah pretty much. On the INT... which I have not replayed yet.. many stated that McCluster stopped on his route.. making the INT look like a bad Smith pass. Not sure on that yet. The "almost TD" to Fasano ticked me off. Looked like they screwed him and Alex out of that TD pass, but oh well.

Just watched the game. Smith look very comfortable in this offense and confident in the pocket. Every movement and decision are crisp. I haven't seen this level of confident from Smith with us. Again, stats wise it wasn't much, but he threw some really good passes to Bowe, Avery, McCluster and Charles. With a few to McGrath. No TD to show for it, but those are good 240yds. The level of confident from Reid to Smith showed in that last Chiefs drive where they needed to convert that critical 1st down, with about 2 minutes left, to keep the drive going. Reid dialed up 2 consecutive pass plays in traffic instead of giving it to Charles. Smith completed the first pass. And the second one was a quick one to Bowe that would have converted a 3rd&4 had he caught and hang on to the ball.

There was a few off throws that was pressured and on scrambles, and that INT that seems to be in the middle of Bow and McCluster getting held by the Texans. But for most of the game he was very crisp.

Yeah, pretty much. I'd give him a B grade overall, and against a high ranked defense too. I do think he has shown more sharp play as a 49er in some games last season... and that he can do better. Charles and that run blocking has (in other games) been very inconsistent. I was overall impressed with the pass pro in this game, compared to other games where the OL looked dreadful.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Smith has to play better though. He started the season off really well. The last 3 games though...he's been meh at best. I mean I get it..."stats are for losers" blah blah but at some point you've gotta put up points in bunches. That pick he threw in the 4th quarter today could (should) have cost them the game. He rarely (if ever - in the last 2.5 years) has cost his team a game so I'd just write it off. Either way...he's gotta play better.

That 4th down throw to McGrath would have resulted in a 100+ page thread on these forums, he waited so long, McGrath was open for awhile and then he made a last second AWFUL throw out to him, just a really bad play.

yep he waited to long--i think he was not sure if he could run it in and when he figured out he couldnt he had no time to get the pass off before the te was out of bounds

He thought he was going to be able to run it in and I thought he could as well. There was a window there but it closed very quickly. Even the broadcasters were saying how amazing quick it was. He pointed for the guy to block, and by the time he was able to make that block the gap was closed.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Oct 21, 2013 at 8:59 AM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
He thought he was going to be able to run it in and I thought he could as well. There was a window there but it closed very quickly. Even the broadcasters were saying how amazing quick it was. He pointed for the guy to block, and by the time he was able to make that block the gap was closed.

I was annoyed with Alex on that play. Looked like he had Sherman right away.. which could have gone for a TD with a little YAC.. but Alex instead pointed for Sherman to block. Then, McGrath would have had an easy TD in the EZ had Alex kept the ball a few inches in play.

... but all QBs have those few plays a game where you are left doing this ----->
Either way the man doesn't lose! He must be riding high after 2005-2010. However it works out this season and beyond... nothing exhibits overcoming adversity like Alex Smith...
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by susweel:
8-8 is the best record for the 49ers benefit. Anybody who wants more wins for them isn't really thinking about the 49ers best interest.

This.

Boom! This x 1000.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Who's downplaying? Smiths stats speak for themselves. If you go by the stats, he is over rated by some in here.

Joe, just curious what do you think about all these NFL analysts on TV, most of which were NFL QBs or coaches, who say Alex is playing very well, orchestrating this offense, is in total charge, and his play leads to wins. Do you think they just know less about football than you?

He was playing solid and not losing games. He has always been a solid QB. But his play has declined as the season has progressed. It is a situation where the talent on the team has gotten the Chiefs through some games. Credit to him for NOT playing like Matt Cassell. That is a big difference than crediting him for playing like Drew Breese.

His play this year is actually worse than last year. If he keeps playing this, coaches will always be looking for a replacement.

I am happy he is helping the Chiefs get 8 wins.

Lol didnt answer the question, and ignored the fact that your opinion differs from ex-players and analysts.

The most credible one, Cossell doesn't think Alex is all that either. The talking heads that are on shows to get ratings...analysts? Maybe. They sure aren't saying he is an elite QB. His team is 7-0 so you can't technically rip the dude but let's stop ignoring the obvious and that is his play has declined and he's not playing as we'll as last year.

Lol.

Alex just PMd me and told me to ask you, "joke cool, tell me how my ass tastes"

Not sure what he meant.

I had predicted Chiefs would win at least 10 prior to the season starting and they are ranked worse in passing than the 49ers (21st) which was also predicted. Who is the one smelling the ass? The ones who said after 2 weeks that Smith is a legit top NFL QB or the ones who said he isn't?

Honestly, both sides are sort of right. Alex is an average QB that will throw the ball to the right spots if it is there. He is a terrible QB when things get a little tough. He won't lose it for his team but he will help the team keep the game close.

My predictions about DEN and KC have been spot on. I picked Indy to beat DEN. Why? Because Denver was not a tested team. Neither is KC. KC's passing game should be much better than it is considering they really haven't been tested yet.

The future doesn't look good for either of these teams considering the schedule is about to get a hair tougher.
All good bro, was playing.

This is serious business.

This is serious business.

Lol
Originally posted by IMnotsoHO:
8-8 is the best record for the 49ers benefit. Anybody who wants more wins for them isn't really thinking about the 49ers best interest.

This.

Boom! This x 1000.

That x 1000

But surprise surprise, the Texans blow it again.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by IMnotsoHO:

This.

Boom! This x 1000.

That x 1000

But surprise surprise, the Texans blow it again.

Smith seems to get everyone's worst game these days. Even his own team. Except for 7-0, the dude is the stats killer.
Smith seems to get everyone's worst game these days. Even his own team. Except for 7-0, the dude is the stats killer.

That is the only stat that counts.
its fun going through the chiefs message board, brings back memories of the zone!
im so happy for alex smith but at the same time i feel bad for him because as soon as andy reid finds a better qb, alex is gone.
Share 49ersWebzone