LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
i am happy for him. if foster had not gotten down yesterday the texans would have pulled out the W in my opinion. but who cares, we are close to the 2nd rounder :)

• XD33
Originally posted by ninerfan97:
Jags, Cowboys (at home), Eagles, Giants, Titans (without Locker), Raiders, and Texans (without Schaub and Foster). Opponents combined winning percentage right now is 30%. The Cowboys are the only team with a winning record.

I'm not sold on the Chiefs yet.

but if you look at the past 10 years of QBs.
7/10 suberbowl champs were game managers. and have multiple rings. Manning is a great Regular season QB, but in the PLAYOFFS he throws picks like crazy.
Eli Manning was hated in NY for playing worse than Alex Smith, he wins 2 rings and all is forgoton.

Troy Aikmen wasn't putting up amazing stats as his counterparts in Marino,Young,Kelly.
Yet Aikmen had more rings then those guys COMBINED. Young won his only RIng when he was 30. Peyton got his ring at 32, same as drew brees.

Media darlings like Vick,Romo,Kapernick don't stand a chance to win a ring, regardless of the stats. I mean' Flaco got a ring before Matt RYAN,Bradford,Tebow.

Historically speaking, ALEX is on the verge of winning a Superbowl...they look like a replica of the 2011 49ers under a new offensive system.
Im sure that if Charles was down. they would go down. but same goes for any team, when losing important key players.
If anyone on this board had predicted this before the season started, we would have been laughed out of this forum...
Good for Alex. Just one more win for them and then hope they lose the rest.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
If anyone on this board had predicted this before the season started, we would have been laughed out of this forum...

I predicted they would win around 10 games.
He managing the game its their defense that has em in the spot they are in

2011 all over again, we know how this story ends

END OF THREAD
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Smith hasn't played a good game in several weeks yet has been leading the team to wins. His team mates appreciate his leadership and all is right in the Chief world. He will need to bring his A game against five opponents after the bye week! They could easily end up 9-5 or even 8-8 with bad luck. If they can split with Denver and SD then all should be good! :)

Denver
SD
Denver
Wash--
Oak--the only two games that won't be a dog fight.
Indy
SD

Really don't think he played well yesterday? Or were you not able to watch? (fine either way.. just curious)

Just watched the game. Smith look very comfortable in this offense and confident in the pocket. Every movement and decision are crisp. I haven't seen this level of confident from Smith with us. Again, stats wise it wasn't much, but he threw some really good passes to Bowe, Avery, McCluster and Charles. With a few to McGrath. No TD to show for it, but those are good 240yds. The level of confident from Reid to Smith showed in that last Chiefs drive where they needed to convert that critical 1st down, with about 2 minutes left, to keep the drive going. Reid dialed up 2 consecutive pass plays in traffic instead of giving it to Charles. Smith completed the first pass. And the second one was a quick one to Bowe that would have converted a 3rd&4 had he caught and hang on to the ball.

There was a few off throws that was pressured and on scrambles, and that INT that seems to be in the middle of Bow and McCluster getting held by the Texans. But for most of the game he was very crisp.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 21, 2013 at 8:03 AM ]
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I predicted they would win around 10 games.

They already won than I thought they would.
I've always liked Alex and wish him well.

Glad he's doing well - BUT I watched part of that game and was not impressed with his performance. he does enough to win.

As long as we get a 2nd rounder - I'm

I hope they win one more and lose the rest.

Reality - probably 11-5. 2 Losses to Denver not sure who else
Obviously a fantastic start but they still have 5 division games left and San Diego is no joke this year. After the bye their schedule is brutal. By year's end I don't think they're any better than us record wise.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM ]

Originally posted by jreff22:
We haven't lost games because of injury, we lost because we looked like crap. You keep talking about how great the KC D is...we are in the same boat. Our D has had a strong amount of turnovers the past few weeks which helped the O tremendously.

We lost games because we played 2 of the better teams in football and that's something KC hasn't done. Indy has victories over Denver, Seattle and us and I shouldn't have to tell you how good Seattle is at home.
  • Jiks
Daym 7 pages in 12 hours.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Chiefs AFC top seed. The road to the Super Bowl goes through KC. The NFL's loudest venue and home of the tribal Indian war chant!! They making Priest Holmes proud and Tony Gonzalez wanna come back home

If they get home field advantage it's the second biggest home field advantage besides Seattle. That being said a 1 game lead is nothing until those Denver games are played. That can end up being a 1.5 game deficient in a 3 week span.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by jreff22:
We haven't lost games because of injury, we lost because we looked like crap. You keep talking about how great the KC D is...we are in the same boat. Our D has had a strong amount of turnovers the past few weeks which helped the O tremendously.

We lost games because we played 2 of the better teams in football and that's something KC hasn't done. Indy has victories over Denver, Seattle and us and I shouldn't have to tell you how good Seattle is at home.

I understand that but beating the teams you should beat and not getting caught in a trap game is still important. So far alex has held on and being on a new team with yet another OC and winning out isn't easy by any margin.

We can win in seattle, nothing about that first game screamed seattle is awesome to me.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Smith has to play better though. He started the season off really well. The last 3 games though...he's been meh at best. I mean I get it..."stats are for losers" blah blah but at some point you've gotta put up points in bunches. That pick he threw in the 4th quarter today could (should) have cost them the game. He rarely (if ever - in the last 2.5 years) has cost his team a game so I'd just write it off. Either way...he's gotta play better.

That 4th down throw to McGrath would have resulted in a 100+ page thread on these forums, he waited so long, McGrath was open for awhile and then he made a last second AWFUL throw out to him, just a really bad play.

yep he waited to long--i think he was not sure if he could run it in and when he figured out he couldnt he had no time to get the pass off before the te was out of bounds
Share 49ersWebzone