There are 231 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Like I told my KC fan friend, who by the way is glad KC finally got a decent cast off Qb from us, Alex will not take chances, but he will not make mistakes. With a solid coach, ad good gameplan Alex is hard to beat. I'm happy for him, and look forward to kicking his ass if we ever see him on the football field! Go Alex, get me a better draft pick!

By the way, Auto draft gave me Dwaine Bowe, I traded him right away, to my KC fan friend...LOL I knew what he didn't, Alex does not favor wideouts!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Another Alex Smith thread....great...the WZ really needed this lol. But seriously, the Chiefs were not terrible last season, they had like 6 or 9 (no pun intended) pro bowlers. Great RB, pretty good WRs and an excellent defense. What they didn't have was a HC or QB, now they have that and they are winning. Sorta like the Niners before Harbaugh.

Yeah, 2-14 isn't that bad.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Smith has to play better though. He started the season off really well. The last 3 games though...he's been meh at best. I mean I get it..."stats are for losers" blah blah but at some point you've gotta put up points in bunches. That pick he threw in the 4th quarter today could (should) have cost them the game. He rarely (if ever - in the last 2.5 years) has cost his team a game so I'd just write it off. Either way...he's gotta play better.

That 4th down throw to McGrath would have resulted in a 100+ page thread on these forums, he waited so long, McGrath was open for awhile and then he made a last second AWFUL throw out to him, just a really bad play.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277689
Originally posted by matt49er:
Another Alex Smith thread....great...the WZ really needed this lol. But seriously, the Chiefs were not terrible last season, they had like 6 or 9 (no pun intended) pro bowlers. Great RB, pretty good WRs and an excellent defense. What they didn't have was a HC or QB, now they have that and they are winning. Sorta like the Niners before Harbaugh.

Well put. Happy that we will get another 2nd round pick for him. Maybe a chance to play him in the Super Bowl, too.
Wins are the only stats that count.
[ Edited by 5timechamps on Oct 21, 2013 at 7:19 AM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
The last time we played a solid team we lost.

Are you trying to make a point here or what? Equivocate the 49ers early season struggles that they appear to have overcome after being decimated with injury and comparing them to a KC team playing a last-place schedule and still barely pulling games out thanks to the defense.

We haven't lost games because of injury, we lost because we looked like crap. You keep talking about how great the KC D is...we are in the same boat. Our D has had a strong amount of turnovers the past few weeks which helped the O tremendously.
The last time we played a solid team we lost.

Are you trying to make a point here or what? Equivocate the 49ers early season struggles that they appear to have overcome after being decimated with injury and comparing them to a KC team playing a last-place schedule and still barely pulling games out thanks to the defense.

We haven't lost games because of injury, we lost because we looked like crap. You keep talking about how great the KC D is...we are in the same boat. Our D has had a strong amount of turnovers the past few weeks which helped the O tremendously.

All these posts are awesome, except they have nothing to do with the thread title.
Smith hasn't played a good game in several weeks yet has been leading the team to wins. His team mates appreciate his leadership and all is right in the Chief world. He will need to bring his A game against five opponents after the bye week! They could easily end up 9-5 or even 8-8 with bad luck. If they can split with Denver and SD then all should be good! :)

Denver
SD
Denver
Wash--
Oak--the only two games that won't be a dog fight.
Indy
SD
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Smith hasn't played a good game in several weeks yet has been leading the team to wins. His team mates appreciate his leadership and all is right in the Chief world. He will need to bring his A game against five opponents after the bye week! They could easily end up 9-5 or even 8-8 with bad luck. If they can split with Denver and SD then all should be good! :)

Denver
SD
Denver
Wash--
Oak--the only two games that won't be a dog fight.
Indy
SD

Really don't think he played well yesterday? Or were you not able to watch? (fine either way.. just curious)
Jags, Cowboys (at home), Eagles, Giants, Titans (without Locker), Raiders, and Texans (without Schaub and Foster). Opponents combined winning percentage right now is 30%. The Cowboys are the only team with a winning record.

I'm not sold on the Chiefs yet.

People are hyping up KC, but it's way too early. They've had an easy schedule so far. They barely survived a banged up Houston team. The defense is playing great. They haven't given up more than 17 pts all year. Plus, they're getting in the endzone.

KC still has Denver and SD twice and the Colts. I think they'll finish with 11 or 12 wins if their defense can continue playing great. I don't think it'll be enough to win their division though.

They remind me of SF two years ago. If you shut down the running game, it gets real ugly.
[ Edited by strickac on Oct 21, 2013 at 7:37 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
One of the ugliest 7-0 starts in the history of the NFL, but 7-0 is 7-0. Why take risks when you don't have to? Would you rather have your team put up 17 in a win or put up over 40 and lose (Da Bears).
  • kray28
  • Veteran
KC is winning with a formula similar to us two years ago....but Reid throws in the WCOish wrinkle of short passing that Harbaugh doesn't.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
All these posts are awesome, except they have nothing to do with the thread title.

Actually they do. Using the excuse the D is carrying the team cheap. Alex still has to protect the ball and score to win, which he has. If you can rag him for not playing world beaters it doesn't look great for us becuase we haven't beaten any either so far.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Actually they do. Using the excuse the D is carrying the team cheap. Alex still has to protect the ball and score to win, which he has. If you can rag him for not playing world beaters it doesn't look great for us becuase we haven't beaten any either so far.

Great guy. What does that have to do with Alex Smith? Nothing. You are just stirring crap for some reason. Stick to the chiefs, comparing never works well in these threads and we have told people to stop. Also, I'm not looking to discuss it with you.
Share 49ersWebzone