There are 247 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
. His QBR is 20 points lower than it was with the 49ers last season and completion percentage is around 56%. I can't say I've been impressed with his play lately. His QB rating started up in the 90s and has basically been dropping every game.

justin smith said stats are for losers. QB's are single handedly judged on their w-l record.

While I agree with that statement. A #1 Pick as a QB should of put up amazing stats, ala Peyton. Alex never did, and likely wont ever.
it is great that the chiefs are winning, for the sake of a second rd pic, but honestly who have the chiefs beat that you can honestly say are playoff contenders
[ Edited by 15crabtree on Oct 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM ]
justin smith said stats are for losers. QB's are single handedly judged on their w-l record. People are going to argue that Eli Manning is a HOF. While I laugh at that, he has won two superbowls even though he sucks big time but is a very good playoff QB.

Wait until that offense is actually required to move the ball and score against an opponent like Denver. Bottomline, Smith has had some pretty bad games, the defense had some key turnovers that bailed them out, but at some point that isn't enough......sometimes you'll need the QB to get it done in a big game, see the 2011 NFC Championship Game for further details.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
. His QBR is 20 points lower than it was with the 49ers last season and completion percentage is around 56%. I can't say I've been impressed with his play lately. His QB rating started up in the 90s and has basically been dropping every game.

justin smith said stats are for losers. QB's are single handedly judged on their w-l record.

While I agree with that statement. A #1 Pick as a QB should of put up amazing stats, ala Peyton. Alex never did, and likely wont ever.

Also, as a #1 pick, there's a good chance that the player may be out of the league ala tim couch. Under proper guidance, Alex does enough to win games and that's the main goal of an organization, not amazing stats.
Wait until that offense is actually required to move the ball and score against an opponent like Denver. Bottomline, Smith has had some pretty bad games, the defense had some key turnovers that bailed them out, but at some point that isn't enough......sometimes you'll need the QB to get it done in a big game, see the 2011 NFC Championship Game for further details.

oh, i agree with you. But Alex has played well so far this season despite his last three games. Fact is that the Chiefs are 7-0 and wouldn't be nearly as good with Cassell or whomever at the helm.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Oct 20, 2013 at 9:49 PM ]
Also, as a #1 pick, there's a good chance that the player may be out of the league ala tim couch. Under proper guidance, Alex does enough to win games and that's the main goal of an organization, not amazing stats.

Amazing stats? He isn't even performing like an efficient game manager at this point.

QB Rating
Week 1 - 94.4
Week 2 - 95.0
Week 3 - 87.0
Week 4 - 84.2
Week 5 - 60.3
Week 6 - 56.9
Week 7 - 75.6
oh, i agree with you. But Alex has played well so far this season despite his last three games. Fact is that the Chiefs are 7-0 and wouldn't be nearly as good with Cassell or whomever at the helm.

This same Chiefs team won 11 games and made it to the playoffs with Cassel somehow. They always had the talent, last year was just a combination of horrendous injuries, terrible coaching and general malaise. I said before the season even started that they looked like a 10 or 11 win team with the defensive talent they had.

Amazing stats? He isn't even performing like an efficient game manager at this point.

QB Rating

I never said he puts up amazing stats. AB was referring to the #1 pick should put up amazing stats like Peyton. All I said is wins>stats.

Week 1 - W
Week 2 - W
Week 3 - W
Week 4 - W
Week 5 - W
Week 6 - W
Week 7 - W

That's all that matters. I think we all know that the Chiefs dominating defense is the real reason why they're 7-0 but Alex also integral part of that success as well.

This same Chiefs team won 11 games and made it to the playoffs with Cassel somehow. They always had the talent, last year was just a combination of horrendous injuries, terrible coaching and general malaise. I said before the season even started that they looked like a 10 or 11 win team with the defensive talent they had.

I don't think the Chiefs won 11 games since 2003 IIRC.

edit: I get your point. I cannot see how people can hate on alex for being the QB of the last undefeated team left.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Oct 20, 2013 at 9:55 PM ]

QB Rating
Week 1 - 94.4
Week 2 - 95.0
Week 3 - 87.0
Week 4 - 84.2
Week 5 - 60.3
Week 6 - 56.9
Week 7 - 75.6
Whoa, dude! I thought stat lines be dam? I guess it depends what thread your in. No further explanation for the hostility needed.

Don't care just need them to win1 more game then they can lose every game or win every game after that makes no difference to me.
Ehh, one more win and after that the Chiefs better start losing.
Originally posted by IMnotsoHO:
Whoa, dude! I thought stat lines be dam? I guess it depends what thread your in. No further explanation for the hostility needed.

I only show hostility when people whine and cry about stupid stuff, we get a lot of sympathy trolls like you that appear and disappear just as quickly, no biggie, you won't be around long.
Originally posted by Raul98:
Don't care just need them to win1 more game then they can lose every game or win every game after that makes no difference to me.

Pretty much this. After they get their 8th win, they can lose all the rest of their games for all I care, its about getting the best possible draft pick out of them.
if jamal Charles goes down then the whole team goes down so they better hope that he stays healthy because the team revolves around him just like how our team revolved around frank gore in 2011
Share 49ersWebzone