There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

It was always going to be either a mid to higher round 2, or low 3. No enough difference to warrant tis much attention.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Look, we all want our draft pick to be as good as possible but at the same time it was a conditional gift from the start based on a team many doubted would get to .500.

It's sorta a win/win for many of us. Good draft pick balanced with a good story.

A chiefs team destined at best to go 8-8 or 9-7 would probably not even get 8 wins. Realistically I had them at 10-6, maybe 11-5 before season began.

Their pace looks to be maybe 12-13 games but that's no guarantee that will happen but could happen.

Unless I'm missing something , the chiefs going 14-2, 15-1 or deep in playoffs is still better than finishing a 7-9 team for the 49ers 2014 draft.

I don't care if we won the pick in a poker tourney. 1-3 round picks are paramount, and a better pick in the second is better than a late second. Heck, we moved up in the second to take our current QB. If there is even a chance of getting one improved slot that's what I'm rooting for. The chiefs are getting 8 wins, probably closer to 12. Anybody rooting for a worse niners pick for any reason is nuts. Besides, what everybody is forgetting is we are rooting for a story. The story is Alex has a good year. You don't have to go 15-1 to have a good year. You can have a good year and lose every game, see Barry Sanders. I'm rooting for Alex to have a great year, and for the niners to have the best pick possible. We have a few players that need to get paid soon, a struggling WR core I want that improved pick.

Now, joecool is just posting in here to hate on Alex (see his 162 posts in here).


in his defense he has good cause to hate as alex keeps proving him wrong

Because he is playing soooooo well vs weak teams. Lol!

I guess Denver sucks too...right?

Here's this funny thing about winning...you make your SOS look easier because you're giving your opponents losses...imagine that. With that said, The niners have played 2 teams that are arguably better than what KC has played...of course they lost to both of those teams.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Look, we all want our draft pick to be as good as possible but at the same time it was a conditional gift from the start based on a team many doubted would get to .500.

It's sorta a win/win for many of us. Good draft pick balanced with a good story.

A chiefs team destined at best to go 8-8 or 9-7 would probably not even get 8 wins. Realistically I had them at 10-6, maybe 11-5 before season began.

Their pace looks to be maybe 12-13 games but that's no guarantee that will happen but could happen.

Unless I'm missing something , the chiefs going 14-2, 15-1 or deep in playoffs is still better than finishing a 7-9 team for the 49ers 2014 draft.

I don't care if we won the pick in a poker tourney. 1-3 round picks are paramount, and a better pick in the second is better than a late second. Heck, we moved up in the second to take our current QB. If there is even a chance of getting one improved slot that's what I'm rooting for. The chiefs are getting 8 wins, probably closer to 12. Anybody rooting for a worse niners pick for any reason is nuts. Besides, what everybody is forgetting is we are rooting for a story. The story is Alex has a good year. You don't have to go 15-1 to have a good year. You can have a good year and lose every game, see Barry Sanders. I'm rooting for Alex to have a great year, and for the niners to have the best pick possible. We have a few players that need to get paid soon, a struggling WR core I want that improved pick.

Now, joecool is just posting in here to hate on Alex (see his 162 posts in here).


in his defense he has good cause to hate as alex keeps proving him wrong

Because he is playing soooooo well vs weak teams. Lol!

I guess Denver sucks too...right?

Here's this funny thing about winning...you make your SOS look easier because you're giving your opponents losses...imagine that. With that said, The niners have played 2 teams that are arguably better than what KC has played...of course they lost to both of those teams.

Denver is also not tested but guess what, Peyton is having a career year vs the weak opponents. Alex is not.

SOS? Have the Chiefs played a team from last years playoffs yet? Did the Choefs have any affect on the losses of those teams last year?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Look, we all want our draft pick to be as good as possible but at the same time it was a conditional gift from the start based on a team many doubted would get to .500.

It's sorta a win/win for many of us. Good draft pick balanced with a good story.

A chiefs team destined at best to go 8-8 or 9-7 would probably not even get 8 wins. Realistically I had them at 10-6, maybe 11-5 before season began.

Their pace looks to be maybe 12-13 games but that's no guarantee that will happen but could happen.

Unless I'm missing something , the chiefs going 14-2, 15-1 or deep in playoffs is still better than finishing a 7-9 team for the 49ers 2014 draft.

I don't care if we won the pick in a poker tourney. 1-3 round picks are paramount, and a better pick in the second is better than a late second. Heck, we moved up in the second to take our current QB. If there is even a chance of getting one improved slot that's what I'm rooting for. The chiefs are getting 8 wins, probably closer to 12. Anybody rooting for a worse niners pick for any reason is nuts. Besides, what everybody is forgetting is we are rooting for a story. The story is Alex has a good year. You don't have to go 15-1 to have a good year. You can have a good year and lose every game, see Barry Sanders. I'm rooting for Alex to have a great year, and for the niners to have the best pick possible. We have a few players that need to get paid soon, a struggling WR core I want that improved pick.

Now, joecool is just posting in here to hate on Alex (see his 162 posts in here).


in his defense he has good cause to hate as alex keeps proving him wrong

Because he is playing soooooo well vs weak teams. Lol!

I guess Denver sucks too...right?

Here's this funny thing about winning...you make your SOS look easier because you're giving your opponents losses...imagine that. With that said, The niners have played 2 teams that are arguably better than what KC has played...of course they lost to both of those teams.

Denver is also not tested but guess what, Peyton is having a career year vs the weak opponents. Alex is not.

SOS? Have the Chiefs played a team from last years playoffs yet? Did the Choefs have any affect on the losses of those teams last year?

Can't just look at who did what last season. Are you going to say that Houston is a trail blazer? Baltimore is 3-3, Greenbay is 3-2, Vikings look like crap, Washington is a joke.. shall I go on or do you get the point? KC was middle of the pack last year in terms of SOS
[ Edited by Jakemall on Oct 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM ]
Hate to break it to everyone, but Strength of Schedule is a bullish!t stat. Football is the greatest sport in the world because you either win or lose on game day. You don't play another 4 games in a series, you don't get a second chance. The Jaguars might be the worst team in the league, but come Sunday, they could be the toughest team in the league... you never know. There are too many factors to say that any game is a win based on strength of schedule.

So, in conclusion, stop using that silly argument when trying to downplay Smith's play.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Hate to break it to everyone, but Strength of Schedule is a bullish!t stat. Football is the greatest sport in the world because you either win or lose on game day. You don't play another 4 games in a series, you don't get a second chance. The Jaguars might be the worst team in the league, but come Sunday, they could be the toughest team in the league... you never know. There are too many factors to say that any game is a win based on strength of schedule.

So, in conclusion, stop using that silly argument when trying to downplay Smith's play.

Who's downplaying? Smiths stats speak for themselves. If you go by the stats, he is over rated by some in here.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Hate to break it to everyone, but Strength of Schedule is a bullish!t stat. Football is the greatest sport in the world because you either win or lose on game day. You don't play another 4 games in a series, you don't get a second chance. The Jaguars might be the worst team in the league, but come Sunday, they could be the toughest team in the league... you never know. There are too many factors to say that any game is a win based on strength of schedule.

So, in conclusion, stop using that silly argument when trying to downplay Smith's play.

Who's downplaying? Smiths stats speak for themselves. If you go by the stats, he is over rated by some in here.

How are his stats compared to Kaps?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Hate to break it to everyone, but Strength of Schedule is a bullish!t stat. Football is the greatest sport in the world because you either win or lose on game day. You don't play another 4 games in a series, you don't get a second chance. The Jaguars might be the worst team in the league, but come Sunday, they could be the toughest team in the league... you never know. There are too many factors to say that any game is a win based on strength of schedule.

So, in conclusion, stop using that silly argument when trying to downplay Smith's play.

Who's downplaying? Smiths stats speak for themselves. If you go by the stats, he is over rated by some in here.

How are his stats compared to Kaps?

I am staying out of this one. This is a Chiefs thread and how dare we discuss Kap in a Chiefs thread in the NFL forum in THE 49erswebozone.
I like this kinda party, baby.
Originally posted by jreff22:
How are his stats compared to Kaps?

Do that again and I'll out you on TO for 2 weeks. Alex in this thread.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Who's downplaying? Smiths stats speak for themselves. If you go by the stats, he is over rated by some in here.

Joe, just curious what do you think about all these NFL analysts on TV, most of which were NFL QBs or coaches, who say Alex is playing very well, orchestrating this offense, is in total charge, and his play leads to wins. Do you think they just know less about football than you?
Originally posted by 16to87:
He's not wining by himself. Defense is carrying the load, same as when he played here. Is there an MVP award for just good old play it safe/smart, live for another down
quarterbacking? didn't think so.

What an incredible coincidence. Dude must be the luckiest QB ever.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Joe, just curious what do you think about all these NFL analysts on TV, most of which were NFL QBs or coaches, who say Alex is playing very well, orchestrating this offense, is in total charge, and his play leads to wins. Do you think they just know less about football than you?

This ^^^ I guess extreme Alex hater JoeCool knows more about NFL QB's than Terry Bradshaw and wants to tell us all about it 165 times in the thread.

As posted earlier Terry Bradshaw a 3 time Super Bowl winning HOF MVP QB has Alex Smith ranked as his #2 QB in the NFL.

As Bradshaw explained you play the game to win not pad stats and Alex wins football games and is the #2 ranked NFL QB in Win % in the last 3 seasons F the haters.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Who's downplaying? Smiths stats speak for themselves. If you go by the stats, he is over rated by some in here.

Joe, just curious what do you think about all these NFL analysts on TV, most of which were NFL QBs or coaches, who say Alex is playing very well, orchestrating this offense, is in total charge, and his play leads to wins. Do you think they just know less about football than you?

He was playing solid and not losing games. He has always been a solid QB. But his play has declined as the season has progressed. It is a situation where the talent on the team has gotten the Chiefs through some games. Credit to him for NOT playing like Matt Cassell. That is a big difference than crediting him for playing like Drew Breese.

His play this year is actually worse than last year. If he keeps playing this, coaches will always be looking for a replacement.

I am happy he is helping the Chiefs get 8 wins.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Who's downplaying? Smiths stats speak for themselves. If you go by the stats, he is over rated by some in here.

Joe, just curious what do you think about all these NFL analysts on TV, most of which were NFL QBs or coaches, who say Alex is playing very well, orchestrating this offense, is in total charge, and his play leads to wins. Do you think they just know less about football than you?

He was playing solid and not losing games. He has always been a solid QB. But his play has declined as the season has progressed. It is a situation where the talent on the team has gotten the Chiefs through some games. Credit to him for NOT playing like Matt Cassell. That is a big difference than crediting him for playing like Drew Breese.

His play this year is actually worse than last year. If he keeps playing this, coaches will always be looking for a replacement.

I am happy he is helping the Chiefs get 8 wins.

Lol didnt answer the question, and ignored the fact that your opinion differs from ex-players and analysts.