There are 194 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
You are pulling the "superior fan" thing right now. You are such a good fan that I don't mind our team picking 12 spots later. The rest of us who want the best player available for our team, should get over ourself and root for a worse draft pick. What sense does that make? I root for Alex because I respect the player, but there is nothing wrong with fans wanting the best draft pick they can. Have you seen our WR situation? Our pass rush situation?

Seriously...

Actually, no... I am not pulling any such card. My point was simply that I won't harshly judge either stance one wishes to take... and it is my belief that others should not as well.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Joecool:
It does make a difference if we are taking about trading down. Even one pick makes a difference. Let's just give our 2nd round for another that's two spots higher for free.

I don't give a crap about the Chiefs. I want them to win ONlY 8 so that it maximizes anything the Niners can get. Let us care more about other teams and trade good talent for weaker compensation or give away a couple of spots in the draft. Hell no.

What I don't understand are folks who want to root for another team knowing that it will weaken our draft status.

Oh noez! The 49ers would have to pick like 12 picks later!!! Whatever would they do if they really like someone, but don't want to use one of their dozen high picks to move up and get him?

C'mon, fellas... it is truly nobody else's business which or however many teams a fan likes. You do not get to dictate such things to others. WE are all 49ers fans.. and it is disgusting that some of you want to pull the "superior fan card" in times like this. I feel like others here, that KC is an intriguing story reminiscent of what SF did in 2011. I like this story, and would not begrudge KC's success just so that SF can move up a dozen spots with an extra 2nd rd pick. I have been through enough drafts to appreciate the flexibility in teams getting who they want.. one way or another.. and it's usually not a prospect I wanted them to get anyway.

Stick a cork in this... we all know what's really going on... and some are not hoping KC's success stops due to a dozen draft pick difference. They hope KC falls on their face because they hate... have always hated KC's quarterback.. and the more success he has? The angrier and more self-conscious they get.

There is nothing "really" going on here. If SF were getting a first rounder if the Chiefs win 14, then I will cheer for the Chiefs to win 14.
Look, we all want our draft pick to be as good as possible but at the same time it was a conditional gift from the start based on a team many doubted would get to .500.

It's sorta a win/win for many of us. Good draft pick balanced with a good story.

A chiefs team destined at best to go 8-8 or 9-7 would probably not even get 8 wins. Realistically I had them at 10-6, maybe 11-5 before season began.

Their pace looks to be maybe 12-13 games but that's no guarantee that will happen but could happen.

Unless I'm missing something , the chiefs going 14-2, 15-1 or deep in playoffs is still better than finishing a 7-9 team for the 49ers 2014 draft.
I started to want us to get that 2nd round pick, but now I'm not so sure it won't be wasted on a bust WR pick. Meanwhile all this abnormal love for KC...why? so what if they have our leftover checkdown simi bust former qb. I hope they lose the rest of their games after eight wins
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Look, we all want our draft pick to be as good as possible but at the same time it was a conditional gift from the start based on a team many doubted would get to .500.

It's sorta a win/win for many of us. Good draft pick balanced with a good story.

A chiefs team destined at best to go 8-8 or 9-7 would probably not even get 8 wins. Realistically I had them at 10-6, maybe 11-5 before season began.

Their pace looks to be maybe 12-13 games but that's no guarantee that will happen but could happen.

Unless I'm missing something , the chiefs going 14-2, 15-1 or deep in playoffs is still better than finishing a 7-9 team for the 49ers 2014 draft.

My guess was 8 or 9 wins, so it looks like I will loose! No big deal but I like your post and agree with your point of view...a second is better than a third so all is good. I really think the Chiefs will lose a number of games but would not be sad if they didn't.

As for liking the Chiefs and their QB...what's not to like? I love the WCO and their QB and hope he succeeds in leading the team to the playoffs--it may encourage more teams to use this offense. Just more fun for me to watch precise, well executed plays than the old heave ho of a Romo or a Cutler...a preference, no right or wrong about it.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM ]

I don't care if we won the pick in a poker tourney. 1-3 round picks are paramount, and a better pick in the second is better than a late second. Heck, we moved up in the second to take our current QB. If there is even a chance of getting one improved slot that's what I'm rooting for. The chiefs are getting 8 wins, probably closer to 12. Anybody rooting for a worse niners pick for any reason is nuts. Besides, what everybody is forgetting is we are rooting for a story. The story is Alex has a good year. You don't have to go 15-1 to have a good year. You can have a good year and lose every game, see Barry Sanders. I'm rooting for Alex to have a great year, and for the niners to have the best pick possible. We have a few players that need to get paid soon, a struggling WR core I want that improved pick.

Now, joecool is just posting in here to hate on Alex (see his 162 posts in here).
  • Jiks
If Alex Smith wins 14 games is he considered an MVP candidate?
You are pulling the "superior fan" thing right now. You are such a good fan that I don't mind our team picking 12 spots later. The rest of us who want the best player available for our team, should get over ourself and root for a worse draft pick. What sense does that make? I root for Alex because I respect the player, but there is nothing wrong with fans wanting the best draft pick they can. Have you seen our WR situation? Our pass rush situation?

Seriously...

I don't know if you noticed, but a couple days ago, I was called a "troll" around here for expressing the same opinion. I'm not real adamant about it because I don't know that there is a lot of difference between a mid-level second round pick and one in the mid to high 20's, but still - my only point was that the higher the second round pick, the better for the Niners.

I don't care if we won the pick in a poker tourney. 1-3 round picks are paramount, and a better pick in the second is better than a late second. Heck, we moved up in the second to take our current QB. If there is even a chance of getting one improved slot that's what I'm rooting for. The chiefs are getting 8 wins, probably closer to 12. Anybody rooting for a worse niners pick for any reason is nuts. Besides, what everybody is forgetting is we are rooting for a story. The story is Alex has a good year. You don't have to go 15-1 to have a good year. You can have a good year and lose every game, see Barry Sanders. I'm rooting for Alex to have a great year, and for the niners to have the best pick possible. We have a few players that need to get paid soon, a struggling WR core I want that improved pick.

Now, joecool is just posting in here to hate on Alex (see his 162 posts in here).

Here's the interesting thing to keep in mind:

15-1 with a divisional loss is technically a better draft pick than 10-6 going to AFC championship game.

I think it is very realistic for KC to make it to the conference game regardless of record.

Looks like a wildcard for KC, but if the draft pick is that important , focus on an early playoff exit more than outright wins.

See 2011 Packers (15-1) and Saints (13-3)....vs Giants (9-7).
Getting that extra 2nd round pick is excellent!

I recall many in the Zone who just wanted to let Alex walk w/out any compensation. Dumb.

Now we'll get an extra 2nd and hopefully a great selection.

Let's go Chiefs!! 2 more wins baby!!
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

He's not wining by himself. Defense is carrying the load, same as when he played here. Is there an MVP award for just good old play it safe/smart, live for another down
quarterbacking? didn't think so.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Seriously...

I don't know if you noticed, but a couple days ago, I was called a "troll" around here for expressing the same opinion. I'm not real adamant about it because I don't know that there is a lot of difference between a mid-level second round pick and one in the mid to high 20's, but still - my only point was that the higher the second round pick, the better for the Niners.

Not that it matters, but you can say the same thing in two or more ways. If you tell others they are not fans if they disagree, or even imply it, some may find it irritating. If on the other hand, you state your opinions and leave others to theirs it is less provocative. I understand the point of view very well but balance my other wants and needs differently than the two of you may...still not a big deal.

As far as using the term troll...I try not to use it and usually regret it when I do. So my apologies. However, when it appears a poster seeks out conflict on a consistent basis with those who disagree...that doesn't seem healthy.

The old wounds will heal eventually and those of us who felt for years that crazy attacks on the teams QB were really beyond the pale will get over it...especially as many of the most outlandish offenders were/are banned!
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

trade lamichael james for him?

in his defense he has good cause to hate as alex keeps proving him wrong
Share 49ersWebzone