There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Joecool:
One of these days, he will throw deep multiple times and get 300 yards. I remember when it was said that he doesn't have big numbers because of his low attempts.

Is he still considered efficient at 59% while throwing 3 INT's to 7 TD's?

If not for penalties and drops Alex would have had over 300 yards passing in several of the games. Vs Titans he hit Bowe down the sidelines with a beauty intermediate pass that Bowe took like 60 yards to the house but was called back because of a borderline call foot on the white line would have put him over 300 yards passing.

But again who gives a f**k about how many yards a QB throws for as long as he makes plays and does what it takes to win games. Perfect case in point ...49ers vs Saints 2011 playoffs...Brees throws lights out for 500 yards and 4 TD's and Alex in one of the best performances I have seen from a 49ers QB still game managed the 49ers to a win. You play the game to win and win as a team you don't play the game to pad stats for fantasy leagues.
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
One of these days, he will throw deep multiple times and get 300 yards. I remember when it was said that he doesn't have big numbers because of his low attempts.

Is he still considered efficient at 59% while throwing 3 INT's to 7 TD's?

If not for penalties and drops Alex would have had over 300 yards passing in several of the games. Vs Titans he hit Bowe down the sidelines with a beauty intermediate pass that Bowe took like 60 yards to the house but was called back because of a borderline call foot on the white line would have put him over 300 yards passing.

But again who gives a f**k about how many yards a QB throws for as long as he makes plays and does what it takes to win games. Perfect case in point ...49ers vs Saints 2011 playoffs...Brees throws lights out for 500 yards and 4 TD's and Alex in one of the best performances I have seen from a 49ers QB still game managed the 49ers to a win. You play the game to win and win as a team you don't play the game to pad stats for fantasy leagues.

3rd down conversion rate please because his overall numbers do not translate to efficient player.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
But I thought they sustain long drives to rest their defense and that's why the defense is playing so well? I wonder what his 3rd down conversion rate is? Probably has nothing to do with him either.

what do you imagine Jammal Charles' 3rd down rush rate is? Bet it sucks arse... so does that mean he does too?

So they do sustain long drive or they don't? Is the defense a better defense because Alex is on the team to "sustain long drives to keep them fresh" or were they always this good?
3rd down conversion rate please because his overall numbers do not translate to efficient player.

Just because of this post, I am going to spend some time this weekend or week ahead tracking every Jamaal Charles rush attempt on 3rd down and see how many he converted. Unless someone has a source to save me the work. My bet is JC will have a terrible 3rd down conversion rate.

Just because of this post, I am going to spend some time this weekend or week ahead tracking every Jamaal Charles rush attempt on 3rd down and see how many he converted. Unless someone has a source to save me the work. My bet is JC will have a terrible 3rd down conversion rate.

Dude, maybe we are the same person. I was just thinking the same thing. I know from watching their games they have a ton of 3rd and 1's, I'm willing to bet that Jamaal is accountable for most of those failed 3rd down conversions. Can you do this for the 9ers as well?
[ Edited by KoolBeans on Oct 11, 2013 at 2:43 PM ]
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
Dude, maybe we are the same person. I was just thinking the same thing. I know from watching their games they have a ton of 3rd and 1's, I'm willing to bet that Jamaal is accountable for most of those failed 3rd down conversions. Can you do this for the 9ers as well?

Depends on how much time I have.. maybe. I don't really care about the SF issues at play. We all know what the problem is with that offense... and it isn't the run game.
Get us 3 more KC!!!

3rd down conversion rate more important than wins to you? It's been posted that since 2011 he is the winningest QB in the league
Mark my words -- KC is going DOWN this weekend. They will lose to the Raiders.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Depends on how much time I have.. maybe. I don't really care about the SF issues at play. We all know what the problem is with that offense... and it isn't the run game.

Good point! Yeah, use your time wisely. Plus we'll probably have to deal with more excuses if it favored our run game more than our QB when it comes to 3rd down conversions.
Originally posted by HomerJ:

3rd down conversion rate more important than wins to you? It's been posted that since 2011 he is the winningest QB in the league

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/10/11/4828582/looks-as-if-darren-mcfadden-rashad-jennings-ready-to-go-for-sunday

As of half time of the game last Sunday, the Raiders looked as if they may have lost both their starting running back and the primary backup to hamstring injuries. Now, after both Darren Mcfadden and Rashad practiced all week, it appears they could have both in the lineup on Sunday when the team travels to Kansas City.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Your words have been marked.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=Rushing&rank=071&year=

Alex Smith ranks 20th in the AFC (3/9) for rushing. JC doesn't rank for rushing. H'es 1 for 4 on 3rd and short (less than 3).
Passing:
In the NFL Alex ranks 18th for 3rd and long 6/21
In the NFL Alex ranks 20th for 3rd and medium 12/27
In the NFL Alex ranks 16th for 3rd and short 3/6

Basic Math:
25 1sts 75 Attempts 33.3% Total 3rd down conversions (ESPN.com)
63 attempts from Alex = 12 attempts by Jamaal Charles
24 Successes by Alex smith = 1 success by Jamaal Charles.

So Jamaal Charles has failed to run for a 1st down with the exception of a single 3rd and short situation.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Oct 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM ]