There are 236 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by HomerJ:
Originally posted by Joecool:
3rd down conversion rate please because his overall numbers do not translate to efficient player.

3rd down conversion rate more important than wins to you? It's been posted that since 2011 he is the winningest QB in the league

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/10/11/4828582/looks-as-if-darren-mcfadden-rashad-jennings-ready-to-go-for-sunday

As of half time of the game last Sunday, the Raiders looked as if they may have lost both their starting running back and the primary backup to hamstring injuries. Now, after both Darren Mcfadden and Rashad practiced all week, it appears they could have both in the lineup on Sunday when the team travels to Kansas City.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Mark my words -- KC is going DOWN this weekend. They will lose to the Raiders.

Your words have been marked.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
Dude, maybe we are the same person. I was just thinking the same thing. I know from watching their games they have a ton of 3rd and 1's, I'm willing to bet that Jamaal is accountable for most of those failed 3rd down conversions. Can you do this for the 9ers as well?

Depends on how much time I have.. maybe. I don't really care about the SF issues at play. We all know what the problem is with that offense... and it isn't the run game.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=Rushing&rank=071&year=

Alex Smith ranks 20th in the AFC (3/9) for rushing. JC doesn't rank for rushing. H'es 1 for 4 on 3rd and short (less than 3).
Passing:
In the NFL Alex ranks 18th for 3rd and long 6/21
In the NFL Alex ranks 20th for 3rd and medium 12/27
In the NFL Alex ranks 16th for 3rd and short 3/6

Basic Math:
25 1sts 75 Attempts 33.3% Total 3rd down conversions (ESPN.com)
63 attempts from Alex = 12 attempts by Jamaal Charles
24 Successes by Alex smith = 1 success by Jamaal Charles.

So Jamaal Charles has failed to run for a 1st down with the exception of a single 3rd and short situation.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Oct 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by HomerJ:
3rd down conversion rate more important than wins to you? It's been posted that since 2011 he is the winningest QB in the league

This and not every failed Chiefs 3rd down conversion can be blamed on Alex.

25-5-1 #1 in the NFL 5-0 with a 2-14 team and the excuses and criticisms keep coming pathetic.
I did a quick perusal of the Chiefs forum. He is getting some good love over there. Many posts were talking about how they can sign him long term. He probably doesn't even know what to do with a fan base that is actually praising him. I bet he is happy as hell to be out of SF.
NFL.com Alex Smith Interview... "It's a work in progress" "when the games are on the line we have made plays and protected the football!"...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000260747/Alex-Smith-on-season-It-is-a-work-in-progress
Momentum and confidence play a big role for a locker room in breaking that next level barrier. chiefs have it now. The only reason I don't want them to win too many games is 12-14: the spots in the draft they may move back. :)

you sure that's the only reason?

Yes. If they started the season out playing Denver, NE, GB, the momentum and confidence would not be there by week 5. They would still be unsure of themselves sitting at possibly 2-3.
Would still be a strong team, but unsure of where they believe they stand on the totem pole.

I agree, 49er fans should definitely be rooting for the Chiefs to start losing some games right now. They have five wins, they will easily get to eight wins, we don't want them getting much more than that and turn our mid 2nd rounder into a high 2nd rounder.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 11, 2013 at 7:59 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
NFL.com Alex Smith Interview... "It's a work in progress" "when the games are on the line we have made plays and protected the football!"...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000260747/Alex-Smith-on-season-It-is-a-work-in-progress

During interview NFL posts Alex's record as 24-5-1 is that correct or is it 25-5-1?
As per NFL.com Interview...

QB's Winning Percentage Since 2011 Updated...
Peyton Manning 18-3 .857
Alex Smith 24-5-1 .817
Tom Brady 29-8 .784
Aaron Rodgers 27-8 .771
Russell Wilson 15-6 .714
Andrew Luck 15-6 .714

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
Dude, maybe we are the same person. I was just thinking the same thing. I know from watching their games they have a ton of 3rd and 1's, I'm willing to bet that Jamaal is accountable for most of those failed 3rd down conversions. Can you do this for the 9ers as well?

Depends on how much time I have.. maybe. I don't really care about the SF issues at play. We all know what the problem is with that offense... and it isn't the run game.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=Rushing&rank=071&year=

Alex Smith ranks 20th in the AFC (3/9) for rushing. JC doesn't rank for rushing. H'es 1 for 4 on 3rd and short (less than 3).
Passing:
In the NFL Alex ranks 18th for 3rd and long 6/21
In the NFL Alex ranks 20th for 3rd and medium 12/27
In the NFL Alex ranks 16th for 3rd and short 3/6

Basic Math:
25 1sts 75 Attempts 33.3% Total 3rd down conversions (ESPN.com)
63 attempts from Alex = 12 attempts by Jamaal Charles
24 Successes by Alex smith = 1 success by Jamaal Charles.

So Jamaal Charles has failed to run for a 1st down with the exception of a single 3rd and short situation.

It is obvious that the only thing Alex is doing to help KC win is not turning the ball over. Any uber safe QB can with with the talent on this team. Any careless team on my shoulders QB can lose with this team.

It is Alex's way of play that has made this team better. I agree to that. This does not make him a top QB. This is also why he won't win in the playoffs...

...unless his team around him plays lights out.

If you ever quote me on that last sentence, do not leave out the second portion of it. "Real" Chiefs fans will eventually realize they need an upgrade at QB. The bandwaggoner's will blame 52 of the 53 players that are suited every week.

It is Alex's way of play that has made this team better. I agree to that. This does not make him a top QB. This is also why he won't win in the playoffs...

If you ever quote me on that last sentence, do not leave out the second portion of it. "Real" Chiefs fans will eventually realize they need an upgrade at QB. The bandwaggoner's will blame 52 of the 53 players that are suited every week.

I don't know. That Chiefs defense is the real deal. All they really needed was an efficient offense which they have now with Smith and Reid's playbook. The Ravens certainly won a few playoff games with that approach. The defense is still basically the same one that was 2-14 last year. It's not like the team was bad - the offense was just a disaster and gave games away right and left.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Mark my words -- KC is going DOWN this weekend. They will lose to the Raiders.

THE Smitty will be 3-0 against the faiders after Sunday.
The chiefs have somewhat of a tough schedule after mid season so they could certainly lose some and hopefully miss the playoffs so we have a middle 2nd round pick
Their offense looks anemic sometimes they win cos of their defense they are stud
It is obvious that the only thing Alex is doing to help KC win is not turning the ball over. Any uber safe QB can with with the talent on this team. Any careless team on my shoulders QB can lose with this team.

... good to have ya back, joe.
Share 49ersWebzone