There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

If you look at PFF numbers, KC has the highest total defensive ranking in the NFL at 83.5 Seattle is a distant second at 52.5 49ers fourth at 33.7. The Chiefs have the highest ranking in pass rush, pass coverage and are third in run defense. However if you flip it around and look at their offense, you see an entirely different story. Their overall offense is ranked 22nd in the NFL, 26th ranked passing game, 14th ranked in rushing, 12th ranked in pass blocking but 16th ranked in run blocking. As good as their defense is, their offense doesn't compare with the other elite teams in the NFL currently, that may change as the season goes, but so far, it is pretty iffy and they seem to be leaning on their defense way too much.

Their offense is ranked 14th in efficiency. If one were to factor in all the many issues the offense is having... #1 and #2 TEs missing for a while... offensive penalties killing drives... drops... banged up OL... either way... 14th for a new offense isn't bad. Was 11th last week, but hey, that Titans defense is no joke. Better for them to struggle on offense now than to struggle later.

Stats can't tell the whole story. The 2 biggest killers so far? offensive penalties stalling out drives... and Reid insisting on shotgun/pistol singleback formations when in goal-line or 3rd and short situations.... just dumb.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Their offense is ranked 14th in efficiency. If one were to factor in all the many issues the offense is having... #1 and #2 TEs missing for a while... offensive penalties killing drives... drops... banged up OL... either way... 14th for a new offense isn't bad. Was 11th last week, but hey, that Titans defense is no joke. Better for them to struggle on offense now than to struggle later.

Stats can't tell the whole story. The 2 biggest killers so far? offensive penalties stalling out drives... and Reid insisting on shotgun/pistol singleback formations when in goal-line or 3rd and short situations.... just dumb.

This bang on and stats do not always tell the whole story they tell part of the big picture of the big package. It's almost the same Chiefs defense that finished 2-14 in 2012. Anyone who has ever played defense at a high level knows that it totally sucks to be running around all over the field hunting guys down making tackles getting banged up bruised and battered for nothing when you got an offense and a QB that flat out sucks can't sustain drives and keep you off the field and can't win games. Chiefs D now sees that Alex gives them a chance to win every time out and they are playing lights out football for Smith & Reid. Offense and defense work in tandem together each feed off one another Chiefs have great team chemistry with elite game manager Alex Smith now under center. Very similar offensive defensive chemistry to the 2011 49ers and the 2012 49ers before Alex got hurt.

Alex just wins games #1 in the NFL amongst all starting QB's 25-5-1 since 2011 very very impressive and most deserving of recognition!! At the end of the day that is a stat that actually tells the most important story. I couldn't give a rats ass if Alex throws for 500 yards or 1 yard whining over that crap is for juvenile level fantasy leaguers winning is all that matters.
Plus, and to the defense, they did go out and get a new DC ( Bob Sutton ) who has taken already good personnel and changed their style of play to make them far more effective.
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
Toss out the lowly Jags...Dallas Philly Giants and Titans are all respectable teams who were no rollovers and all played their asses off vs Chiefs...

Dallas - Romo and Bryant can beat anybody and just almost beat Denver put up a ton of points played hard vs Chiefs Alex and Chiefs D were better
Philly - Always a tough place to play Vick struggled but McCoy was on fire Philly played hard Alex and Chiefs D were better
Giants - Played their asses off loss to Chiefs meant out of the playoffs Alex and Chiefs D were better.
Titans - Tenn D and offense battled and played hard all the way Alex was up to the challenge Alex and Chiefs D were better

Chiefs may of had an easier start to their schedule than the niners but not buying the easy schedule excuse I seen all the games every team battled hard vs Chiefs.

Alex has been good top 10 in drops have hurt his stats but it's about the wins anyway kids.

Chiefs D plays hard because they know Alex gives them a chance to win every game and Alex's ball control offense keeps them fresher.

I didn't say they are not as good as their record. I said the easier schedule has allowed them to gain major confidence and momentum, which are nice attributes for future success. They have that swag and feel they belong now.

If they played playoff teams and were now 2-3 or so, there would still be some uncertainty in the locker room even though the team was still strong.

But isn't KC (2-14) considered an "easy" part of any other team's schedule going into this season? I'm pretty sure the Jags thought they had an advantage being at home, plus if they win that game they could've had that "swag". The Cowboys with all that talent probably thought they had a good chance of winning too. Chip Kelly and the Eagles were at home just like the Jags and were the talk of the NFL with their high powered offense, they had to feel confident about their chances that night. Giants probably saw this game as their chance to turn their season around and feel good by coming out with a victory. Finally the Titans more than likely felt they could pull one out at home as well.

There is no such thing as an easy schedule for a team that's considered to be easy for the team they are playing. If that makes sense.

You should really take a look at their 2012 schedule. It was a tough one outside their division. Bold were their only two wins. Can't believe they lost to OAK twice but divisional are all hard...just look at us and the rams last year.

COLTS
BROWNS
BENGALS
STEELERS
BUCS
RAVENS
BILLS
FALCONS
SAINTS
PANTHERS
And because Alex is a good human being and i'm cheering for him and because the Chiefs are an exciting team to watch now especially at home at Arrowhead it makes for a great Sunday of NFL football action!!

Game #1: Raiders vs Chiefs
Game #2: Cardinals vs 49ers
And because Alex is a good human being and i'm cheering for him and because the Chiefs are an exciting team to watch now especially at home at Arrowhead it makes for a great Sunday of NFL football action!!

Raiders and Chiefs seems like a tough one. I would pick the Raiders if it were in OAK but even then, Prior has shown some nice ability that cannot be game planned for. Is Charles healthy?
You should really take a look at their 2012 schedule. It was a tough one outside their division. Bold were their only two wins. Can't believe they lost to OAK twice but divisional are all hard...just look at us and the rams last year.

COLTS
BROWNS
BENGALS
STEELERS
BUCS
RAVENS
BILLS
FALCONS
SAINTS
PANTHERS

Meh with Cassel under center and an easier schedule Chiefs may have gone 3-13 4-12.

QB most important dude on the field Alex has been the big difference maker for the Chiefs. If the extreme Alex haters LMAO are waiting and wishing for Alex to fail and return to his 2005 form good luck with that one your going to be sadly disappointed Alex is a late bloomer just 29 who since 2011 is finally playing on good teams under good coaches and he has developed into an elite NFL game manager QB that wins games ranked #1 in the NFL since 2011.
Raiders and Chiefs seems like a tough one. I would pick the Raiders if it were in OAK but even then, Prior has shown some nice ability that cannot be game planned for. Is Charles healthy?

Not sure about Charles but Houston was concussed.

Raiders are not that bad a football team 8-0 streak at Arrowhead and lost to the Colts who spanked the 49ers by only 4.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Niners have beaten 1 top 16 team...KC has beaten 2. Niners might have faced some tougher teams...but they've lost to all of those. What are the records of those teams today is more important that what the record of those teams were last year.

Like I said, I'm not impressed. KC is facing the Houston Texans shortly, that will be an interesting matchup to see how they deal with a common opponent that the 49ers absolutely demolished. Also what happens when they face Denver and Alex's 4 yard checkdowns are no longer sufficient against a high octane Broncos offense that will score on anyone. KC looks good thus far, but they have A LOT to prove still, it'll be interesting to see how they handle better quality opponents.

An injury depleted 49ers team has handled some very tough games while KC beat up on cupcakes such as Jacksonville. Now the tables will be switching, we'll see how both teams deal.

So we demolished the Texans, right? Right, thanks to the defense and run game. Now let's take a similar opponent the Raiders played in the Colts. The Colts barely won that game and had to do it in come back fashion and the 49ers were absolutely demolished. So are you saying that the Raiders could come to our house and beat us?

You also claim that we are going to get better as soon as everyone is healthy but can't you say the same thing about a team that is 5-0 with injuries at TE and on the offensive line and keeping in mind this is their first year under Reid? I would think you would give them the benefit of the doubt by knowing all of this. If a team in it's 3rd year can get better in your eyes, I think it's a safe bet that a team that's 5-0 in it's 1st year can get even better.
[ Edited by KoolBeans on Oct 11, 2013 at 8:16 AM ]
^^ both Charles and Houston are likely to play... JC probably at 97% and Houston at 60%.

COLTS
BROWNS
BENGALS
STEELERS
BUCS
RAVENS
BILLS
FALCONS
SAINTS
PANTHERS

Meh with Cassel under center and an easier schedule Chiefs may have gone 3-13 4-12.

QB most important dude on the field Alex has been the big difference maker for the Chiefs. If the extreme Alex haters LMAO are waiting and wishing for Alex to fail and return to his 2005 form good luck with that one your going to be sadly disappointed Alex is a late bloomer just 29 who since 2011 is finally playing on good teams under good coaches and he has developed into an elite NFL game manager QB that wins games ranked #1 in the NFL since 2011.

QB is a big difference maker. Just look at HOU. They are giving 7 points per game. But by the out of division schedule last year was rough.

I think they beat the Raiders but the Raiders are a scary team to play right now. They are playing disciplined football. Disciplined teams have been an Alex Smith Achilles heal. Not sure why, but it has been a pattern.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by dj43:
Fasano is a good blocker. His experience also would help. In the meantime, I love the fact McGrath is proving to be a player. He's tough and he catches the ball.

Oh definitely. McGrath has been a huge surprise and help to the KC offense. I really liked Kelce as a prospect, but he has been a remarkable disappointment. It's a true blessing for them that McGrath has stepped up.

Read a medical report yesterday that Kelce may not play at all this year. His knee problem is rather complicated.
Not to "rub salt in the wounds" over Cooper but here is a glowing report on him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000259709/article/kiko-alonso-among-rising-rookies-tavon-austin-off-to-slow-start

Not that we are short of DBs this year but with Rogers on a big cap number and getting up there in years, along with Culliver's injury, having Cooper on the team instead of Nnamdi would be a great addition. FO made a mistake on this guy for sure.
Raiders have been playing their best football in a few years.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

then season four of the walking dead. a good day