LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• dj43
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by dj43:
Fasano is a good blocker. His experience also would help. In the meantime, I love the fact McGrath is proving to be a player. He's tough and he catches the ball.

Oh definitely. McGrath has been a huge surprise and help to the KC offense. I really liked Kelce as a prospect, but he has been a remarkable disappointment. It's a true blessing for them that McGrath has stepped up.

Read a medical report yesterday that Kelce may not play at all this year. His knee problem is rather complicated.
  • dj43
Not to "rub salt in the wounds" over Cooper but here is a glowing report on him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000259709/article/kiko-alonso-among-rising-rookies-tavon-austin-off-to-slow-start

Not that we are short of DBs this year but with Rogers on a big cap number and getting up there in years, along with Culliver's injury, having Cooper on the team instead of Nnamdi would be a great addition. FO made a mistake on this guy for sure.
Raiders have been playing their best football in a few years.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
And because Alex is a good human being and i'm cheering for him and because the Chiefs are an exciting team to watch now especially at home at Arrowhead it makes for a great Sunday of NFL football action!!

Game #1: Raiders vs Chiefs
Game #2: Cardinals vs 49ers

then season four of the walking dead. a good day
  • dj43
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Yep, the Chiefs defense is really playing well.
I believe Smith's style of football really helps a defense stay fresh.
Ball control, high percentage passing mixed with solid run game keeps the opposing offense on the sidelines.

He looks to be taking a few shots downfield, at least this last game. That is good for him and his team.
Should help keep defenses honest down the road... if he continues to do that.
That was pretty much the Bill Parcells formula with the NY Giants. Worked for a Super Bowl win.
Originally posted by vaden:
As an Alex fan who's seen all their games, I agree the Chiefs are very overrated, but being 5-0 is a major boost to them going forward in terms of team chemistry and buying in to the new coach and QB. Decent teams that believe they're great and have great chemistry can become great.

Yes, its what happened for us when Jim was hired.

We started to win the close low scoring games by running the ball, playing great D and having great special teams.

Lots of people wanted to say Alex was holding the O and team back but I think it was the correct way to take a team with zero confidence and move them along slowly building confidence. It worked great and now we are the talk of the NFL.

Anybody who has been at the bottom for a long time should have talent on the roster, its just a matter of putting that talent to use in the correct fashion. We did it and now it looks like the Chiefs are doing it as well.
Originally posted by rk1642:

We started to win the close low scoring games by running the ball, playing great D and having great special teams.

Lots of people wanted to say Alex was holding the O and team back but I think it was the correct way to take a team with zero confidence and move them along slowly building confidence. It worked great and now we are the talk of the NFL.

Anybody who has been at the bottom for a long time should have talent on the roster, its just a matter of putting that talent to use in the correct fashion. We did it and now it looks like the Chiefs are doing it as well.

Except the Chiefs haven't shown much in the way of a running game.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Jamaal rips an occasional decent run for 7-15, but yeah, I expected more from their run game. The open formations and often crap OL run blocks are hurting their cause. Someone may point out that KC is 10th in rushing... but we also must consider that JC is pretty much their only back used.. rushing for 76 a game... and Alex has 161 rush yds that make for a prettier team stat.
  • dj43

Much of the "running game" is the Walsh version - a short pass to a running back.

Getting Eric Fisher back and up to speed will help. He was just starting to bring his play up when he was concussed. He should be back this weekend. It will be worth watching to see how he does. His run blocking was pretty good prior to the injury. He was still getting beat on protection but improving.

JC may not show up statistically in some games, but I think he gives them a good run threat to help with the offense in general, and help them with a safer passing game off of play action. Makes the defense less aggressive in pass rushing to Smith.

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Jamaal rips an occasional decent run for 7-15, but yeah, I expected more from their run game. The open formations and often crap OL run blocks are hurting their cause. Someone may point out that KC is 10th in rushing... but we also must consider that JC is pretty much their only back used.. rushing for 76 a game... and Alex has 161 rush yds that make for a prettier team stat.

Not to mention that 50-75% of those yards Charles gets is in the 4th qtr.
Much of the "running game" is the Walsh version - a short pass to a running back.

Getting Eric Fisher back and up to speed will help. He was just starting to bring his play up when he was concussed. He should be back this weekend. It will be worth watching to see how he does. His run blocking was pretty good prior to the injury. He was still getting beat on protection but improving.

I'd agree that the short pass has been substituting the run game...but that doesn't take away from the fact that they haven't had one. Fisher has been okay...but nothing special...his back up has been worse. The line as a whole is pretty close to terrible.
  • dj43

I'd agree that the short pass has been substituting the run game...but that doesn't take away from the fact that they haven't had one. Fisher has been okay...but nothing special...his back up has been worse. The line as a whole is pretty close to terrible.

Yep, RT has been a problem. It is a bit like when Kwame was there for the 49ers. It put more pressure on the rest of the line and the RBs.
[quote]Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Yep, the Chiefs defense is really playing well. I believe Smith's style of football really helps a defense stay fresh.
Ball control, high percentage passing mixed with solid run game keeps the opposing offense on the sidelines.

He looks to be taking a few shots downfield, at least this last game.
That is good for him and his team. Should help keep defenses honest down the road... if he continues to do that.[/quote]

Yup the Chiefs are running the west coast offense basically, the same offense that the 49ers ran to 5 SB wins.

Only difference Walsh Montana & Young liked to take a few more shots downfield than Smith although Alex doesn't call the plays which isn't talked about much. They also had Rice and Taylor outside. Alex and Reid are both 5 games into a new system. But Alex can throw the deep ball that pass 40 yard plus play to Avery vs Titans out of the Chiefs endzone was an excellent pass. We shall what happens with Chiefs offense going forward. Charles has been good but the OL has been meh so...
[ Edited by 49ersMVP on Oct 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
[quote]Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Yep, the Chiefs defense is really playing well. I believe Smith's style of football really helps a defense stay fresh.

He looks to be taking a few shots downfield, at least this last game.
That is good for him and his team. Should help keep defenses honest down the road... if he continues to do that.[/quote]

Yup the Chiefs are running the west coast offense basically, the same offense that the 49ers ran to 5 SB wins.

Only difference Walsh Montana & Young liked to take a few more shots downfield than Smith. They also had Rice and Young outside. Alex and Reid are both 5 games into a new system. But Alex can throw the deep ball that pass 40 yard plus play to Avery vs Titans out of the Chiefs endzone was an excellent pass. We shall what happens with Chiefs offense going forward. Charles has been good but the OL has been meh so...

One of these days, he will throw deep multiple times and get 300 yards. I remember when it was said that he doesn't have big numbers because of his low attempts.

Is he still considered efficient at 59% while throwing 3 INT's to 7 TD's?
Share 49ersWebzone