There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
There is nothing lucky about him. He makes the right decisions, reads the field well and doesn't turn it over. That's winning football. He was always underrated on this board and now the haters are getting punched in the mouth. They look pretty stupid at this point. They said he could never do it with another team. It was just the 49ers talent around him. Well he just went to a 2 - 14 team. Worst team in the league. And they 5 - 0. The only significant change is Alex Smith. It's fair to say he has A LOT to do with it.....

Two changes: Alex Smith and Andy Reid. Reid has wanted to run an offense with Alex Smith as QB for quite some time now. We now know that he made inquiries about Smith when he was still with the Eagles. They're clearly a perfect match. The Chiefs had a real good defense struggling with an offense that would turn the ball over and go three and out over and over. It's basically the same defense as they had last year but they're working with a much more efficient and potent offense. Head Coach and Quarterback have really been the only significant changes in that team.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

He brought up Kaepernick. I didn't. If you don't mind me saying this, some of you guys need to calm down about this tendency you have to feel you need to defend Alex Smith. Nobody needs to defend Smith. It would be refreshing if some of you would allow that a Niner fan could support both players. I'm just an honest Niner fan. I support the team. I root for the team first and the individual players second. I wish him well because I think he's a genuinely great individual. My goal is not in any way to demean or dismiss him. I think he's an awesome athlete and one of the toughest QB's the Niners have ever had. In fact, I'll go as far as to say he seems to me to be the toughest Niner QB since Brodie and I've got specific reasons for saying that. I'd be happy to share the toughness observations in detail, but this is going way too long. Nobody likes long posts around here.

My post to you was not an accusation of whether you like, attack, or defend Smith. You have stated your position many times now, and people either believe or disbelieve you on that. My post to you was simply that whether initiated by you or not, I distinctly recall the mods asking us not to make direct comparisons, and dragging Kaep's name into this thread. If someone does, then that doesn't really give someone else free reign to do so either. My intent to be a jr. mod? Hell no. The intent is just to remind people to leave Kaep out of this and play nice... as I don't want to feel "forced" into being that 2nd guy to get caught and then ejected from the game.

( now, I'd use one of my wink and peace sign smilies, but I fear that would be misconstrued )
Originally posted by xela510:
This team is so fun to watch. I love to see great defense and watch Alex excel.

same! Alex forever <3
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Two changes: Alex Smith and Andy Reid. Reid has wanted to run an offense with Alex Smith as QB for quite some time now. We now know that he made inquiries about Smith when he was still with the Eagles. They're clearly a perfect match. The Chiefs had a real good defense struggling with an offense that would turn the ball over and go three and out over and over. It's basically the same defense as they had last year but they're working with a much more efficient and potent offense. Head Coach and Quarterback have really been the only significant changes in that team.

the intangible is that both are positive and just a fresh face for a franchise that needed good news. alex is a good leader and lord knows they need a new fresh positive face for that franchise. I know those things have nothing to do with the x and o's of a game and i know you still have to block and tackle well but i just think, just like JH changed the culture and climate of our situation, those two have done the same in kansas city. being from the midwest just to the north of KC, i know mid west people really appreciate good people who are good in the community
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
There is nothing lucky about him. He makes the right decisions, reads the field well and doesn't turn it over. That's winning football. He was always underrated on this board and now the haters are getting punched in the mouth. They look pretty stupid at this point. They said he could never do it with another team. It was just the 49ers talent around him. Well he just went to a 2 - 14 team. Worst team in the league. And they 5 - 0. The only significant change is Alex Smith. It's fair to say he has A LOT to do with it.....
i stay out of alex talk in the regular niner talk thing but here san diego said nothing wrong. many of us struggled with and saw our blood pressure rise against those who said, it was only the niner defense and special teams in his first year under JH . well as SD said,, that theory is now officially out the window,,,,, as it should have been well over a year ago in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
i stay out of alex talk in the regular niner talk thing but here san diego said nothing wrong. many of us struggled with and saw our blood pressure rise against those who said, it was only the niner defense and special teams in his first year under JH . well as SD said,, that theory is now officially out the window,,,,, as it should have been well over a year ago in my opinion
really? Defense and special teams have have been pulling more weight then the offense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
really? Defense and special teams have have been pulling more weight then the offense.
i was just trying to say that alot of us would get bent out of shape in the first year alex played under JH when he would lead us to wins but a lot of people would dilute his efforts and say it was all due to defense and special teams(the first year saw ginn play well and special teams were very good). when we would defend smith we would get called all kinds of names. two years later alex took over a bad team and he has helped lead them to a great start. i am really not interested in rehashing a debate on who is responsible for either his first year under JH or what he is doing this year. I am just trying to give , what i think, is well deserved credit to alex. the chiefs had great defense last year just as they do this year but you saw what took place last year when they had a bad quarterback. thats all i will say on this today
i was just trying to say that alot of us would get bent out of shape in the first year alex played under JH when he would lead us to wins but a lot of people would dilute his efforts and say it was all due to defense and special teams(the first year saw ginn play well and special teams were very good). when we would defend smith we would get called all kinds of names. two years later alex took over a bad team and he has helped lead them to a great start. i am really not interested in rehashing a debate on who is responsible for either his first year under JH or what he is doing this year. I am just trying to give , what i think, is well deserved credit to alex. the chiefs had great defense last year just as they do this year but you saw what took place last year when they had a bad quarterback. thats all i will say on this today

Well said, Chuck.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Well said, Chuck.

paragraphs would have made it better but that is something I am not capable of doing

Well said, Chuck.

paragraphs would have made it better but that is something I am not capable of doing

Yep. Paragraphs is tough in Iowa.
Originally posted by English:
iwasjusttryingtosaythatalotofuswouldgetbentoutofshapeinthefirstyearalexplayedunderJHwhenhewouldleadustowinsbutalotofpeoplewoulddilutehiseffortsandsayitwasallduetodefenseandspecialteamsthefirstyearsawginnplaywellandspecialteamswereverygood).whenwewoulddefendsmithwewouldgetcalledallkindsofnames.twoyearslateralextookoverabadteamandhehashelpedleadthemtoagreatstart.iamreallynotinterestedinrehashingadebateonwhoisresponsibleforeitherhisfirstyearunderJHorwhatheisdoingthisyear.Iamjusttryingtogive,whatithink,iswelldeservedcredittoalex.thechiefshadgreatdefenselastyearjustastheydothisyearbutyousawwhattookplacelastyearwhentheyhadabadquarterback.thatsalliwillsayonthistoday

Well said, Chuck.

Yep. Paragraphs is tough in Iowa.

FYP
[ Edited by Jakemall on Oct 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

He brought up Kaepernick. I didn't. If you don't mind me saying this, some of you guys need to calm down about this tendency you have to feel you need to defend Alex Smith. Nobody needs to defend Smith. It would be refreshing if some of you would allow that a Niner fan could support both players. I'm just an honest Niner fan. I support the team. I root for the team first and the individual players second. I wish him well because I think he's a genuinely great individual. My goal is not in any way to demean or dismiss him. I think he's an awesome athlete and one of the toughest QB's the Niners have ever had. In fact, I'll go as far as to say he seems to me to be the toughest Niner QB since Brodie and I've got specific reasons for saying that. I'd be happy to share the toughness observations in detail, but this is going way too long. Nobody likes long posts around here.

My post to you was not an accusation of whether you like, attack, or defend Smith. You have stated your position many times now, and people either believe or disbelieve you on that. My post to you was simply that whether initiated by you or not, I distinctly recall the mods asking us not to make direct comparisons, and dragging Kaep's name into this thread. If someone does, then that doesn't really give someone else free reign to do so either. My intent to be a jr. mod? Hell no. The intent is just to remind people to leave Kaep out of this and play nice... as I don't want to feel "forced" into being that 2nd guy to get caught and then ejected from the game.

( now, I'd use one of my wink and peace sign smilies, but I fear that would be misconstrued )

if i can read between the lines, i think what you're saying is that posting something that rekindles the kaepernick-smith debate is akin to starting a land war in asia--am I correct?
Originally posted by hofer36:
if i can read between the lines, i think what you're saying is that posting something that rekindles the kaepernick-smith debate is akin to starting a land war in asia--am I correct?

... yeah, let's go with that.

The Tony Gonzalez trade rumors die down before they really even got started. The Atlanta Falcons TE and former KC Chiefs TE told Jay Glazer of FOX Sports that he does NOT want to be traded.
Here's the message from Glazer:
I've seen a lot of tweets w rumors that Falcons should trade Tony Gonzalez, just got off the phone w him he absolutely does NOT want that. Wants to finish up in ATL

"Fine, Tony... be that way, who needs ya?!? Sean McGrath is awesome ANYWAY!"

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/10/8/4817382/tony-gonzalez-trade-rumors-chiefs-falcons
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Sportswriters are getting into the discussion now too. I don't see how it can be avoided with Smith currently outplaying Kap.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/1362/smith-over-kaepernick-really
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

kudos to Smith, but the Chiefs defense is NUMBER 1 in the NFL and Andy Reid gets huge credit

The Chiefs were last in the league (tied with the Eagles) with -24 turnovers in 2012, now they're first with +10.
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Oct 9, 2013 at 8:06 AM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home