There are 147 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
At this rate, the Chiefs look poised to make a run at 10+ wins. I admit, with the way CK has been playing, and the way Alex is playing, I actually miss him being here.

Wish I didn't have to feel like that because I love CK as a player, and I think like all of us, I just wish he was playing in a way where we didn't even have the beginnings of the slightest thought of missing Alex.

Ok, I will say it. Right now it looks like the 49ers traded the wrong QB. The 49ers would have gotten multiple firsts for Kap, and Alex Smith is playing better ball right now. Kap is in a sophomore slump right now. Defenses have found a defense that he doesn't play well against right now, plus I think he is a bit rattled and has regressed. We all hope that Kap figures things out and goes back to his playoff ways, but if he does not, the trade was a mistake.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
These dudes gotta lose some games because I want that 2nd round pick to be in the middle of the round.
Originally posted by susweel:
These dudes gotta lose some games because I want that 2nd round pick to be in the middle of the round.

expect them to go 9-0 heading into Denver in Week 11. Should be a great game considering Reid is 13-1 coming off a bye week.
[ Edited by drakan on Oct 7, 2013 at 10:22 AM ]
Originally posted by fryet:
Ok, I will say it. Right now it looks like the 49ers traded the wrong QB. The 49ers would have gotten multiple firsts for Kap, and Alex Smith is playing better ball right now. Kap is in a sophomore slump right now. Defenses have found a defense that he doesn't play well against right now, plus I think he is a bit rattled and has regressed. We all hope that Kap figures things out and goes back to his playoff ways, but if he does not, the trade was a mistake.

Currently, Smith has had 53 more pass attempts than Kaepernick. Smith has a 58.4 completion % to Kap's 56.1. Smith has a 83.7 QB rating to Kap's 81.9. Smith has a 6.5 yard per catch to Kap's 7.34. Smith has 7 TD's against 3 ints and Kap has 6 TD's against 4 ints. The Niners have played four playoff teams from last year and the fifth was the Rams in St. Louis on a Thursday night, so I'd say the Niners have had the tougher schedule so far.

So, I think it's a little early to be lurching to the conclusion that the trade was a mistake. Let's let the season play out a little more.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Currently, Smith has had 53 more pass attempts than Kaepernick. Smith has a 58.4 completion % to Kap's 56.1. Smith has a 83.7 QB rating to Kap's 81.9. Smith has a 6.5 yard per catch to Kap's 7.34. Smith has 7 TD's against 3 ints and Kap has 6 TD's against 4 ints. The Niners have played four playoff teams from last year and the fifth was the Rams in St. Louis on a Thursday night, so I'd say the Niners have had the tougher schedule so far.

So, I think it's a little early to be lurching to the conclusion that the trade was a mistake. Let's let the season play out a little more.

so now, even you are engaging in the Kaep vs Alex comparisons that the mods have been clear about wanting us to avoid?

is Kaep on a new team with a new system and new players? I need a nap..
Marcus Cooper Once again making the late game play. Niners FO and coaching staff blew it on Cooper

Impressive win for the Chiefs. They're are a good solid team that just beaten a good team in the Titans on the road.
glad the Chiefs hung on yesterday against that dickface Gregg Williams
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
glad the Chiefs hung on yesterday against that dickface Gregg Williams

• fryet
  • Veteran

Including the first game of Kap in the comparison misses the point. Since the GB game, the defenses have changed, and Kap has not been able to adjust. I don't see how you can argue that Alex Smith is not playing better football right now. I do agree that it is premature to make any final conclusion on this. Hopefully, Kap can return to form.
Including the first game of Kap in the comparison misses the point. Since the GB game, the defenses have changed, and Kap has not been able to adjust. I don't see how you can argue that Alex Smith is not playing better football right now. I do agree that it is premature to make any final conclusion on this. Hopefully, Kap can return to form.

The statistics were not meant to show that Alex Smith is not playing better football. I think he is playing better football. They were meant to show that there is not as much difference in how they are performing as it seems when looking at the win-loss record. Now, I will never understand how including the first game misses the point. The Packers took away the run and the read option forcing Kaepernick to play QB from the pocket. I agree that the Packers didn't have a good secondary, so that is certainly part of the equation. But, by the same token, the Seahawks, Colts and Texans have top-10 or top 5 secondaries, so that's part of the equation as well. Have the Chiefs played a team as tough as the Seahawks, Colts or Texans so far? They've played some good teams and they're playing well, but I don't think they've faced nearly as tough a schedule as the Niners have so far.

• vaden
  • Veteran
Chiefs better not take the Raiders lightly. They've won six straight at Arrowhead, and I think Pryor is for real. Even Fitzpatrick gave the Chiefs a lot of problems with his scrambling. The way the Chiefs' offense is playing, and with Avery having a shoulder contusion, I think 17-20 points will win this game.

The statistics were not meant to show that Alex Smith is not playing better football. I think he is playing better football. They were meant to show that there is not as much difference in how they are performing as it seems when looking at the win-loss record. Now, I will never understand how including the first game misses the point. The Packers took away the run and the read option forcing Kaepernick to play QB from the pocket. I agree that the Packers didn't have a good secondary, so that is certainly part of the equation. But, by the same token, the Seahawks, Colts and Texans have top-10 or top 5 secondaries, so that's part of the equation as well. Have the Chiefs played a team as tough as the Seahawks, Colts or Texans so far? They've played some good teams and they're playing well, but I don't think they've faced nearly as tough a schedule as the Niners have so far.

i think alex smith is in the best place for him right now...he has played well, better imo than his stats might suggest...he has made big throws when it has counted (yesterday after they fell behind, due to his piss poor pass that was picked off- he stuck it in a tight window on the sideline for bowe to make a big cacth), and the Chiefs has shown a propensity for making these huge 4th quarter drives eating up a lot of clock...im also glad to see a good guy like andy reid have success

as for the niners they played it out like the cards which were dealt dictated--kaepernick showed great potential, trading smith gave them picks to get more players, as did trading in his $8 million plus salary for starting qb for kaerpnick's $1million salary...for those who would still want smith on the team who do you dump to make that extra salary space needed to fit under the cap?
still it seems there is something wrong with the niners passing offense, whether it is due to kaepernick or other factors like crabtree's injury, or most likely alot of factors---what has happened to harbaugh's great qb developing capabilities? it is still early and he can turn things around but after last night's game I felt worried about kaepernick's development for the 1st time..he just didnt seem real confident out there
Agree hofer.

It seemed to me he wasn't working through all his progressions. It also seems he isn't confident throwing to other receivers like Vance.

Hell, Miller has more receptions than any other receivers except VD & Boldin.

Also, last night was the first time I've seen him hit so often.
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
The bomb to Bowe was borderline on the white line if Chiefs are at home maybe they get the call and a 60 yard td on that one.

What quarter and time in the game roughly did this play happen? I'd like to catch it on rewind.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
The bomb to Bowe was borderline on the white line if Chiefs are at home maybe they get the call and a 60 yard td on that one.

What quarter and time in the game roughly did this play happen? I'd like to catch it on rewind.

4th quarter just after titans went ahead
Share 49ersWebzone