There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Having a good defense did not solve their QB situation..AS is in the same position as he was with the 9ers in 2011..bandaid till someone better comes along

AS has kept them from giving up the ball...but he's also not marching down field as well

11th ranked in offensive efficiency... and that is despite Jamaal Charles ranked as the 26th RB in success rate.


What ya got, bro 49AllTheTime? No dispute on this one?

... and to Dilfer...

Trent Dilfer... SB year
59.3 comp % -- 12 TD / 11 INT -- 76.6 rating

Alex Smith... last 3 years
62.0 comp % -- 52 TD / 14 INT -- 95.1 QB rating


Hmmmmmm... yeah, looks about the same...
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Having a good defense did not solve their QB situation..AS is in the same position as he was with the 9ers in 2011..bandaid till someone better comes along

AS has kept them from giving up the ball...but he's also not marching down field as well

You obviously don't watch the chiefs games, which is fine, but stay out if this thread if you are just gonna make posts to piss people off.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Having a good defense did not solve their QB situation..AS is in the same position as he was with the 9ers in 2011..bandaid till someone better comes along

AS has kept them from giving up the ball...but he's also not marching down field as well

You obviously don't watch the chiefs games, which is fine, but stay out if this thread if you are just gonna make posts to piss people off.

I watched every game so far..where would you like to discuss?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I watched every game so far..where would you like to discuss?

Well your wrong as f**k then. Lol
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Having a good defense did not solve their QB situation..AS is in the same position as he was with the 9ers in 2011..bandaid till someone better comes along

AS has kept them from giving up the ball...but he's also not marching down field as well

11th ranked in offensive efficiency... and that is despite Jamaal Charles ranked as the 26th RB in success rate.


What ya got, bro 49AllTheTime? No dispute on this one?

... and to Dilfer...

Trent Dilfer... SB year
59.3 comp % -- 12 TD / 11 INT -- 76.6 rating

Alex Smith... last 3 years
62.0 comp % -- 52 TD / 14 INT -- 95.1 QB rating


Hmmmmmm... yeah, looks about the same...

Yup...looks like the defenses carried
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I watched every game so far..where would you like to discuss?

Well your wrong as f**k then. Lol

Where? And which game do you want to start
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Where? And which game do you want to start

The numbers and the offensive efficiency doesn't lie. Also, really no need to value your quarterback assessment when almost every NFL analyst (that actually played in the NFL) says the dude is playing the position very well. But I assume you think you know more than they do.
I'm sure they're going to get to 8 wins, so now I'd like to see the Chiefs lose some games so that the pick is as high as possible. I see 2 games against the Chargers, 2 against the Broncos, 1 against the Colts and 1 against the Texans coming up for the Chiefs. They've also got games at the Titans and at the Redskins. I'd like to see them lose six of those 8 games. Losing 8 of them would be better, but that's too much to hope for. 10-6 at least gets the Niners into the high teens or low 20's on the second round pick.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,155
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Having a good defense did not solve their QB situation..AS is in the same position as he was with the 9ers in 2011..bandaid till someone better comes along

AS has kept them from giving up the ball...but he's also not marching down field as well

11th ranked in offensive efficiency... and that is despite Jamaal Charles ranked as the 26th RB in success rate.


What ya got, bro 49AllTheTime? No dispute on this one?

... and to Dilfer...

Trent Dilfer... SB year
59.3 comp % -- 12 TD / 11 INT -- 76.6 rating

Alex Smith... last 3 years
62.0 comp % -- 52 TD / 14 INT -- 95.1 QB rating


Hmmmmmm... yeah, looks about the same...

Yup...looks like the defenses carried

I guess the 49er defense carried Joe Montana all those years as well. His LIFETIME QB rating is 93 and completion % is 63. Almost identical to Smith's last three years.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Where? And which game do you want to start

The numbers and the offensive efficiency doesn't lie. Also, really no need to value your quarterback assessment when almost every NFL analyst (that actually played in the NFL) says the dude is playing the position very well. But I assume you think you know more than they do.

What he's doing is not making mistakes. Let's not pretend Alex is burning up the league. They're in the middle of the pack on offense and they lead the league in points allowed. The strength of the team is clearly defense. The Eagles game is a great example. He simply would not take a shot down field. He's still very timid about taking any chances at all. It's working with the Chiefs because they haven't really run into what people would call one of the stronger offensive teams yet. We'll see where the Chiefs offense is when they run into a team that they have to score on like the Broncos, Chargers, Colts or Texans.
Originally posted by dj43:
I guess the 49er defense carried Joe Montana all those years as well. His LIFETIME QB rating is 93 and completion % is 63. Almost identical to Smith's last three years.

Montana led the league in passing or was in the top five in '84, '87, '89, '90 (there might be more years). Montana was first team All-Pro three times and was invited to 8 pro bowls. Yes, he had some very good defenses, but let's not pretend that Smith's QB rating over the last 3 years puts him anywhere near Joe Montana. That's just silly and it's a textbook example of silly applications for statistics.
[ Edited by GNielsen on Oct 5, 2013 at 9:40 AM ]
  • dj43
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,155
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I'm sure they're going to get to 8 wins, so now I'd like to see the Chiefs lose some games so that the pick is as high as possible. I see 2 games against the Chargers, 2 against the Broncos, 1 against the Colts and 1 against the Texans coming up for the Chiefs. They've also got games at the Titans and at the Redskins. I'd like to see them lose six of those 8 games. Losing 8 of them would be better, but that's too much to hope for. 10-6 at least gets the Niners into the high teens or low 20's on the second round pick.

It will all depend on injuries. If Smith and Charles stay healthy, 10 wins look like it might be low. Avery has really stepped up his game. Bowe is demanding double teams much of the time. Fasano along with Kelce should be back in another week. Eric Fisher was just beginning to play better and now is out with a concussion. That will slow his progress a bit but he has too much raw talent not to be a force in the second half of the season. Going to be interesting. This thread will continue to roll along.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,155
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by dj43:
I guess the 49er defense carried Joe Montana all those years as well. His LIFETIME QB rating is 93 and completion % is 63. Almost identical to Smith's last three years.

Montana led the league in passing or was in the top five in '84, '87, '89, '90 (there might be more years). Yes, he had some very good defenses, but let's not pretend that Smith's QB rating over the last 3 years puts him anywhere near Joe Montana. That's just silly and it's a textbook example of silly applications for statistics.
I was only using that to point out that the fallacy in 49ATT's retort on defense carrying that team. However, it IS worth noting that Smith's rating is the same as Montana's during that time, and that Smith's teams have won an overwhelming number of games.

It's a team sport but QB is the most important position on the team. KC's roster changed only at QB this year and they went from a pathetic loser to undefeated with only that change. So we can talk about Andy Reid, and he has helped change the culture but let's not fool ourselves. This KC team would not be a .500 team with Brady Quinn at QB again this year.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Montana led the league in passing or was in the top five in '84, '87, '89, '90 (there might be more years). Montana was first team All-Pro three times and was invited to 8 pro bowls. Yes, he had some very good defenses, but let's not pretend that Smith's QB rating over the last 3 years puts him anywhere near Joe Montana. That's just silly and it's a textbook example of silly applications for statistics.

We should also not pretend that playing QB today is anything like playing QB back in the 80's. Matt Stafford has thrown for like 10k yards over the past two seasons. Are we ready to start comparing him to Favre and Elway?
[ Edited by Salty on Oct 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
It will all depend on injuries. If Smith and Charles stay healthy, 10 wins look like it might be low. Avery has really stepped up his game. Bowe is demanding double teams much of the time. Fasano along with Kelce should be back in another week. Eric Fisher was just beginning to play better and now is out with a concussion. That will slow his progress a bit but he has too much raw talent not to be a force in the second half of the season. Going to be interesting. This thread will continue to roll along.

Schedule has something to do with things as well. They haven't seen anything like the Broncos, Chargers or Texans yet. What I find most impressive about them so far is holding the Eagles offense to 16 points (I think that's what it was). The Eagles are a top five offense. On the other hand, the Eagles defense is at the bottom of the league and the Chiefs only scored 17 on them. I'm pretty hopeful and pretty sure that teams like the Broncos, Chargers, Texans and Colts are going to bring the Chiefs back down to earth.