How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• dj43
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Alex's Pace: 352/584 60.3% 3828 yd 28 TD 8 INT

That's a very good TD to Int ratio but the rest is pedestrian. Wins are obviously the most important though.

Correct--28 TDs to 8 INTs isn't pedestiran. The rest is typical WCO numbers for a QB. But you are most correct about wins...they trump everything.

Edit: The WCO relies on limiting turn overs. Walsh considered a short pass to be just as reliable as a hand-off so QBs will tend to have fewer YPA.

In Joe Montana's best year rating wise (102.9 , he averaged 226 yds/game, 28 TDs 10 INTs...and won the SB.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Alex's Pace: 352/584 60.3% 3828 yd 28 TD 8 INT

That's a very good TD to Int ratio but the rest is pedestrian. Wins are obviously the most important though.

Correct--28 TDs to 8 INTs isn't pedestiran. The rest is typical WCO numbers for a QB. But you are most correct about wins...they trump everything.

Edit: The WCO relies on limiting turn overs. Walsh considered a short pass to be just as reliable as a hand-off so QBs will tend to have fewer YPA.

In Joe Montana's best year rating wise (102.9 , he averaged 226 yds/game, 28 TDs 10 INTs...and won the SB.

After 25 years of passing inflation, those stats, in 2013, would 142, 350yds/game, 43 TD's, 10 INTs* and 10 SB's.

* Don't ask me why.
Originally posted by dj43:
We can speculate all day long but there may be a good bit of truth in that thinking.

I believe Baalke has been surprised by how well Smith has done in KC (he shouldn't be) and disappointed in the reality that it is going to take CK more than just 16 games to learn the finesse part of QB play.

When Smith was being shopped last spring, I postulated that Smith was worth a 1st round pick. Of course I was flamed for that but now.....hmmmmmm

On hindsight we can look back: If you are a HC going into a 2-14 team like Andy Reid, someone offers you a qb that will shore up the most important position in football, to let you concentrate on the other aspect of implementing your newly installed offense at a cost of 2 - 2nd rounder. That's actually a pretty good deal for Andy Reid. I thought we could only get a 4th, maybe a high 3rd for Smith, myself...

...and that would so stupid, seeing how Smith is now

I think even Smith's contract is on a cheap side for a starting qb and playing like he is. So that's also cap friendly for the Chiefs.
Originally posted by Joecool:
After 25 years of passing inflation, those stats, in 2013, would 142, 350yds/game, 43 TD's, 10 INTs* and 10 SB's.

* Don't ask me why.

This isn't the economy we're talking about Joe. You think Walsh would say, "Golly, QBs are throwing for more yards now so I'll just throw out my system and use the throw it long system...maybe trade for Romo."

I don't think so! He would still value the short passing game with the occasional long pass to open up the running game.

* Don't ask me why.

This isn't the economy we're talking about Joe. You think Walsh would say, "Golly, QBs are throwing for more yards now so I'll just throw out my system and use the throw it long system...maybe trade for Romo."

I don't think so! He would still value the short passing game with the occasional long pass to open up the running game.

All these fantasy football stats made fans a bunch of potatoes.

#realtalk

Originally posted by kidash98:

* Don't ask me why.

#realtalk

Lucky I've never done the fantasy thing! The closest I've come is the Pick'em thread...and that hasn't gone so well!
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Alex leads all QBs in rushing attempts
Originally posted by vaden:
Alex leads all QBs in rushing attempts

He is better at being Colin Kaepernick than Colin is
Gotta admit I do enjoy watching the Chiefs play the same way that made us successful. I really hope we get back to that....consistently.

Our 2011 and (to an extent) our 2012 offense = our fat girlfriend who finally lost some weight and was lookin good and keeping us happy. She wasn't a trophy wife but she got the job done.

2013 offense = the sexy hot neighbor lady who sucks and f**ks like a champ and you're all excited until you discover the med cabinet filled with anti-psychotics.
Sean McGrath was asked this question.

Describe Alex Smith.

"Alex is a great quarterback. He spreads the ball out and as a tight end, you're looking for a guy that does that, because you get the pill a little bit more. He goes through his progressions and the great thing about Alex is, he's going to hit the open guy, no matter who it is. From what I've seen, he doesn't have a specific target, before the play is already called; he's going to make his reads and he's going to throw to the open man."

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Sean-McGrath-The-Man-Behind-the-Beard/847632af-c3ce-429d-ae77-b5a82d345f62

4 more wins. C'mon Chiefs, don't be the 2012 Cards. Keep that s**t up and get us that 2nd round pick!
Originally posted by kidash98:

* Don't ask me why.

#realtalk

Lucky I've never done the fantasy thing! The closest I've come is the Pick'em thread...and that hasn't gone so well!

Same here. Luckily, this is my first year of fantasy and I still don't keep track of that team...well, my only move was to bench Vick and start Alex.

Yes, Alex is my starting QB on my fantasy team and he is consistently getting me 30 + points a week.

Why did I pick him? Strong team, weak schedule. Alex doesn't disappoint under these conditions. Definitlely will bench him the week he plays a strong team.

WCO also typically allows for a better rating and completion % as well and that's why I said those numbers are pedestrian. Bottom line he plays efficient and they win games and as long as that holds true he's doing his job.
Same here. Luckily, this is my first year of fantasy and I still don't keep track of that team...well, my only move was to bench Vick and start Alex.

Yes, Alex is my starting QB on my fantasy team and he is consistently getting me 30 + points a week.

Why did I pick him? Strong team, weak schedule. Alex doesn't disappoint under these conditions. Definitlely will bench him the week he plays a strong team.

Great in theory but after you win a Super Bowl and have to pay your qb 20 mil a year that kind of effects how you continue to build the team.
Share 49ersWebzone