There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

The 2013 Chiefs ARE the 2011 Niners. Close to identical in many ways. Love watching them play smart, ball-control football. I really miss that here.

Also gotta love that Alex has 30 carries for 151 while super-athlete Kaepernick has 26 for 140.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
If Alex plays a full season (a big if, considering the weakness of his OL), I'll be surprised if he doesn't throw for 4000 yards. He'd already be over that pace if not for all the drops and mental errors by his receivers, but I expect them and their chemistry with Alex to improve a lot as the season goes on. Same for the OL.

Time to break out the post-"We Want Carr" stats again:

2010: 98/168 (58.33 completion%), 1264 yards (7.52 ypa), 10 TD/2 INT, 97 QB rating, 3-1 record

2011 + playoffs: 309/513 (60.23%), 3639 yards (7.09 ypa), 22 TD/5 INT, 92 QB rating, 14-4 record

2012: 153/218 (70.18%), 1737 yards (7.97 ypa), 13 TD/5 INT, 104.1 QB rating, 6-2 record

2013: 88/146 (60.27%), 957 yards (6.56 ypa), 7 TD/2 INT, 89.9 QB rating, 4-0 record

total: 648/1045 (62.01%), 7597 yards (7.27 ypa), 52 TD/14 INT, 95.1 QB rating, 27-7 record

Solid QB play and sustaining drives helps your defence. We saw it when our offence was not able to get anything going,our defence ultimately flattered.

Alex is what he is,solid, efficient, not flashy, makes solid plays and gets his team in a position to win.
Trent should've asked for a 1st rounder.
Originally posted by jreff22:

It could be because the 49ers thought that they needed to accommodate Smith to a certain degree, or it also could be that Baalke bought into the "game manager" thinking as well. For that a second- and a third-round picks would appear to be quite a lot.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Alex's Pace: 352/584 60.3% 3828 yd 28 TD 8 INT

That's a very good TD to Int ratio but the rest is pedestrian. Wins are obviously the most important though.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

LOL
Originally posted by jreff22:

he is probably talking to the chiefs right now---anthony dixon for a 7th round pick
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Alex's Pace: 352/584 60.3% 3828 yd 28 TD 8 INT

That's a very good TD to Int ratio but the rest is pedestrian. Wins are obviously the most important though.

Correct--28 TDs to 8 INTs isn't pedestiran. The rest is typical WCO numbers for a QB. But you are most correct about wins...they trump everything.

Edit: The WCO relies on limiting turn overs. Walsh considered a short pass to be just as reliable as a hand-off so QBs will tend to have fewer YPA.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 30, 2013 at 7:28 AM ]
Are any of you surprised how quickly KC has adopted the no huddle offense? This is something I thought Alex could do with us.
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
Are any of you surprised how quickly KC has adopted the no huddle offense? This is something I thought Alex could do with us.

I really wanted them to do this! But with a huge OLine it's hard to play speed ball. Am not surprised at all that Smith can do this effectively...probably loves it! If I remember correctly, Smith did this a lot under Johnson.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by KoolBeans:

I really wanted them to do this! But with a huge OLine it's hard to play speed ball. Am not surprised at all that Smith can do this effectively...probably loves it! If I remember correctly, Smith did this a lot under Johnson.

ran a lot of no huddle at Utah too
It's far too often that we hear the term "game manager" thrown around, as it usually has more to do with a team's defense and running game rather than a quarterback's ability to actually manage the game. Alex Smith (+3.3) will certainly don the label if this season continues as is, and he certainly resembles the most common definition given the Chiefs' recent reliance on defense and short passe — but to win in the NFL the QB must make some throws at some point, and Smith did just that on Sunday. While his aforementioned interception was a poor throw and he was saddled with another one on a drop from RB Jamaal Charles, it was his ability to move the chains in key situations that stood out. After completing only one pass beyond 10 yards in his previous game, Smith excelled at the intermediate (10-19 yard) level on Sunday, completing 8 of 12 passes for 161 yards and two touchdowns. Perhaps the throw of the game was his pass to TE Kevin Brock at the 9:07 mark of the fourth quarter. With Kansas City on a potential game-sealing drive, a penalty had them backed up for a 1st-and-25. Smith immediately erased the deficit with a beautifully placed pass up the seam in between four Giants. The pass was a perfect microcosm of this game for the Giants, as every glimmer of hope seemed to disappear quickly, and Smith's efficient afternoon was a big reason for their inability to mount a comeback.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/30/refo-nyg-kc-week-4/
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by hofer36:
this chief team looks and plays alot like the 2011 niners though reid likes to throw the ball more

do the chiefs only have 2 run plays--stretch right and stretch left....they could really use a power back to complement charles (peyton hillis got cut, and i know he didnt leave chiefs on good terms...michael turner might be good for 5-10 carries a game)

that cornerback cooper looked real good for chiefs--where did he come from?

the smith critics often overlook the more subtle aspects of his game if you ask me----one thing is he is pretty mobile, and his pocket awareness has improved greatly since he enetered the league---the buying of time before hitting mccluster for 5 yards on 3rd and 5, and another play lynch noted where he made 1 step up in the pocket to find room to throw and complete another 3rd down pass, are a couple examples.........

also his play action...the play fake and pass to the 4th string te was primo

speaking of tight ends, seattle made a mistake dumping mcgrath--he has looked good
sure could have used cooper. proof that our golden front office and coaches are not always on the right side of a player decision

Not sure I agree with this one. They intended on keeping him. Unfortunately the Chiefs had room on their 53 man. We already had Rogers, Brown, Asomugha, Cox, Brock, and eventually Eric Wright. He wasn't making our 53 man roster. I think it's proof that our front office has more talent than the NFL will allow us to have . Get used to seeing talented guys we draft go on and do well for other teams.

i think you can give a roster spot to a prospect like cooper instead of keeping 5 inside linebackers (nate stupar)
keeping a player in a position of need like a corner vs a backup fullback? why would the team ever do that