There are 193 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Originally posted by kray28:
If Alex is that successful with the Chefs ( I know it's still early and they haven't played many great teams), I think that a lot of Niner fans will have some egg on their face.

And I think there will be some second guessing about whether Harbaugh did the right thing too. Already there are some rumblings because Kap is looking less All-World than we all thought he would be.

If he is able to continue to win in the 2011 niners fashion At some point Alex's success will look bad for us . Esp if Kap dosnt pan out

He has already panned out. Not sure what else he could do given that this is a team game. Let's not start using the same illogical thinking that was used to bash Smith over the years. Either guy could have his career ended at any time, so I'm just going to enjoy them both and hope they both succeed.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Chiefs haven't played many great teams. They haven't played any great teams.

Throws 41 times, gets 288 yards.

Did you watch the game? If not you're relying on something that doesn't tell your eye ball test. Alex looked pretty freaking good.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Chiefs haven't played many great teams. They haven't played any great teams.

Throws 41 times, gets 288 yards.

Did you watch the game? If not you're relying on something that doesn't tell your eye ball test. Alex looked pretty freaking good.

Save it. He didn't watch. The only reason he comes back is people respond to it. If everyone ignores him, he will get mad and take his ball home
Alex Smith is 24-5-1 in the last 2+ years? Holy s**t.
Originally posted by Method:

he.just.wins.
Niners really blew it with Cooper. He's looking amazing. Chiefs now have 3 starting quality CBs once Flowers is healthy.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Sep 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM ]

Even better now...
just saw the highlights on the Chiefs v Giants. Smith still boss in the 20-goal line.
I really want to know why he threw the ball on that slant INT. The Giants CB clearly had the inside position, yet Smith threw it anyway. Makes me wonder was he expecting something else. There was a lot of physical play from both the receiver and the CB.

The other INT I missed altogether
Harbaugh knows QBs and right now Kap is cheaper. Paraag likes that
Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for 16to87.
Alex is playing great for the Chiefs, wish him & his team well for 4 more wins. But at the end of the day he's not my QB and they and they are not my team.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I really want to know why he threw the ball on that slant INT. The Giants CB clearly had the inside position, yet Smith threw it anyway. Makes me wonder was he expecting something else. There was a lot of physical play from both the receiver and the CB.

The other INT I missed altogether

Ball was thrown before the CB and Bowe fought for position...my guess is that it was a timed route. Bowe was supposed to win the battle if he was 1 on 1. He was. He didn't.
Originally posted by boast:

he.just.wins.

He is a good QB.
Alex is playing very good, but so is the whole team. Defense and special teams Also out scored the other team.
People can say what they want about Alex but he has fought back through A LOT. Most guys don't make it back from where he was at, dude was going down the David Carr, Joey Harrington road, but fought back. Had Singletary not had been so stubbron and played Troy Smith over Alex I think we would have made the playoffs that year, but then it's quite possible that Jim Harbaugh would no be our coach right now and prob in Miami or somewhere. I feel like through the playoff run and how he played before the concussion he made up for all the bad years. Now he is in KC and for one more year his good play benefits the 49ers. Is he a 400 yard, 3 touchdown a game QB... of course not. But he takes care of the ball, can get your 300 and a 3 tds if you need it and he can use his legs. With a great defense you can't ask for much more out of your QB. As long as Alex plays ball like this he will have a job in this league for a while.