LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 177 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

it was impressive how smith hung in the pocket and stepped into the throw knowing he was going to take a hit, on the td pass to bowe
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Chiefs haven't played many great teams. They haven't played any great teams.

Throws 41 times, gets 288 yards.

gets the win and that's all that matters and what anyone will remember anyway.
Isn't this classic Smith. He never puts up eye popping stats but seems to get the win. Now you can say he has a great defense etc. Smith's play while conservtive helps the D.

Time of possession. Chiefs 33.41 vs 26.19 Niners 29.18 vs 30.42

Not a fantasy stat but one that matters in the game. The defense gets to rest more and is able to make more play vs them wearing out and eventually allowing the opposing team to run the ball at will vs you.

Not turning the ball over, getting key first downs and being able to run the ball all lead to this. We can run the ball but Kaep has to improve in the first two areas. Smith (now he has more experience) is doing well in these areas and thus they are 4-0.

Kaep needs to sometimes take the easy first down so we can continue our drives and understand his great talent can continue to be on the field and generate the big play later. It just seem Kaep wants the big play every time which leads to our offense stalling.
[ Edited by dwett on Sep 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM ]

Joecool's daily planner

• Wake up
  • Not watch NFL analysts
  • Hate on Alex for personal reasons
  • Check Chiefs score and realize they are about to win
  • Get pissed off for reasons we can't figure out
  • Post some anti-Alex crap to make himself feel better
  • Go to bed
Alex Smith is a "good" quarterback. Just about everyone agree with this. However, Matt Schaub is also a "good" quarterback.

"Good" quarterbacks will win you a lot of games in the regular season. Their greatest strength is that you will almost always be in the game, especially if you have a good defense and special teams (which are both super for KC this year).

The problem is, do "good" quarterbacks win Super Bowls? Not often.

Rogers, P Manning, Brees, Brady, and then playmakers like E Manning and Roethlisberger can get it done with amazing pass rush backing them up on defense.

You have to make PLAYS at quarterback. Kap can do that. You have to go with that over consistency. That being said, last year Kap was Superman when it came to consistency. Only this year, he has shown inconsistency.
I love how Alex suddenly has a "super Special Teams, and Defense" now.

I bet not one person said that in the start of this thread. Alex has made a fundamental change to that team, and if you don't see it, you probably haven't been watching any games.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Originally posted by kray28:
If Alex is that successful with the Chefs ( I know it's still early and they haven't played many great teams), I think that a lot of Niner fans will have some egg on their face.

And I think there will be some second guessing about whether Harbaugh did the right thing too. Already there are some rumblings because Kap is looking less All-World than we all thought he would be.

If he is able to continue to win in the 2011 niners fashion At some point Alex's success will look bad for us . Esp if Kap dosnt pan out

He has already panned out. Not sure what else he could do given that this is a team game. Let's not start using the same illogical thinking that was used to bash Smith over the years. Either guy could have his career ended at any time, so I'm just going to enjoy them both and hope they both succeed.

Did you watch the game? If not you're relying on something that doesn't tell your eye ball test. Alex looked pretty freaking good.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Did you watch the game? If not you're relying on something that doesn't tell your eye ball test. Alex looked pretty freaking good.

Save it. He didn't watch. The only reason he comes back is people respond to it. If everyone ignores him, he will get mad and take his ball home
Alex Smith is 24-5-1 in the last 2+ years? Holy s**t.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Method:

he.just.wins.

Niners really blew it with Cooper. He's looking amazing. Chiefs now have 3 starting quality CBs once Flowers is healthy.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Sep 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Method:

Even better now...
just saw the highlights on the Chiefs v Giants. Smith still boss in the 20-goal line.
I really want to know why he threw the ball on that slant INT. The Giants CB clearly had the inside position, yet Smith threw it anyway. Makes me wonder was he expecting something else. There was a lot of physical play from both the receiver and the CB.

The other INT I missed altogether
Harbaugh knows QBs and right now Kap is cheaper. Paraag likes that
Share 49ersWebzone