There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Anybody think we could beat KC right now? Could you imagine Alex walking in here and destroying us

i could imagine that very easily with half of our team on the injured list and our one receiving option

Injuries are a great equalizer. It is the key to a successful season. Playoff teams are always healthy teams. The current 49er injury rate, plus Aldon Smith's absence is going to make the playoffs a challenge, especially if they wind up having to go to Seattle to play as a wildcard team.

As to the Chiefs beating the 49ers; I am certain their defense would shut down the current 49er offense. That defense is for real. The job they did on the Eagles was pretty impressive. As to whether or not the Chiefs would score much on the 49ers, I would rather not speculate on that. Charles is certainly a big-time back and a two-way threat. Their OL is struggling right now.
I'm sorry Alex Smith, I was wrong!

So everyone here says the Cowboys are a beatable, East team. They just smashed the Rams by 25+. We should easily take the Rams, right?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Still early, but Alex has to feel pretty good so far..

Bet if they finish with a better record and advance farther in the playoffs, some will say it's "bad karma" for what happened to him last year. I know it had to be awful for Alex to lose his job to injury and then watch his replacement lose the Super Bowl.

It sucks to watch CK floundering at the moment while Alex is having success. I would like them to both be successful, but obviously CK more so than Alex...

So this. So far, Alex 3, CK 1.
Originally posted by Method:
So everyone here says the Cowboys are a beatable, East team. They just smashed the Rams by 25+. We should easily take the Rams, right?

It never quite works like they beat them, we beat they therefore we should mash them.

That being said, yes. We will beat the Rams.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Still early, but Alex has to feel pretty good so far..

Bet if they finish with a better record and advance farther in the playoffs, some will say it's "bad karma" for what happened to him last year. I know it had to be awful for Alex to lose his job to injury and then watch his replacement lose the Super Bowl.

It sucks to watch CK floundering at the moment while Alex is having success. I would like them to both be successful, but obviously CK more so than Alex...

Feel the same way! I thought the best result this year would be for both to succeed, with the 9ers winning the super bowl and KC winning 9 or 10 games.

I still feel great for Alex Smith! Just so nice for him to look good and have success...with a third coach: OC Johnson (end of 2010), Harbaugh and now Reid.

The 9ers will bounce back but it will take either the return of Manningham/Crabtree or for another receiver to step forward to balance Boldin...and a healthy VD.

I really wanted to see both teams do well for obvious reasons. With that said, I disagree with it taking the return of Manningham or Crabtree. What we need to do is go back to our game plan of running the rock and then throwing the ball enough to keep teams honest. If Kaep is struggling, this is the best cure. It'll also protect him and save his mojo for games when we really need it.

That argument after I stated that Alex is probably smiling somewhere was a stupid ass way to hate on Alex. Some people can never let go. Of course, our schedule has been ridiculously difficult, but is saying that Alex's 3-0 record and good times so far is because his schedule has been easeir supposed to make us feel better? Gimme a break man.

Also, I guess some people judge how good a team is based on if they made the playoffs last year, only. Even if they're in different conferences lol
Originally posted by sacniner:

That argument after I stated that Alex is probably smiling somewhere was a stupid ass way to hate on Alex. Some people can never let go. Of course, our schedule has been ridiculously difficult, but is saying that Alex's 3-0 record and good times so far is because his schedule has been easeir supposed to make us feel better? Gimme a break man.

Also, I guess some people judge how good a team is based on if they made the playoffs last year, only. Even if they're in different conferences lol

Um, wrong post quoted?
Originally posted by English:

Um, wrong post quoted?

Lol, no. Method referring to how good (or not good) the Cowboys are was in response to a weird attempt to hate on Alex Smith that started on the previous page I think. Saying the Cowboys aren't that good, and the Colts are better, as a way to diminish Alex's 3-0 record I think.

Um, wrong post quoted?

Lol, no. Method referring to how good (or not good) the Cowboys are was in response to a weird attempt to hate on Alex Smith that started on the previous page I think. Saying the Cowboys aren't that good, and the Colts are better, as a way to diminish Alex's 3-0 record I think.

Method is an Alex Smith fan. He wasn't hating on Alex. He's being sarcastic about how people are saying "the Cowboys blow because Alex beat them, and if the Cowboys beat the Rams so bad, since CK is soooo great and sooo much better, we should beat them too."
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM ]
8. Kansas City (3-0). Quarterback Alex Smith has something in common with the rest of the KC offense: zero turnovers through three games. Not to rewrite history, or say the Niners made the wrong call on Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick, but to refresh your memory about what a gutsy decision Jim Harbaugh made in benching Smith for Kaepernick last fall, Smith was 27 of 29 (.931) for 313 yards, four touchdowns, no interceptions and a 151.2 rating in his final passes as a 49er. So call Alex Smith what you want—Captain Checkdown is probably the most charitable derisive moniker he hears—but understand why Andy Reid wanted him so badly when he took over as Chiefs coach. Reid is what I'd call a conservative West Coast offense coach. He wants his quarterback to move the chains, engineer long drives, and not turn it over. He might have the most perfect QB in football for those traits.

Kansas City has won three games in the last 12 days.
Kansas City won twice in the previous 614 days.
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/23/aldon-smith-brian-hoyer-mmqb/3/

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing19 Sep
Alex Smith's last 17 starts: 3 losses, 24 touchdowns, 5 interceptions.

Um, wrong post quoted?

Method is an Alex Smith fan. He wasn't hating on Alex. He's being sarcastic about how people are saying "the Cowboys blow because Alex beat them, and if the Cowboys beat the Rams so bad, since CK is soooo great and sooo much better, we should beat them too."
Yeah, I figured.
How many people here thought that 3 games in, KC would have more wins than our team? I sure as hell didn't!

Again, I'm sorry Alex! He deserved his job back and I laughed at him when he lost it. This quote from above really hit me!

"Smith was 27 of 29 (.931) for 313 yards, four touchdowns, no interceptions and a 151.2 rating in his final passes as a 49er."
How many people here expected AJ to have 1 reception by week 3? Alex makes WR's.

I used that already but it's still funny.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
8. Kansas City (3-0). Quarterback Alex Smith has something in common with the rest of the KC offense: zero turnovers through three games. Not to rewrite history, or say the Niners made the wrong call on Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick, but to refresh your memory about what a gutsy decision Jim Harbaugh made in benching Smith for Kaepernick last fall, Smith was 27 of 29 (.931) for 313 yards, four touchdowns, no interceptions and a 151.2 rating in his final passes as a 49er. So call Alex Smith what you want—Captain Checkdown is probably the most charitable derisive moniker he hears—but understand why Andy Reid wanted him so badly when he took over as Chiefs coach. Reid is what I'd call a conservative West Coast offense coach. He wants his quarterback to move the chains, engineer long drives, and not turn it over. He might have the most perfect QB in football for those traits.

Kansas City has won three games in the last 12 days.
Kansas City won twice in the previous 614 days.
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/23/aldon-smith-brian-hoyer-mmqb/3/

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing19 Sep
Alex Smith's last 17 starts: 3 losses, 24 touchdowns, 5 interceptions.

How ironic that checkdowns to backs and tight ends behind blitzing LBs or safeties that have crowded the LOS is the very thing that would have kept the Seahawk and Indy defenses honest!

It takes a lot of patience but in watching the KC offense against Philly, we saw Alex time after time, competing short swing or flat passes to backs and receivers, several of them gaining just a yard or two. Occasionally, the receiver would slip a tackle and get another 4 or 5 yards, but little more than that. However, as the game went along, the Eagles began crowding the outside of the field and that left the middle of the field open. Once that happened, Alex jumped on it. Most of the yardage they got on that late 3rd quarter drive, and the 8 minute drive in the 4th that clinched the victory, was set up by those early checkdowns into the flats that spread out the defense. Fantasy players hate that kind of player but fans that put wins on a higher level than fantasy players love it.