There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by sacniner:
I wonder if Alex is somewhere in KC smiling right now. They're 3-0 and we just got embarrassed two weeks in a row with JV WRs.

Maybe because Alex has played JV teams. Niners have played playoff teams three straight weeks.

The cowboys are a good team. Probably better than the colts. But if that makes you feel better go with it.
this is going to be a sickening (and busy week for the mods) at the WZ...

condolences...
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Sep 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM ]
I wonder if Alex is somewhere in KC smiling right now. They're 3-0 and we just got embarrassed two weeks in a row with JV WRs.

Maybe because Alex has played JV teams. Niners have played playoff teams three straight weeks.

The cowboys are a good team. Probably better than the colts. But if that makes you feel better go with it.

Better than the colts. Lol!!!!!! Is that why they made the playoffs last year?

Ha... Colts lost to the dolphins at home LAST WEEK. Last year was last year. If you're comparing teams in different conferences based solely on if they made the playoffs last year you're wrong. The NFC was a lot better than the afc if you look at the big picture. The cowboys and colts are close. I think the cowboys are just as good and probably better

Like I said, whatever makes you feel good. Trying to diminish a 3-0 record is okay for therapeutic reasons

The Colts have a QB with an IQ above 60...they're better.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
More than us. Alex is a QB god the past two weeks compared to what we got... Absolutely ridiculous. Gore is 11/80 and you abandon the run when the score is 10-7. Kaep throws for 150 yards.

Please stop this. Let the healing begin. No need to drag this into it.

I'm not dragging anything into it... At this rate, the Chiefs will win more games than us. Alex is playing better than Kaepernick. Straight up.
[ Edited by mkmasn on Sep 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM ]
For the 2nd straight week I have to find a way to get over a Niner loss. The Chiefs offer some positives to talk about until the next game. I just hope the Niners can rebound. But damn it doesn't look good right now.
Alex Smith = 3 - 0.

Colin Kaepernick = 1 - 2.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 22, 2013 at 5:19 PM ]
My point was that it is always said that Alex Smith can put up big numbers if he had better receivers but now since he does have that better receiver, you are saying that Bowe should just be happy with winning? I have always felt that Alex is a solid QB but at the same time, don't expect big numbers from his receivers.

Not sure you have this right at all. Seems straw-man misinterpreted to me. The Alex/"big numbers" was never really of interest or of contention to most supporters. it was more about receivers knowing the playbook, running clean routes to garner separation, or simply catching what is thrown in their radius. I don't think anyone views Alex as a guy that will put up crazy 300+ yard games each week... and he has never been on a team that needed to or requested it from him anyway.

He is getting close however. All it takes are a few less dropped passes per game, and Smith will have weekly 300+ yd games.
Ha... Colts lost to the dolphins at home LAST WEEK. Last year was last year. If you're comparing teams in different conferences based solely on if they made the playoffs last year you're wrong. The NFC was a lot better than the afc if you look at the big picture. The cowboys and colts are close. I think the cowboys are just as good and probably better

Like I said, whatever makes you feel good. Trying to diminish a 3-0 record is okay for therapeutic reasons

Dolphins are 3-0. Last year was last year right.

Cowboys and Eagles are both respective wins though.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Dolphins are 3-0. Last year was last year right.

Cowboys and Eagles are both respective wins though.

I don't give a s**t about the colts vs cowboys argument. We can go back and forth about that and it's pointless. My point was that Alex is 3 -0, and you're right those two wins are respective. That's it.
I don't give a s**t about the colts vs cowboys argument. We can go back and forth about that and it's pointless. My point was that Alex is 3 -0, and you're right those two wins are respective. That's it.

No need to downplay our schedule. Seattle is the best team in football, and Indy is not chopped liver either. 16 game season.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

No need to downplay our schedule. Seattle is the best team in football, and Indy is not chopped liver either. 16 game season.

I never downplayed our schedule. I never said the colts sucked either.
Originally posted by fastforward:
My point was that it is always said that Alex Smith can put up big numbers if he had better receivers but now since he does have that better receiver, you are saying that Bowe should just be happy with winning? I have always felt that Alex is a solid QB but at the same time, don't expect big numbers from his receivers.

Not sure you have this right at all. Seems straw-man misinterpreted to me. The Alex/"big numbers" was never really of interest or of contention to most supporters. it was more about receivers knowing the playbook, running clean routes to garner separation, or simply catching what is thrown in their radius. I don't think anyone views Alex as a guy that will put up crazy 300+ yard games each week... and he has never been on a team that needed to or requested it from him anyway.

He is getting close however. All it takes are a few less dropped passes per game, and Smith will have weekly 300+ yd games.

The point is he is so efficient that he doesn't need 300+ yards to win. He is the king of chewing up the clock, moving down the field and is very good in the RZ. The last game they ran more in the RZ or he might have had another TD or two. But if he gets 250 yards and they run for 150 they will win most games. Can he put up big numbers when they have to play catch up to win? Yes, and he has. Just isn't usually his game.
I miss Alex.

That is all.