There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Joecool:
My point was that it is always said that Alex Smith can put up big numbers if he had better receivers but now since he does have that better receiver, you are saying that Bowe should just be happy with winning? I have always felt that Alex is a solid QB but at the same time, don't expect big numbers from his receivers.

Not sure you have this right at all. Seems straw-man misinterpreted to me. The Alex/"big numbers" was never really of interest or of contention to most supporters. it was more about receivers knowing the playbook, running clean routes to garner separation, or simply catching what is thrown in their radius. I don't think anyone views Alex as a guy that will put up crazy 300+ yard games each week... and he has never been on a team that needed to or requested it from him anyway.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
http://www.thescore.com/nfl/articles/1258860-chiefs-star-bowe-has-refreshed-outlook-on-life

Seems to be developing a team first attitude.

Like I said a 50 million dollar contract will allow that. Once you get that long term security you're not as obsessed about your numbers. If you're in a contract year and you have 90 yards thru 3 games that's money flying out the window.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
http://www.thescore.com/nfl/articles/1258860-chiefs-star-bowe-has-refreshed-outlook-on-life

Seems to be developing a team first attitude.

Like I said a 50 million dollar contract will allow that. Once you get that long term security you're not as obsessed about your numbers. If you're in a contract year and you have 90 yards thru 3 games that's money flying out the window.

The link is meant for Bliz.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
My point was that it is always said that Alex Smith can put up big numbers if he had better receivers but now since he does have that better receiver, you are saying that Bowe should just be happy with winning? I have always felt that Alex is a solid QB but at the same time, don't expect big numbers from his receivers.

Not sure you have this right at all. Seems straw-man misinterpreted to me. The Alex/"big numbers" was never really of interest or of contention to most supporters. it was more about receivers knowing the playbook, running clean routes to garner separation, or simply catching what is thrown in their radius. I don't think anyone views Alex as a guy that will put up crazy 300+ yard games each week... and he has never been on a team that needed to or requested it from him anyway.

So now Bowe isn't able to get open and is having his worst statistical season because of that? There is no strawman about it. No WR will be good enough fo Alex unless it is a slot short yardage jitterbug type. I think it has more to do with Alex not throwing it unless it is wide open.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM ]
It's the argument that never ends.
So now Bowe isn't able to get open and is having his worst statistical season because of that? There is no strawman about it. No WR will be good enough fo Alex unless it is a slot short yardage jitterbug type. I think it has more to do with Alex not throwing it unless it is wide open.

Or perhaps Avery is having his best statistical year because of Smith...or it's still a team sport and all things are interconnected?

... and Alex has no problem throwing to a well covered AJ Jenkins, Avery, Charles, Fasano, etc... he just has it out for Bowe, huh?

... and Alex has no problem throwing to a well covered AJ Jenkins, Avery, Charles, Fasano, etc... he just has it out for Bowe, huh?

it is a nonissue as bowe will be traded before the trading deadline...for michael crabtree...heard it here first
More than us. Alex is a QB god the past two weeks compared to what we got... Absolutely ridiculous. Gore is 11/80 and you abandon the run when the score is 10-7. Kaep throws for 150 yards.
[ Edited by mkmasn on Sep 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM ]
Originally posted by mkmasn:
More than us. Alex is a QB god the past two weeks compared to what we got... Absolutely ridiculous. Gore is 11/80 and you abandon the run when the score is 10-7. Kaep throws for 150 yards.

what are you trying to say? Questioning the best coach in NFL history? gee

Please stop this. Let the healing begin. No need to drag this into it.

Please stop this. Let the healing begin. No need to drag this into it.

Agree! Besides being the wrong thread for comments today. .
I wonder if Alex is somewhere in KC smiling right now. They're 3-0 and we just got embarrassed two weeks in a row with JV WRs.
Originally posted by sacniner:
I wonder if Alex is somewhere in KC smiling right now. They're 3-0 and we just got embarrassed two weeks in a row with JV WRs.

I'm sure he is.
Originally posted by sacniner:

Maybe because Alex has played JV teams. Niners have played playoff teams three straight weeks.