Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Joecool:
KC is nothing like HOU. HOU is a high octane offense. KC is a frustrate your ass offense just like SF was two years ago. KCa defense is much better than HOU. One team is sound, the other team can't score enough which is why they get into trouble.

I agree that their offenses are not much alike. Houston has some real scary weapons in the pass game. KC? not so much, no.

Bowe is a beast

Eh... Not seeing it. I know he has been getting bracketed coverage for the most part, so that can help others get open.. but I am not sure he's all that special. Good solid player, but certainly isn't on the level of Andre Johnson, and I would easily take DeAndre Hopkins as my #2 over any other KC receiver. Add in Owen Daniels as better than what Fasano has left. Pkus, those guys (minus the rookie) and QB have been working together for a while in the same system. People underestimate how advantageous that can be.

Its hard to see how talented a WR is with Smith bc he make the more efficient under neath throws that benefit the slots, TEs and RBs. Bowes numbers were obviously gonna suffer but I doubt he is complaining with a 3-0 recorrd and his $56 million contract

Bowe has always been bracketed or hasn't always had help from the other reciever spot. Yet here are his numbers in every 16 game season he's played:

rookie: 79 for 995
2nd: 86 for 1022
4th: 72 for 1162
5th: 81 for 1159.

This year, 9 for 90 after 3 games. Extend that to 16 games and it is a pathetic 48 for 480.

I had already predicted Bowe will not be a happy camper in terms of production due to Alex Smith. Bowe is a big play deep down the field WR who has averaged 13.7 yards per catch his career. That is not Smith's style. So, for those who say Alex just needs a deep threat or a top 5 WR, it won't help the passing stats.

What fits Alex the best is that Boldin or short yardage possession receiver, not the SuperWR. The way to beat Smith is to force him to throw down the hash marks or mostly beyond 15 yards. Give up 2 to 4 big ones a game but he will most likely not throw a lot. Teams just need to make sure they populate that under 10 yard range.

Best defense would be to man-up on Bowe and the other WR with one safety over the top to help and then blitz. Also double Charles with one man assigned to bump him at the line and the next to take on the coverage. Man up on their TE.

This will give up a couple big plays but Alex will not always take it if it is given.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 21, 2013 at 2:38 PM ]
Montana was in a system ideally suited to him after Walsh taught him how to be ideally suited for the WCO. At ND Montana was a completely different type of QB who was a gamer but who also could break your heart. Under Walsh's stern tutelage he developed into Mr. Consistency. Smith desperately needed a coach to help him do the same, but was stuck with Nolan the QB killer and Singletary the clueless one. When Jimmy Raye was fired and Smith was left to his own devices he did much better and then improved again when Harbaugh took over.

Bowe will likely enjoy winning enough to not worry so much about individual stats, but it's a little early to worry about those stats after three games!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Montana was in a system ideally suited to him after Walsh taught him how to be ideally suited for the WCO. At ND Montana was a completely different type of QB who was a gamer but who also could break your heart. Under Walsh's stern tutelage he developed into Mr. Consistency. Smith desperately needed a coach to help him do the same, but was stuck with Nolan the QB killer and Singletary the clueless one. When Jimmy Raye was fired and Smith was left to his own devices he did much better and then improved again when Harbaugh took over.

Bowe will likely enjoy winning enough to not worry so much about individual stats, but it's a little early to worry about those stats after three games!

Right there with ya on that one. I think soo many people are making waaay to big of a deal with this Bowe thing. I mean just tryna get something started IMHO. Their team is 3-0 with tons of games, left and trust me when i say not every team is gonna be able to double him constantly. And the no 1 reason above all. Its Smith and Co's first year in the offense. I say wait till this season finishes, lets see where they are. Then worry anything about WR yardage.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Right there with ya on that one. I think soo many people are making waaay to big of a deal with this Bowe thing. I mean just tryna get something started IMHO. Their team is 3-0 with tons of games, left and trust me when i say not every team is gonna be able to double him constantly. And the no 1 reason above all. Its Smith and Co's first year in the offense. I say wait till this season finishes, lets see where they are. Then worry anything about WR yardage.

They're already better than they were last year. Actually looking pretty strong.

Right there with ya on that one. I think soo many people are making waaay to big of a deal with this Bowe thing.

Absolutely. They must find some negative angles to pursue, I suppose. Bowe has grown up more and knows the importance of team success vs personal stats.

Aside from this? Bowe, at 28 yrs old, just received his last huge payday ... so he's not playing for a contract, that part is done.
5 years $57.8 million with 20 million in full guarantees and $38 million in the first three years. http://overthecap.com/dwayne-bowe-cashes-in/

Bowe will be happy to pursue the playoffs. His smart enough to understand that his presence alone helps the team regardless of targets, and that Alex rightly won't force throws just because he is Bowe.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by susweel:
He dont even know whats in store for him. Alex = RIP WRs stats

lol He better learn how to play TE.

no more than 4 wins

daniel better be ready

Please put your money where your mouth is on this. I have a fifty ready to make this bet.

LOL
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by KegBert:
oh it's because we can have a number one overall pick if you root for all 31 teams to do really good.(better than the 9ers) i was joking

Nobody wants all the other teams to do better than the niners. I want to the chiefs to go 8-8, no more no less, so we get our 2nd round pick. Any niner fan that wishes them to win more or less than that do not have the best interests of the team in mind.

5-11 Last in the AFCW

Anything can happen, but considering that the Raiders are in complete rebuilding mode, difficult to believe.
Oak might just win a few more since there isn;t any pressure for them to win

bump
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Strong run game, solid Oline and a go to target.. Sound familiar? Alex gonna put up some Ws for da chiefs .. Book it

hmmmm?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Yeah, should be seeing lots of PA, pistol offense, and also have more 2 TE packages. Even if Reid wants more passing, as his history suggests, I think it would be roughly 30 passes per game and a lean towards the short/intermediate game with screens and lots of TE love. Alex was getting better with hitting the WRs outside too, so Bowe, Baldwin, and Avery will get some curls, outs, and definitely slants.

I could always be in for some disappointment... considering a year 1 offense needing to gel quickly.. but this is gonna be a lot of fun watching KC evolve.

And that's just a side-dish to go with 49ers ball!

Where do 30 passes a game come from?

Cant be his 8 year track record...lets wait a bit before we get piss pants excited

Another winner...
He prefers the high percentage passes because our running game allowed for a lot of easy deep balls. But, the difference between him and those other QBs is that they can still perorm at a high level and thread some needles into a defense that is expecting the deep ball when their running game isnt up to par.

Alex must have a run game or he will not play well or play consistent. Hell, he had the best run game in the league and still wasnt consistent.

How about that Chief's running game?
Right there with ya on that one. I think soo many people are making waaay to big of a deal with this Bowe thing.

Absolutely. They must find some negative angles to pursue, I suppose. Bowe has grown up more and knows the importance of team success vs personal stats.

Aside from this? Bowe, at 28 yrs old, just received his last huge payday ... so he's not playing for a contract, that part is done.
5 years $57.8 million with 20 million in full guarantees and $38 million in the first three years. http://overthecap.com/dwayne-bowe-cashes-in/

Bowe will be happy to pursue the playoffs. His smart enough to understand that his presence alone helps the team regardless of targets, and that Alex rightly won't force throws just because he is Bowe.

This completely contradicts all yours and others statements that Smith needs better receivers. Now Bowe, a top receiver needs to deal with it but if Smith doesn't have big numbers, then it is because he doesn't have "big" receivers? My point has always been that it doesn't matter if Smith has the best receivers...it is just not his type of game.

Thank you! As I have always said. Smith is a very good QB, but don't blame his receivers for his limitations. He just doesn't like to throw to the deeper open player if he has a shorter route that is more open.

Thank you.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 21, 2013 at 9:01 PM ]
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
The Chiefs are not a good team. I don't understand how some here are saying they can win 10 games or win the division. Andy Reid is a good coach but he hasn't displayed that good coaching ability for quite some time now. It's not going to be a walk in the park. MANY things will have to go right in order for the Chiefs to have a winning season.

I wish he was here for me to gloat over this one...
This completely contradicts all yours and others statements that Smith needs better receivers. Now Bowe, a top receiver needs to deal with it but if Smith doesn't have big numbers, then it is because he doesn't have "big" receivers? My point has always been that it doesn't matter if Smith has the best receivers...it is just not his type of game.

Thank you! As I have always said. Smith is a very good QB, but don't blame his receivers for his limitations. He just doesn't like to throw to the deeper open player if he has a shorter route that is more open.

Thank you.

Avery says Hi.

Thank you.

Avery says Hi.

Avery says under ten yards, I got you, Alex.

You just don't get it. Alex is a good QB, but don't say he will put up big numbers if he had better receivers. He won't. That's not how he plays. He is a good QB but he will struggle if he is down by more than 7 because his game is not to score a lot of points on a consistent basis. He must have the players around him play well for him to pay well.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 21, 2013 at 9:08 PM ]
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
The Chiefs are not a good team. I don't understand how some here are saying they can win 10 games or win the division. Andy Reid is a good coach but he hasn't displayed that good coaching ability for quite some time now. It's not going to be a walk in the park. MANY things will have to go right in order for the Chiefs to have a winning season.

I wish he was here for me to gloat over this one...

He finally got banned? I bet he is "AliceSmith" on Chiefsplanet...