There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
They have a Houston feeling to them. Jack of all trades master of none. They'll either get out bullied by a better defensive team or outscored by a better offensive team.

I think that is a accurate comparison.

It's pretty impressive that we're already comparing them to a team like Houston, they were 2-14 last year, whereas the Texans were 12-4.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
The sheer fact that AJ has 1 reception makes Alex top 2 QB's in the league.

What they say about elite qb making his receivers better

LOL! I like that!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Queefs over Niners in SB......
Anymore doubt that Alex is powering the Chiefs? 3-0
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
As long as the Chefs win 9 games or better I could care less about AS.

Why 9 games or better?
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
They have a Houston feeling to them. Jack of all trades master of none. They'll either get out bullied by a better defensive team or outscored by a better offensive team.

I think that is a accurate comparison.

It's pretty impressive that we're already comparing them to a team like Houston, they were 2-14 last year, whereas the Texans were 12-4.

KC is nothing like HOU. HOU is a high octane offense. KC is a frustrate your ass offense just like SF was two years ago. KCa defense is much better than HOU. One team is sound, the other team can't score enough which is why they get into trouble.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Just to put Alex Smith's performance into perspective, here is a non-biased analysis of his play through 3 weeks from Rotoworld:

Smith threw for no touchdowns or interceptions, in large part because he appeared leery of making any throw at all. Smith attempted only a handful of passes beyond the sticks, and counted on Donnie Avery and Jamaal Charles doing work after the catch to rack up "his" yardage. It was a comically conservative performance, but Smith achieved his desired goal: No turnovers in a game where the Eagles coughed the ball up five times. Smith's play hasn't been easy on the eyes this season, but he's helped guide the Chiefs to a 3-0 record in the safest possible fashion. As weak-armed as ever and allergic to risk, Smith is a low-end QB2 for fantasy purposes.

Not bashing Smith, we all know this is his style. But I was greatly bothered by how many fans were bashing Kap and loving Smith.

Sounds like a fantasy football write up....

yep
Originally posted by Joecool:
In all honesty, BUT, the biggest difference is that Alex does have a weakness and that is not throwing to the open but small window WR. I don't know why teams don't just man the WRs and focus on the check downs against Smith. I would CB all day and cover the outlets.
The main thing it is working right now for him so I am jumping for Joy because he is applying the true West Coast of the pass being an extension of the run. He has also played against some very undisciplined teams so far.

Either your opinion of Alex is wrong or you are smarter than some nfl DCs and you should try to apply for a job immediately.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
In all honesty, BUT, the biggest difference is that Alex does have a weakness and that is not throwing to the open but small window WR. I don't know why teams don't just man the WRs and focus on the check downs against Smith. I would CB all day and cover the outlets.
The main thing it is working right now for him so I am jumping for Joy because he is applying the true West Coast of the pass being an extension of the run. He has also played against some very undisciplined teams so far.

Either your opinion of Alex is wrong or you are smarter than some nfl DCs and you should try to apply for a job immediately.

Now be nice!...I remember he was right about JTO...

.... until the second game of that season
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
As long as the Chefs win 9 games or better I could care less about AS.

So you're saying there is another level of care beneath the level you're current at...?
Originally posted by Jakemall:

lol
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Sounds like a fantasy football write up....

Originally posted by socalniner:
Of course fantasy people gonna hate on Smith. Ask any Chief fan what they think. I would love for Kap to have been more conservative especially in the redzone

Originally posted by socalniner:
Of course fantasy people gonna hate on Smith. Ask any Chief fan what they think. I would love for Kap to have been more conservative especially in the redzone

Not directing this towards you but fantasy football really shouldn't be how people judge their qbs. No turnovers and 330 yards of rushing and passing is an effective output in any game.

It's a great start from Alex and the Chiefs but I wouldn't jump on their bandwagon until they play some division games. Oakland and San Diego may not be the pushovers people initially thought.

Fantasy football or not, those are REAL limitations to Smith's abilities. There is a reason why people still don't consider Smith to be a Super bowl level QB, and it has nothing to do with fantasy stats. He is limited.

if i owned a football team i would love to have a qb who could accomplish so much while being limited
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

What they say about elite qb making his receivers better

yes he threw aj open for that catch
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Last weekend more check downs would have helped in Seattle

not ever pass to a running back is a check down...the chiefs have been lining up charles wide quite a bit...the one play were smith hit charles near the end of the 1st half vs philly traveled quite a bit in the air....and when philly drops a nose tackle out in the flat to cover charles youd be stupid not to throw it to him
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home