There are 220 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Joecool:
In all honesty, BUT, the biggest difference is that Alex does have a weakness and that is not throwing to the open but small window WR. I don't know why teams don't just man the WRs and focus on the check downs against Smith. I would CB all day and cover the outlets.
The main thing it is working right now for him so I am jumping for Joy because he is applying the true West Coast of the pass being an extension of the run. He has also played against some very undisciplined teams so far.

Either your opinion of Alex is wrong or you are smarter than some nfl DCs and you should try to apply for a job immediately.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
In all honesty, BUT, the biggest difference is that Alex does have a weakness and that is not throwing to the open but small window WR. I don't know why teams don't just man the WRs and focus on the check downs against Smith. I would CB all day and cover the outlets.
The main thing it is working right now for him so I am jumping for Joy because he is applying the true West Coast of the pass being an extension of the run. He has also played against some very undisciplined teams so far.

Either your opinion of Alex is wrong or you are smarter than some nfl DCs and you should try to apply for a job immediately.

Now be nice!...I remember he was right about JTO...

.... until the second game of that season
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
As long as the Chefs win 9 games or better I could care less about AS.

So you're saying there is another level of care beneath the level you're current at...?
Originally posted by Jakemall:

lol
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Sounds like a fantasy football write up....

Originally posted by socalniner:
Of course fantasy people gonna hate on Smith. Ask any Chief fan what they think. I would love for Kap to have been more conservative especially in the redzone

Originally posted by socalniner:
Of course fantasy people gonna hate on Smith. Ask any Chief fan what they think. I would love for Kap to have been more conservative especially in the redzone

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Not directing this towards you but fantasy football really shouldn't be how people judge their qbs. No turnovers and 330 yards of rushing and passing is an effective output in any game.

It's a great start from Alex and the Chiefs but I wouldn't jump on their bandwagon until they play some division games. Oakland and San Diego may not be the pushovers people initially thought.

Fantasy football or not, those are REAL limitations to Smith's abilities. There is a reason why people still don't consider Smith to be a Super bowl level QB, and it has nothing to do with fantasy stats. He is limited.

if i owned a football team i would love to have a qb who could accomplish so much while being limited
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
The sheer fact that AJ has 1 reception makes Alex top 2 QB's in the league.

What they say about elite qb making his receivers better

yes he threw aj open for that catch
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Last weekend more check downs would have helped in Seattle

not ever pass to a running back is a check down...the chiefs have been lining up charles wide quite a bit...the one play were smith hit charles near the end of the 1st half vs philly traveled quite a bit in the air....and when philly drops a nose tackle out in the flat to cover charles youd be stupid not to throw it to him
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
If Alex takes the Chiefs to a 13-3 record like he did with the 49ers would you consider him an MVP candidate? Even if he plays like he has the rest of the season? Talked about this on the radio and made me think a bit.

Just a what if, not saying he will at all. Right now I think Chiefs could either flop horribly or they could be pretty good. Still up in the air on Alex, no secret but I think he needs to start pressing a little bit more. Thinking he just may any game now. Once defenses try to take the short game away, I could see him surprising some defenses. If not, I think the Chiefs will be around .500 give or take a game.

Probably be in the running for comeback player but not MVP. If P Manning continues to play on his current level he won't be challenged. But Vick has thrown for the most yards so far this year and some would say that's more important than QBR or wins!
KC is nothing like HOU. HOU is a high octane offense. KC is a frustrate your ass offense just like SF was two years ago. KCa defense is much better than HOU. One team is sound, the other team can't score enough which is why they get into trouble.

I agree that their offenses are not much alike. Houston has some real scary weapons in the pass game. KC? not so much, no.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
KC is nothing like HOU. HOU is a high octane offense. KC is a frustrate your ass offense just like SF was two years ago. KCa defense is much better than HOU. One team is sound, the other team can't score enough which is why they get into trouble.

I agree that their offenses are not much alike. Houston has some real scary weapons in the pass game. KC? not so much, no.

Bowe is a beast

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Bowe is a beast

Eh... Not seeing it. I know he has been getting bracketed coverage for the most part, so that can help others get open.. but I am not sure he's all that special. Good solid player, but certainly isn't on the level of Andre Johnson, and I would easily take DeAndre Hopkins as my #2 over any other KC receiver. Add in Owen Daniels as better than what Fasano has left. Pkus, those guys (minus the rookie) and QB have been working together for a while in the same system. People underestimate how advantageous that can be.

Houston has one of the better defenses in football. Way too early to say KC has a better defense. Houston's high powered passing attack has been somewhat grounded for a few years now too. Once they got a defense and rushing attack Schaub's numbers went down. They have Andre but that's it and Schaub's just not an elite qb. I'd take Avery and Bowe over what Houston has any day of the week. Well I guess that might change with Hompkins though.

I agree it's not a perfect comparison I'm just stating they're good everywhere but not special anywhere like a team like Houston.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 21, 2013 at 8:28 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Eh... Not seeing it. I know he has been getting bracketed coverage for the most part, so that can help others get open.. but I am not sure he's all that special. Good solid player, but certainly isn't on the level of Andre Johnson, and I would easily take DeAndre Hopkins as my #2 over any other KC receiver. Add in Owen Daniels as better than what Fasano has left. Pkus, those guys (minus the rookie) and QB have been working together for a while in the same system. People underestimate how advantageous that can be.

With Alex Smith at QB, You will win game, but not put up big offensive numbers so while Bowe is an elite receiver he might not even get 1000 yards this season.

Thanks Mac! Tried to find this earlier but it's another skill yet to learn!
Share 49ersWebzone