There are 218 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Method:
I find it really funny that people are like "Did Alex cause all 5 of Philly's turnovers?" and of course he didn't. But the thing is, the guy hasn't had one turnover all year, and that's huge. If Kap didn't have any turnovers against Seattle, we win. Period. I hope he realizes when his d is playing that great, he needs to just convert first downs and keep the ball for a while sometimes. Going for the big play is great but ToP is huge on the road, like we saw last night.

You don't win many games scoring 6 points so no you can't say we win period. Did those three turnovers cost us the game, yes, but there's no denying we got outplayed on offense and defense. They ran, passed, ran defend, pass defend better than us in addition to playing smarter football.

This is not about our game vs. Seattle. This is about the chiefs and how many games they will (possibly) win this year.

Originally posted by kidash98:
This is not about our game vs. Seattle. This is about the chiefs and how many games they will (possibly) win this year.

You should take that up with the people referencing our games as well.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM ]

You should take that up with the people referencing our games as well.

The post, although it was you I quoted, was not directed your way alone.

It's for everyone in this thread.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
5 more games to go!!!!!

And by the looks of it, KC seems to be a very underrated team.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Excellent 2 minute vid of the KC locker-room celebration.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Locker-Room-Celebration-After-Week-3-Victory/1cba7133-61ef-4af8-8cdb-e7fb2056c05d

Very nice!

As for visiting other forums...no thanks!
Just to put Alex Smith's performance into perspective, here is a non-biased analysis of his play through 3 weeks from Rotoworld:

Smith threw for no touchdowns or interceptions, in large part because he appeared leery of making any throw at all. Smith attempted only a handful of passes beyond the sticks, and counted on Donnie Avery and Jamaal Charles doing work after the catch to rack up "his" yardage. It was a comically conservative performance, but Smith achieved his desired goal: No turnovers in a game where the Eagles coughed the ball up five times. Smith's play hasn't been easy on the eyes this season, but he's helped guide the Chiefs to a 3-0 record in the safest possible fashion. As weak-armed as ever and allergic to risk, Smith is a low-end QB2 for fantasy purposes.

Not bashing Smith, we all know this is his style. But I was greatly bothered by how many fans were bashing Kap and loving Smith.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Just to put Alex Smith's performance into perspective, here is a non-biased analysis of his play through 3 weeks from Rotoworld:

Smith threw for no touchdowns or interceptions, in large part because he appeared leery of making any throw at all. Smith attempted only a handful of passes beyond the sticks, and counted on Donnie Avery and Jamaal Charles doing work after the catch to rack up "his" yardage. It was a comically conservative performance, but Smith achieved his desired goal: No turnovers in a game where the Eagles coughed the ball up five times. Smith's play hasn't been easy on the eyes this season, but he's helped guide the Chiefs to a 3-0 record in the safest possible fashion. As weak-armed as ever and allergic to risk, Smith is a low-end QB2 for fantasy purposes.

Not bashing Smith, we all know this is his style. But I was greatly bothered by how many fans were bashing Kap and loving Smith.

Sounds like a fantasy football write up....

Of course fantasy people gonna hate on Smith. Ask any Chief fan what they think. I would love for Kap to have been more conservative especially in the redzone

Not directing this towards you but fantasy football really shouldn't be how people judge their qbs. No turnovers and 330 yards of rushing and passing is an effective output in any game.

It's a great start from Alex and the Chiefs but I wouldn't jump on their bandwagon until they play some division games. Oakland and San Diego may not be the pushovers people initially thought.
i have no doubt that in today's fantasy football obsessed world, people would hate on Joe Montanna. No, thats not meant to compare Alex to Montanna. Yes, its a commentary on the sad state of affairs of so called "analysis".

Its about wins and losses, dude has been winning for 3 years now, he's been playing winning football for longer but well-- Singletary.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Sounds like a fantasy football write up....

Originally posted by socalniner:
Of course fantasy people gonna hate on Smith. Ask any Chief fan what they think. I would love for Kap to have been more conservative especially in the redzone

Originally posted by socalniner:

Not directing this towards you but fantasy football really shouldn't be how people judge their qbs. No turnovers and 330 yards of rushing and passing is an effective output in any game.

It's a great start from Alex and the Chiefs but I wouldn't jump on their bandwagon until they play some division games. Oakland and San Diego may not be the pushovers people initially thought.

Fantasy football or not, those are REAL limitations to Smith's abilities. There is a reason why people still don't consider Smith to be a Super bowl level QB, and it has nothing to do with fantasy stats. He is limited.
Forgot who said it on the NFL Network right after the game, nor do I remember it word for word, but they said that ASmith is not the type of QB that will thrill you with his play, not the type of QB that will throw for multiple TD's and 300-400 yards but you can't discount the fact that he wins games.

Granted, winning games is a team accomplishment, but they hit it on the nail with that comment.

Fantasy football or not, those are REAL limitations to Smith's abilities. There is a reason why people still don't consider Smith to be a Super bowl level QB, and it has nothing to do with fantasy stats. He is limited.

He was a game away from taking our team to a SB (KW fumbles).

He was winning games for us when he got replaced.

May he be limited, he is doing enough to win games.

Also,

Forgot who said it on the NFL Network right after the game, nor do I remember it word for word, but they said that ASmith is not the type of QB that will thrill you with his play, not the type of QB that will throw for multiple TD's and 300-400 yards but you can't discount the fact that he wins games.

Granted, winning games is a team accomplishment, but they hit it on the nail with that comment.

Again, my criticism of Smith has nothing to do with fantasy numbers. He is limited as a passer and is ultra-conservative. He's proven that this style can win games, but I'm not convinced he can reel off 3 or 4 consecutive playoff wins to win you the big game.

Again, my criticism of Smith has nothing to do with fantasy numbers. He is limited as a passer and is ultra-conservative. He's proven that this style can win games, but I'm not convinced he can reel off 3 or 4 consecutive playoff wins to win you the big game.

It's okay for you to be not convinced as long as those who is paying him are.

And if he keeps winning, even better for us (at least this year re the Draft pick).