LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I would hope some are not holding back their true feelings regarding Alex.

its ok to say that the only reason you are "rooting" for Alex is for us to get a higher pick....but I won't shy away and say that i'm rooting for Alex and Chiefs just because Alex and the Chiefs.

when Alex threw his first TD, my arms went up and I got excited....and again I don't think its because of the whole 8 game win thing, but i would think that most here have been cheering Alex TDs on Sundays for nearly 8 years now (while sure critiquing along the way)....so it would be a natural reaction to cheer again when he scores....well at least until more time passes from him not being on our team.

if its ALL about our draft picks...then the right approach would be to root like crazy till 8 wins....then unfortunately.. root like crazy they lose the rest of their games..lol. so that the pick is still in the middle of the 2nd and not basically a high 3rd.

but that would invest to much weird confusing emotion so I'm just going to root for them to win their games... I don't like the Broncos, so it would be nice to have the Chiefs throwing a wrench into the NFL's wishes.

I sure hope Afrikan isn't holding back his true feelings about being a full on Chiefs fan.

Actually I used to F'n HATE to watch Chief games... might sound weird, but their boring play (mostly because of their QBs) and their uniforms..I used to just hate when the local CBS would have to show a Chiefs game, because the local Raider game was blacked out.

but they have been fun to watch these past few years.....it was great to see them stop the Packers undefeated record that one year...when Rodgers was unstoppable.
As long as the Chefs win 9 games or better I could care less about AS.
Originally posted by BowlBound49:
Congrats to Alex and the Chiefs for a job well done up to this point. However I would like to see the same enthusiasm and activity from the same posters who frequently follow this thread do the same in the Kaep thread when he performs well. I've been following the Webzone for a month now and it just seems there is more interest in what the Chiefs are doing than our own team especially with our own QB.

lol We're a bunch of cheaters in this thread. Kaep cheated on us with his Dolphins cap. We are returning the favor by talking about KC and Alex Smiff.

Does Kaep need special emotional reinforcement from us after having such a s**tty game...? I don't think so. He'll bounce back in a good way.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Again, my criticism of Smith has nothing to do with fantasy numbers. He is limited as a passer and is ultra-conservative. He's proven that this style can win games, but I'm not convinced he can reel off 3 or 4 consecutive playoff wins to win you the big game.

I tend to be pro Smith and pro Kaepernick, and neither has proven they can rattle off three or four consecutive wins in the playoffs. Until they do they will be considered less than Brady, Mannings, Brees or Rodgers. Kaepernick is on the better team and has better physical skills, but Smith has a toughness that I really like.

Both are totally dependent on their supporting cast in order to win and win big so it will be interesting to see how things go. So many ifs in the game of football! Would Smith have played better in the super bowl? Or did Kaepernick and his ability to run get more out of the position than is reasonable to expect? Baltimore killed Smith so it might have taught him something or they may have killed him again.

Following both teams and rooting for both QBs is going to be fun this year! As for the Chiefs...I think nine wins is likely, more would be a hoot!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 20, 2013 at 7:22 PM ]
  • Jiks
If Alex takes the Chiefs to a 13-3 record like he did with the 49ers would you consider him an MVP candidate? Even if he plays like he has the rest of the season? Talked about this on the radio and made me think a bit.

Just a what if, not saying he will at all. Right now I think Chiefs could either flop horribly or they could be pretty good. Still up in the air on Alex, no secret but I think he needs to start pressing a little bit more. Thinking he just may any game now. Once defenses try to take the short game away, I could see him surprising some defenses. If not, I think the Chiefs will be around .500 give or take a game.
Ed Podolak rules.
  • Jiks
The sheer fact that AJ has 1 reception makes Alex top 2 QB's in the league.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
They have a Houston feeling to them. Jack of all trades master of none. They'll either get out bullied by a better defensive team or outscored by a better offensive team.

I think that is a accurate comparison.

It's pretty impressive that we're already comparing them to a team like Houston, they were 2-14 last year, whereas the Texans were 12-4.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

What they say about elite qb making his receivers better
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

LOL! I like that!

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Queefs over Niners in SB......
Anymore doubt that Alex is powering the Chiefs? 3-0
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
As long as the Chefs win 9 games or better I could care less about AS.

Why 9 games or better?
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
They have a Houston feeling to them. Jack of all trades master of none. They'll either get out bullied by a better defensive team or outscored by a better offensive team.

I think that is a accurate comparison.

It's pretty impressive that we're already comparing them to a team like Houston, they were 2-14 last year, whereas the Texans were 12-4.

KC is nothing like HOU. HOU is a high octane offense. KC is a frustrate your ass offense just like SF was two years ago. KCa defense is much better than HOU. One team is sound, the other team can't score enough which is why they get into trouble.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Just to put Alex Smith's performance into perspective, here is a non-biased analysis of his play through 3 weeks from Rotoworld:

Smith threw for no touchdowns or interceptions, in large part because he appeared leery of making any throw at all. Smith attempted only a handful of passes beyond the sticks, and counted on Donnie Avery and Jamaal Charles doing work after the catch to rack up "his" yardage. It was a comically conservative performance, but Smith achieved his desired goal: No turnovers in a game where the Eagles coughed the ball up five times. Smith's play hasn't been easy on the eyes this season, but he's helped guide the Chiefs to a 3-0 record in the safest possible fashion. As weak-armed as ever and allergic to risk, Smith is a low-end QB2 for fantasy purposes.

Not bashing Smith, we all know this is his style. But I was greatly bothered by how many fans were bashing Kap and loving Smith.

Sounds like a fantasy football write up....

yep
Share 49ersWebzone