Originally posted by qnnhan7:
KC already at a league high +9 in turnovers

Gabert, Romo and Vick the elitness of QB mistakery
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
I just love how Alex's success pisses the haters off

same, he is their savior
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Only one thing needs to be said. On offense, they only had one key change and that was QB. You can say they also switched coaches, but I think the change in QB is a bigger difference.

As for which team has a better defense. How many defensive probowlers did KC have and how many did we have? The defenses are actually comparable but not even the best defenses can overcome the amount of turnovers they had last year.
We agree. That defense had the same players last season but the QB kept giving the ball away. When they kept the ball, Charles gained 1,500 yards but much of that was negated by terrible QB play.

Now the defense is still doing a great job and Charles is having another good year, and the QB has not turned it over once. Moreover, as witnessed last night in the 4th quarter, when the team needed a long drive to win the game, Alex Smith delivered it...and he did it with some clutch throws down the field. I was particularly impressed with how he used a 3rd string TE and a backup RB for critical 3rd down conversions. On one of those throws, they showed his eyes going back and forth across the field until he found the open receiver. Good stuff.

Another comment from one of the talking heads last night was that Andy Reid has told Alex Smith to take whatever he sees out there. No training wheels. I don't recall the specific wording but the comment included the intimation that Jim Harbaugh had put restrictions on Smith in where he should try to go with the ball. Those restrictions no longer exist in KC.

With all the negative stuff coming out of Niner land today, it is nice to be able to come over here and have a positive conversation.

That, that pass to the bearded TE was good execution. Why do I think Alex actually got a lot of time to pass yesterday. As for training wheels. I don't think Jim had training wheels on Alex, I do think Jim or Roman didnt want to see Alex passing up open looks downfield whereas Andy is happy with any 5 yard gain which makes Alex comfortable to do whatever he wants, which is that he wants to check down most of the time.
Originally posted by dj43:
Only one thing needs to be said. On offense, they only had one key change and that was QB. You can say they also switched coaches, but I think the change in QB is a bigger difference.

As for which team has a better defense. How many defensive probowlers did KC have and how many did we have? The defenses are actually comparable but not even the best defenses can overcome the amount of turnovers they had last year.
We agree. That defense had the same players last season but the QB kept giving the ball away. When they kept the ball, Charles gained 1,500 yards but much of that was negated by terrible QB play.

Now the defense is still doing a great job and Charles is having another good year, and the QB has not turned it over once. Moreover, as witnessed last night in the 4th quarter, when the team needed a long drive to win the game, Alex Smith delivered it...and he did it with some clutch throws down the field. I was particularly impressed with how he used a 3rd string TE and a backup RB for critical 3rd down conversions. On one of those throws, they showed his eyes going back and forth across the field until he found the open receiver. Good stuff.

Another comment from one of the talking heads last night was that Andy Reid has told Alex Smith to take whatever he sees out there. No training wheels. I don't recall the specific wording but the comment included the intimation that Jim Harbaugh had put restrictions on Smith in where he should try to go with the ball. Those restrictions no longer exist in KC.

With all the negative stuff coming out of Niner land today, it is nice to be able to come over here and have a positive conversation.

That, that pass to the bearded TE was good execution. Why do I think Alex actually got a lot of time to pass yesterday. As for training wheels. I don't think Jim had training wheels on Alex, I do think Jim or Roman didnt want to see Alex passing up open looks downfield whereas Andy is happy with any 5 yard gain which makes Alex comfortable to do whatever he wants, which is that he wants to check down most of the time.
you know i dont know about the check down most of the time. i think its more of, what player do i have the most trust with, and i feel that will fight for the ball. Remember when they had the comparison on Davis Morgan and Crabs. He only had the problem with Crabs, which if when u go back, you'll see that his INT ratio was the biggest with him. And VD he trusted 150 percent, meaning many of those long plays and deep throws,, and bombs were to Davis. Then i really feel that last year before he had the concussion, that Crabs was starting to be the go to guy for him.

So while many call him captain checkdown still, lol. I think as they said it a few times last night. Alex is not gonna throw the ball into double and triple coverage, he just doesnt make mistakes with the football. then u see him thread that laser from the endzone with that first down conversion in the 4th quarter. so i think its more of take what the defense gives u then take your shots if they are needed.
Originally posted by Method:
I find it really funny that people are like "Did Alex cause all 5 of Philly's turnovers?" and of course he didn't. But the thing is, the guy hasn't had one turnover all year, and that's huge. If Kap didn't have any turnovers against Seattle, we win. Period. I hope he realizes when his d is playing that great, he needs to just convert first downs and keep the ball for a while sometimes. Going for the big play is great but ToP is huge on the road, like we saw last night.

You don't win many games scoring 6 points so no you can't say we win period. Did those three turnovers cost us the game, yes, but there's no denying we got outplayed on offense and defense. They ran, passed, ran defend, pass defend better than us in addition to playing smarter football.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Method:
I find it really funny that people are like "Did Alex cause all 5 of Philly's turnovers?" and of course he didn't. But the thing is, the guy hasn't had one turnover all year, and that's huge. If Kap didn't have any turnovers against Seattle, we win. Period. I hope he realizes when his d is playing that great, he needs to just convert first downs and keep the ball for a while sometimes. Going for the big play is great but ToP is huge on the road, like we saw last night.

You don't win many games scoring 6 points so no you can't say we win period. Did those three turnovers cost us the game, yes, but there's no denying we got outplayed on offense and defense. They ran, passed, ran defend, pass defend better than us in addition to playing smarter football.

This is not about our game vs. Seattle. This is about the chiefs and how many games they will (possibly) win this year.

Originally posted by kidash98:
This is not about our game vs. Seattle. This is about the chiefs and how many games they will (possibly) win this year.

You should take that up with the people referencing our games as well.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by kidash98:

You should take that up with the people referencing our games as well.

The post, although it was you I quoted, was not directed your way alone.

It's for everyone in this thread.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
5 more games to go!!!!!

And by the looks of it, KC seems to be a very underrated team.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Excellent 2 minute vid of the KC locker-room celebration.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Locker-Room-Celebration-After-Week-3-Victory/1cba7133-61ef-4af8-8cdb-e7fb2056c05d

Very nice!

As for visiting other forums...no thanks!
Just to put Alex Smith's performance into perspective, here is a non-biased analysis of his play through 3 weeks from Rotoworld:

Smith threw for no touchdowns or interceptions, in large part because he appeared leery of making any throw at all. Smith attempted only a handful of passes beyond the sticks, and counted on Donnie Avery and Jamaal Charles doing work after the catch to rack up "his" yardage. It was a comically conservative performance, but Smith achieved his desired goal: No turnovers in a game where the Eagles coughed the ball up five times. Smith's play hasn't been easy on the eyes this season, but he's helped guide the Chiefs to a 3-0 record in the safest possible fashion. As weak-armed as ever and allergic to risk, Smith is a low-end QB2 for fantasy purposes.

Not bashing Smith, we all know this is his style. But I was greatly bothered by how many fans were bashing Kap and loving Smith.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Just to put Alex Smith's performance into perspective, here is a non-biased analysis of his play through 3 weeks from Rotoworld:

Smith threw for no touchdowns or interceptions, in large part because he appeared leery of making any throw at all. Smith attempted only a handful of passes beyond the sticks, and counted on Donnie Avery and Jamaal Charles doing work after the catch to rack up "his" yardage. It was a comically conservative performance, but Smith achieved his desired goal: No turnovers in a game where the Eagles coughed the ball up five times. Smith's play hasn't been easy on the eyes this season, but he's helped guide the Chiefs to a 3-0 record in the safest possible fashion. As weak-armed as ever and allergic to risk, Smith is a low-end QB2 for fantasy purposes.

Not bashing Smith, we all know this is his style. But I was greatly bothered by how many fans were bashing Kap and loving Smith.

Sounds like a fantasy football write up....
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Of course fantasy people gonna hate on Smith. Ask any Chief fan what they think. I would love for Kap to have been more conservative especially in the redzone
Share 49ersWebzone