There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
There are a number of rather identifiable anti-Alex guys from past WZ days on Chiefs Planet. It is just funny to see how their ego is attached to their dislike for Smith. A lot of legit Chiefs fans have them figured out.

and those people deserve everything they get from the chiefs fans. so we really have fans that are that juvenile and petty with so much time on their hands they have to do that crap?
Originally posted by cciowa:
and those people deserve everything they get from the chiefs fans. so we really have fans that are that juvenile and petty with so much time on their hands they have to do that crap?

Quite a few. Unfortunately they are not that original with their screen names...AliceSmith being the main culprit. Pretty sure he permanently migrated to ChiefsPlanet after he got banned from here.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
I don't know if this has been discussed yet (this thread is too active to keep up with), but Alex accounted for 306 yards last night... That puts him in company with Peyton Manning vs the Giants (304). Alex also led the team in rushing yards the first two games... So anyone who says he can't carry the game is blind...

Overall, it was an exciting game. the Eagles defense really clamped down. Really thought the Chiefs should have run the ball more... That's going to be Reid's undoing in KC. That city likes to pound the rock. Reid needs rely on his RB... but the way it's looking, Denver gonna take first seed, NE #2, KC #3. And over here, Sea #1, SF #2...

KC number 3 ..really?

Giants will be the first team they played that was over 500 last year..and the NYG giants was just one game over.

first 4 teams they played didn't make the playoffs and make ton of mistakes.

don't start betting your saving just yet...Just be happy they are making less mistakes and winning

Well i don't wanna jump the gun yet, but u do know, that Green Bay's defense wasn't that great either, they were bottom 10 last year, and over two games, are still bottom 10 this year. I mean yes we beat them, which is no easy feat, but we have to put that into perspective too.

So if we take our beloved 9ers, we beat Green Bay with a pourous defense, and we loss to the Seahawks with the top 3 defense. Now the colts are from top 15-25, so lets see how we do against them.
Originally posted by Btics49:
Eagles turned the ball over 4 times and still had a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter. I like how Smith makes few mistakes, but 4 tds in 3 games and averaging 223 yards isn't elite numbers. It takes a whole team effort to win with Smith, he can't do it by himself.

Like most quarterbacks.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I don't know if this has been discussed yet (this thread is too active to keep up with), but Alex accounted for 306 yards last night... That puts him in company with Peyton Manning vs the Giants (304). Alex also led the team in rushing yards the first two games... So anyone who says he can't carry the game is blind...

Overall, it was an exciting game. the Eagles defense really clamped down. Really thought the Chiefs should have run the ball more... That's going to be Reid's undoing in KC. That city likes to pound the rock. Reid needs rely on his RB... but the way it's looking, Denver gonna take first seed, NE #2, KC #3. And over here, Sea #1, SF #2...

KC number 3 ..really?

Giants will be the first team they played that was over 500 last year..and the NYG giants was just one game over.

don't start betting your saving just yet...Just be happy they are making less mistakes and winning

Well i don't wanna jump the gun yet, but u do know, that Green Bay's defense wasn't that great either, they were bottom 10 last year, and over two games, are still bottom 10 this year. I mean yes we beat them, which is no easy feat, but we have to put that into perspective too.

So if we take our beloved 9ers, we beat Green Bay with a pourous defense, and we loss to the Seahawks with the top 3 defense. Now the colts are from top 15-25, so lets see how we do against them.

Bottom 10 according to who?

They were ranked 11th last year:

Lg Rank Defense 11 11

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2012.htm
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

KC number 3 ..really?

Lg Rank Defense 11 11

my bad jerry, read the espn stats wrong. u got it right, 11th last year. then i looked for this year so far and got...http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypackers/profile?team=GB

PTS
(24th)
YDS
(30th)
PASS YDS
(31st)
RUSH YDS
(16th)
so i guess bottom half this year then.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

KC number 3 ..really?

Lg Rank Defense 11 11

my bad jerry, read the espn stats wrong. u got it right, 11th last year. then i looked for this year so far and got...http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypackers/profile?team=GB

PTS
(24th)
YDS
(30th)
PASS YDS
(31st)
RUSH YDS
(16th)
so i guess bottom half this year then.

dont forget GB last 3 seasons ending was SB,NFCCG, NFCDG

and Seattle with two playoff years back to back

Then Indy coming off a playoff year

some tough teams there..compared to KC first 3 games

all in all KC will start playing some tough teams..not the greatest but decent enough with a last place schedule
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by hofer36:
maybe you missed the throw from the end zone to avery on 3rd down to continue that 8 minute drive in the 4th quarter after eagles closed to 7...that seemed to be between 3-4 defenders, a tight window in my view

That was a huge, gutsy throw there. Big time play that kept that long drive alive for the win.

the play was great and also shows what i do find to be one of the most legit criticisms re Alex Smith---he will make that throw when he has to, as shown in a number of past games (detroit 2011, new orleans 2011)---i wish he would have the confidence to throw more of them...in a way i think he is alot lot a battered, mistreated dog...he was beaten down so much for every turnover early in his career, that he has become too cautious..on the other hand it is hard to argue against 22-5-1 in your last 28 starts But im sure some will)
[ Edited by hofer36 on Sep 20, 2013 at 11:41 AM ]
Originally posted by socalniner:
Wish we could run the ball like them.

chiefs run game would really take a jump forward if they had a good big/power back who could complement charles
Originally posted by dmax:
Just a few thoughts.....

1. When will we stop with the, its all on one player to help the team win. You have to be strong in at least 2 phases of the game to pull out a win. Smith having a defense that can stop you is no different than what most teams aspire to have first off.

2. Its all the running game, well once again, how many teams are looking for a running back to complement the Qb, even tho they may have a stud at QB. Nothing more evident than the Colts recent pick up. Why, because you have to have a running game too unless your the top 5 elite QB's. Then they too look for a running game.

3. They said it perfectly last night on Thursday night football, "You know we may not like the way Smith plays football, because we like the high octane scoring offenses, but one thing you cant take from the man is he wins games." Nothing else to say there.

4. Can Smith put the team on his back, been proved already. Can he play mistake free, that he can. Can he read a defense and make smart decisions, he can do that too. Can he put the ball in the air when he needs too, he can do that too.

Overall, I mean Smith helps his teams win games, just like Kaep helps us, Luck helps his, Wilson helps his, Manning, Brees, etc. The thing I like about all these Qb's is that they play their style of ball. And when can we agree, this is Smith's style, some may like, some not, but this is him.

Last night, lets not be funny, but the chiefs have a good defense, not great like our niners but good. We expect our niners D to kill opposing offenses, but knock another teams defense if they are playing lights out. If Gore would of killed them in Seattle, and Kaep still had the same game, does that mean that kaep sucks, no. it means that they have a two headed monster to beat you, a RB, and a Good QB. last night, did anybody see how many times Smith converted 3rd downs, to keep that clock moving. that drive in the 4th quarter, starting at the 5, and taking almost 8 minutes off the clock, and ended with 3 points. almost making it impossible for vick and co to come back.

WE will be winning the same way that they chiefs are, good running game, good qb play, and good defensive play. Kaep cant do it all himself, neither can Gore, Special Teams or the defense. And maybe one day we will just know that it takes more than just one phase of the game to get that W. Unless like some say, " a lot just want tons of stats, regardless of the win or loss.

good stuff as usual

Originally posted by cciowa:
There are a number of rather identifiable anti-Alex guys from past WZ days on Chiefs Planet. It is just funny to see how their ego is attached to their dislike for Smith. A lot of legit Chiefs fans have them figured out.

smh
Originally posted by dmax:
Just a few thoughts.....

1. When will we stop with the, its all on one player to help the team win. You have to be strong in at least 2 phases of the game to pull out a win. Smith having a defense that can stop you is no different than what most teams aspire to have first off.

2. Its all the running game, well once again, how many teams are looking for a running back to complement the Qb, even tho they may have a stud at QB. Nothing more evident than the Colts recent pick up. Why, because you have to have a running game too unless your the top 5 elite QB's. Then they too look for a running game.

3. They said it perfectly last night on Thursday night football, "You know we may not like the way Smith plays football, because we like the high octane scoring offenses, but one thing you cant take from the man is he wins games." Nothing else to say there.

4. Can Smith put the team on his back, been proved already. Can he play mistake free, that he can. Can he read a defense and make smart decisions, he can do that too. Can he put the ball in the air when he needs too, he can do that too.

Overall, I mean Smith helps his teams win games, just like Kaep helps us, Luck helps his, Wilson helps his, Manning, Brees, etc. The thing I like about all these Qb's is that they play their style of ball. And when can we agree, this is Smith's style, some may like, some not, but this is him.

Last night, lets not be funny, but the chiefs have a good defense, not great like our niners but good. We expect our niners D to kill opposing offenses, but knock another teams defense if they are playing lights out. If Gore would of killed them in Seattle, and Kaep still had the same game, does that mean that kaep sucks, no. it means that they have a two headed monster to beat you, a RB, and a Good QB. last night, did anybody see how many times Smith converted 3rd downs, to keep that clock moving. that drive in the 4th quarter, starting at the 5, and taking almost 8 minutes off the clock, and ended with 3 points. almost making it impossible for vick and co to come back.

WE will be winning the same way that they chiefs are, good running game, good qb play, and good defensive play. Kaep cant do it all himself, neither can Gore, Special Teams or the defense. And maybe one day we will just know that it takes more than just one phase of the game to get that W. Unless like some say, " a lot just want tons of stats, regardless of the win or loss.

good stuff as usual

Only one thing needs to be said. One offense, they only had one key change and that was QB. You can say they also switched coaches, but I think the change in QB is a bigger difference.

As for which team has a better defense. How many defensive probowlers did KC have and how many did we have? The defenses are actually comparable but not even the best defenses can overcome the amount of turnovers they had last year.
dont forget GB last 3 seasons ending was SB,NFCCG, NFCDG

and Seattle with two playoff years back to back

Then Indy coming off a playoff year

some tough teams there..compared to KC first 3 games

all in all KC will start playing some tough teams..not the greatest but decent enough with a last place schedule

I have a feeling lightning may strike for KC in terms of season record. Playoff wins...well that's a different story.
KC already at a league high +9 in turnovers
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by Btics49:
Eagles turned the ball over 4 times and still had a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter. I like how Smith makes few mistakes, but 4 tds in 3 games and averaging 223 yards isn't elite numbers. It takes a whole team effort to win with Smith, he can't do it by himself.

this.

lol at some of you guys calling him "elite". elite is Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees. you just are putting him in that company?

Strawman argument. No one said elite. They did say 3-0, though.