LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by socalniner:
Wish we could run the ball like them.

chiefs run game would really take a jump forward if they had a good big/power back who could complement charles
  • dj43
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Just a few thoughts.....

1. When will we stop with the, its all on one player to help the team win. You have to be strong in at least 2 phases of the game to pull out a win. Smith having a defense that can stop you is no different than what most teams aspire to have first off.

2. Its all the running game, well once again, how many teams are looking for a running back to complement the Qb, even tho they may have a stud at QB. Nothing more evident than the Colts recent pick up. Why, because you have to have a running game too unless your the top 5 elite QB's. Then they too look for a running game.

3. They said it perfectly last night on Thursday night football, "You know we may not like the way Smith plays football, because we like the high octane scoring offenses, but one thing you cant take from the man is he wins games." Nothing else to say there.

4. Can Smith put the team on his back, been proved already. Can he play mistake free, that he can. Can he read a defense and make smart decisions, he can do that too. Can he put the ball in the air when he needs too, he can do that too.

Overall, I mean Smith helps his teams win games, just like Kaep helps us, Luck helps his, Wilson helps his, Manning, Brees, etc. The thing I like about all these Qb's is that they play their style of ball. And when can we agree, this is Smith's style, some may like, some not, but this is him.

Last night, lets not be funny, but the chiefs have a good defense, not great like our niners but good. We expect our niners D to kill opposing offenses, but knock another teams defense if they are playing lights out. If Gore would of killed them in Seattle, and Kaep still had the same game, does that mean that kaep sucks, no. it means that they have a two headed monster to beat you, a RB, and a Good QB. last night, did anybody see how many times Smith converted 3rd downs, to keep that clock moving. that drive in the 4th quarter, starting at the 5, and taking almost 8 minutes off the clock, and ended with 3 points. almost making it impossible for vick and co to come back.

WE will be winning the same way that they chiefs are, good running game, good qb play, and good defensive play. Kaep cant do it all himself, neither can Gore, Special Teams or the defense. And maybe one day we will just know that it takes more than just one phase of the game to get that W. Unless like some say, " a lot just want tons of stats, regardless of the win or loss.

good stuff as usual

• dj43
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dj43:
There are a number of rather identifiable anti-Alex guys from past WZ days on Chiefs Planet. It is just funny to see how their ego is attached to their dislike for Smith. A lot of legit Chiefs fans have them figured out.

and those people deserve everything they get from the chiefs fans. so we really have fans that are that juvenile and petty with so much time on their hands they have to do that crap?

smh
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Just a few thoughts.....

1. When will we stop with the, its all on one player to help the team win. You have to be strong in at least 2 phases of the game to pull out a win. Smith having a defense that can stop you is no different than what most teams aspire to have first off.

2. Its all the running game, well once again, how many teams are looking for a running back to complement the Qb, even tho they may have a stud at QB. Nothing more evident than the Colts recent pick up. Why, because you have to have a running game too unless your the top 5 elite QB's. Then they too look for a running game.

3. They said it perfectly last night on Thursday night football, "You know we may not like the way Smith plays football, because we like the high octane scoring offenses, but one thing you cant take from the man is he wins games." Nothing else to say there.

4. Can Smith put the team on his back, been proved already. Can he play mistake free, that he can. Can he read a defense and make smart decisions, he can do that too. Can he put the ball in the air when he needs too, he can do that too.

Overall, I mean Smith helps his teams win games, just like Kaep helps us, Luck helps his, Wilson helps his, Manning, Brees, etc. The thing I like about all these Qb's is that they play their style of ball. And when can we agree, this is Smith's style, some may like, some not, but this is him.

Last night, lets not be funny, but the chiefs have a good defense, not great like our niners but good. We expect our niners D to kill opposing offenses, but knock another teams defense if they are playing lights out. If Gore would of killed them in Seattle, and Kaep still had the same game, does that mean that kaep sucks, no. it means that they have a two headed monster to beat you, a RB, and a Good QB. last night, did anybody see how many times Smith converted 3rd downs, to keep that clock moving. that drive in the 4th quarter, starting at the 5, and taking almost 8 minutes off the clock, and ended with 3 points. almost making it impossible for vick and co to come back.

WE will be winning the same way that they chiefs are, good running game, good qb play, and good defensive play. Kaep cant do it all himself, neither can Gore, Special Teams or the defense. And maybe one day we will just know that it takes more than just one phase of the game to get that W. Unless like some say, " a lot just want tons of stats, regardless of the win or loss.

good stuff as usual

Only one thing needs to be said. One offense, they only had one key change and that was QB. You can say they also switched coaches, but I think the change in QB is a bigger difference.

As for which team has a better defense. How many defensive probowlers did KC have and how many did we have? The defenses are actually comparable but not even the best defenses can overcome the amount of turnovers they had last year.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
dont forget GB last 3 seasons ending was SB,NFCCG, NFCDG

and Seattle with two playoff years back to back

Then Indy coming off a playoff year

some tough teams there..compared to KC first 3 games

all in all KC will start playing some tough teams..not the greatest but decent enough with a last place schedule

I have a feeling lightning may strike for KC in terms of season record. Playoff wins...well that's a different story.
KC already at a league high +9 in turnovers
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by Btics49:
Eagles turned the ball over 4 times and still had a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter. I like how Smith makes few mistakes, but 4 tds in 3 games and averaging 223 yards isn't elite numbers. It takes a whole team effort to win with Smith, he can't do it by himself.

this.

lol at some of you guys calling him "elite". elite is Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees. you just are putting him in that company?

Strawman argument. No one said elite. They did say 3-0, though.
Wow. 3-0 despite Smith! Those Chefs must be a talented team to overcome such suckage. :D
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by socalniner:
Wish we could run the ball like them.

chiefs run game would really take a jump forward if they had a good big/power back who could complement charles

Yeah, Charles couldn't convert a couple of 3rd and short last night. They need A.Dixon or similar. Drive the pile type and have just enough wiggle move to bounce out if necessary. J.Charles needs to take a page from Gore when running inside. Get low like Gore and just drive with the legs. Charles run high sometimes.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 20, 2013 at 1:31 PM ]
When the trade came down, I went over to a Chiefs forum to take part and ad my two cents on Alex Smith. I just got massively slammed over there when I tried to tell them that he was an extremely efficient QB who was just what Reid wanted to run the offense - a guy who wouldn't make mistakes and lose games for them like their last two QB's did. I'm looking forward to going back over there and dishing out a little well-cooked crow to some of those know-it-alls. Smith is still the same QB he has been for the last couple years with the Niners - he doesn't take chances and he doesn't make mistakes. He's very steady and very smart. I'm not sure he's going to get them to the playoffs, but I'm pretty sure the Niners are going to get their 2nd round pick.

• dj43
Originally posted by Joecool:
Only one thing needs to be said. On offense, they only had one key change and that was QB. You can say they also switched coaches, but I think the change in QB is a bigger difference.

As for which team has a better defense. How many defensive probowlers did KC have and how many did we have? The defenses are actually comparable but not even the best defenses can overcome the amount of turnovers they had last year.
We agree. That defense had the same players last season but the QB kept giving the ball away. When they kept the ball, Charles gained 1,500 yards but much of that was negated by terrible QB play.

Now the defense is still doing a great job and Charles is having another good year, and the QB has not turned it over once. Moreover, as witnessed last night in the 4th quarter, when the team needed a long drive to win the game, Alex Smith delivered it...and he did it with some clutch throws down the field. I was particularly impressed with how he used a 3rd string TE and a backup RB for critical 3rd down conversions. On one of those throws, they showed his eyes going back and forth across the field until he found the open receiver. Good stuff.

Another comment from one of the talking heads last night was that Andy Reid has told Alex Smith to take whatever he sees out there. No training wheels. I don't recall the specific wording but the comment included the intimation that Jim Harbaugh had put restrictions on Smith in where he should try to go with the ball. Those restrictions no longer exist in KC.

With all the negative stuff coming out of Niner land today, it is nice to be able to come over here and have a positive conversation.
  • dj43
Originally posted by GNielsen:
When the trade came down, I went over to a Chiefs forum to take part and ad my two cents on Alex Smith. I just got massively slammed over there when I tried to tell them that he was an extremely efficient QB who was just what Reid wanted to run the offense - a guy who wouldn't make mistakes and lose games for them like their last two QB's did. I'm looking forward to going back over there and dishing out a little well-cooked crow to some of those know-it-alls. Smith is still the same QB he has been for the last couple years with the Niners - he doesn't take chances and he doesn't make mistakes. He's very steady and very smart. I'm not sure he's going to get them to the playoffs, but I'm pretty sure the Niners are going to get their 2nd round pick.

I probably saw you over there at some point. I've been there a bit myself. If you are going to serve some crow over there, you better get it going soon as there has already been some served up by some of the local Chiefs fans who are delighted with 3-0.
I probably saw you over there at some point. I've been there a bit myself. If you are going to serve some crow over there, you better get it going soon as there has already been some served up by some of the local Chiefs fans who are delighted with 3-0.

Good. He's doing a great job over there and I'm pretty sure the Niners are going to have two second round picks next draft which is pretty sweet.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Only one thing needs to be said. On offense, they only had one key change and that was QB. You can say they also switched coaches, but I think the change in QB is a bigger difference.

We agree. That defense had the same players last season but the QB kept giving the ball away. When they kept the ball, Charles gained 1,500 yards but much of that was negated by terrible QB play.

Now the defense is still doing a great job and Charles is having another good year, and the QB has not turned it over once. Moreover, as witnessed last night in the 4th quarter, when the team needed a long drive to win the game, Alex Smith delivered it...and he did it with some clutch throws down the field. I was particularly impressed with how he used a 3rd string TE and a backup RB for critical 3rd down conversions. On one of those throws, they showed his eyes going back and forth across the field until he found the open receiver. Good stuff.

Another comment from one of the talking heads last night was that Andy Reid has told Alex Smith to take whatever he sees out there. No training wheels. I don't recall the specific wording but the comment included the intimation that Jim Harbaugh had put restrictions on Smith in where he should try to go with the ball. Those restrictions no longer exist in KC.

With all the negative stuff coming out of Niner land today, it is nice to be able to come over here and have a positive conversation.
I agree.
I watched the Chiefs play at least 4 times last year and it wasn't just lousy QB play. Their play calling sucked as well. Reminded me when Sing was coaching the 9ers.
Ouch!
Glad Alex is doing well and 5 more wins and Oh Happy Draft Day!
Share 49ersWebzone