There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by NCommand:
Alex had a very nice game. On several of those LONG 3rd down completions it looked like they took a page out of our college playbook...have several WR's down field blocking while the ball is in the air to the underneath WR and let him run for RAC for the first. It's almost like a long WR screen. The only issue is we never do it on a crossing route, rather a straight line and Williams gets tackled immediately by Sherman while Boldin and VD are down field blocking (someone forgot to block Sherman first).

Also, stoked for Alex. They could end up with more wins than us if they keep building. They actually reminded me of US...powerful ground game, great blocking down field in the run game, methodical/timely passing, owning the TOP, stout defense, etc. I didn't see too many "misses" by Alex. Philly'd D played very well escept on the 3rd and longs and at the end. But Alex is great in the 2-minute offense and bleeding you to death slowly (9 minute drive at the end to win the game). They did have a gazillion chance though to put the nail in the coffin early. Both Reid and Alex look very happy and refreshed. And eff you Jenkins (nice clutch drop) and Hall...and you too Sopoaga for leaving us! LOL.

It makes me wonder if we'll ever use Baldwin. Clearly, they are trying to get Jenkins in there for some work...

Yeah exactly... it was like the WR clear-outs that we ran in 2011.

I am happy for him too, of course. There were some moments where I could sense that Alex was a bit rattled... but he shook it off in the 2nd half well enough.

The OL was pretty awful in the first half and even into the 3rd. The shotgun playcalls were a bit much... especially on 3rd and shorts... but KC didn't have their #1 or #2 TEs playing last night.

Tough game to watch, but exciting, and always worth it when the result is a W. Good for them.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Sep 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM ]
Originally posted by Btics49:
Eagles turned the ball over 4 times and still had a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter. I like how Smith makes few mistakes, but 4 tds in 3 games and averaging 223 yards isn't elite numbers. It takes a whole team effort to win with Smith, he can't do it by himself.

They were running pretty terribly early on too. I am surprised at how easy JC goes down at times.. and running the ball out of some of those formations just sucked. They need to run JC behind Sherman.
Just a few thoughts.....

1. When will we stop with the, its all on one player to help the team win. You have to be strong in at least 2 phases of the game to pull out a win. Smith having a defense that can stop you is no different than what most teams aspire to have first off.

2. Its all the running game, well once again, how many teams are looking for a running back to complement the Qb, even tho they may have a stud at QB. Nothing more evident than the Colts recent pick up. Why, because you have to have a running game too unless your the top 5 elite QB's. Then they too look for a running game.

3. They said it perfectly last night on Thursday night football, "You know we may not like the way Smith plays football, because we like the high octane scoring offenses, but one thing you cant take from the man is he wins games." Nothing else to say there.

4. Can Smith put the team on his back, been proved already. Can he play mistake free, that he can. Can he read a defense and make smart decisions, he can do that too. Can he put the ball in the air when he needs too, he can do that too.

Overall, I mean Smith helps his teams win games, just like Kaep helps us, Luck helps his, Wilson helps his, Manning, Brees, etc. The thing I like about all these Qb's is that they play their style of ball. And when can we agree, this is Smith's style, some may like, some not, but this is him.

Last night, lets not be funny, but the chiefs have a good defense, not great like our niners but good. We expect our niners D to kill opposing offenses, but knock another teams defense if they are playing lights out. If Gore would of killed them in Seattle, and Kaep still had the same game, does that mean that kaep sucks, no. it means that they have a two headed monster to beat you, a RB, and a Good QB. last night, did anybody see how many times Smith converted 3rd downs, to keep that clock moving. that drive in the 4th quarter, starting at the 5, and taking almost 8 minutes off the clock, and ended with 3 points. almost making it impossible for vick and co to come back.

WE will be winning the same way that they chiefs are, good running game, good qb play, and good defensive play. Kaep cant do it all himself, neither can Gore, Special Teams or the defense. And maybe one day we will just know that it takes more than just one phase of the game to get that W. Unless like some say, " a lot just want tons of stats, regardless of the win or loss.
Chief fans happy?
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Just a few thoughts.....

damn good stuff, Jersey... that's how you roll.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah I think Kaep is better at least on ability and upside and potential. But you have to say to be fair Kaep stepped into one of the best teams in football. A loaded roster with a loaded coaching staff. He wasn't exactly working with a rebuilding project like 2005, 2006, 2007.

Like Aarron rodgers did...Oh my goodness
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Cheifs OL was dominating. Alex had tons of time all day.

What game were u watching lastnite
Alex and the Chiefs looked good last night...that 8 min + drive to kick the FG in the 4th qtr was classic. Charles is an outstanding RB. Alex seems to fit that team like a glove, and he's in very good hands w/Reid. I'm really thrilled for them both...you like to see good players and coaches succeed with a new opportunity. For KC to come in and get a convincing win was magic for Reid...had to be a very happy plane ride home to KC.
5 more. Make it happen Alex.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Just a few thoughts.....

1. When will we stop with the, its all on one player to help the team win. You have to be strong in at least 2 phases of the game to pull out a win. Smith having a defense that can stop you is no different than what most teams aspire to have first off.

2. Its all the running game, well once again, how many teams are looking for a running back to complement the Qb, even tho they may have a stud at QB. Nothing more evident than the Colts recent pick up. Why, because you have to have a running game too unless your the top 5 elite QB's. Then they too look for a running game.

3. They said it perfectly last night on Thursday night football, "You know we may not like the way Smith plays football, because we like the high octane scoring offenses, but one thing you cant take from the man is he wins games." Nothing else to say there.

4. Can Smith put the team on his back, been proved already. Can he play mistake free, that he can. Can he read a defense and make smart decisions, he can do that too. Can he put the ball in the air when he needs too, he can do that too.

Overall, I mean Smith helps his teams win games, just like Kaep helps us, Luck helps his, Wilson helps his, Manning, Brees, etc. The thing I like about all these Qb's is that they play their style of ball. And when can we agree, this is Smith's style, some may like, some not, but this is him.

Last night, lets not be funny, but the chiefs have a good defense, not great like our niners but good. We expect our niners D to kill opposing offenses, but knock another teams defense if they are playing lights out. If Gore would of killed them in Seattle, and Kaep still had the same game, does that mean that kaep sucks, no. it means that they have a two headed monster to beat you, a RB, and a Good QB. last night, did anybody see how many times Smith converted 3rd downs, to keep that clock moving. that drive in the 4th quarter, starting at the 5, and taking almost 8 minutes off the clock, and ended with 3 points. almost making it impossible for vick and co to come back.

WE will be winning the same way that they chiefs are, good running game, good qb play, and good defensive play. Kaep cant do it all himself, neither can Gore, Special Teams or the defense. And maybe one day we will just know that it takes more than just one phase of the game to get that W. Unless like some say, " a lot just want tons of stats, regardless of the win or loss.

good stuff as usual
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Chief fans happy?

of course they are,. with that trainwreck they had at qb last year with a bushel of turnovers, you would be happy to. and that second draft pick for us is starting to look good, unless the niners spend it on a fullback
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Alex and the Chiefs looked good last night...that 8 min + drive to kick the FG in the 4th qtr was classic. Charles is an outstanding RB. Alex seems to fit that team like a glove, and he's in very good hands w/Reid. I'm really thrilled for them both...you like to see good players and coaches succeed with a new opportunity. For KC to come in and get a convincing win was magic for Reid...had to be a very happy plane ride home to KC.

a good running game is always the best friend for a quarterback. some offensive lines in the nfl have not understood that so far this year
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Just a few thoughts.....

damn good stuff, Jersey... that's how you roll.

Props!!! The correct way to quote a long post.

I find it really funny that people are like "Did Alex cause all 5 of Philly's turnovers?" and of course he didn't. But the thing is, the guy hasn't had one turnover all year, and that's huge. If Kap didn't have any turnovers against Seattle, we win. Period. I hope he realizes when his d is playing that great, he needs to just convert first downs and keep the ball for a while sometimes. Going for the big play is great but ToP is huge on the road, like we saw last night.
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course they are,. with that trainwreck they had at qb last year with a bushel of turnovers, you would be happy to. and that second draft pick for us is starting to look good, unless the niners spend it on a fullback

lol