LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• dj43
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by dj43:
OK. Kaepernick has played a much tougher overall schedule. That is a given. Also, RIGHT NOW, Smith more targets, and more reliable targets than Kaepernick. That has a huge impact on the numbers. Smith is also much more experienced in reading complex defensive schemes than is CK. Further, I place a great deal of the blame for the offensive flame out in Seattle on Roman's game plan, specifically his failure to use a short passing game behind the front 7 to draw the Seahawks off the LOS. None of that makes Smith good or bad, or Kaepernick good or bad. It is just that comparing them on a numbers basis at this point in the season misses a lot other important facts.

You really think so? I have found that their targets are less or even to ours in the reliability department. Heck, the Chiefs are top 10 in dropped passes... 49ers are 19th.

Okay, okay... the difference in listed drops is 2...

( Fasano and Charles leading the way with 2 each... and those are supposed to be the more reliable targets.
I like Bowe over Boldin in that he can get more separation although AB's toughness is hard to dispute. I like the way Avery (over Kyle Williams) has been playing. He and Smith have connected on some key plays. Avery is faster than Williams. Dexter McCluster is a handful out of the slot or the backfield. Junior Hemingway had a couple of key catches the first week. Vernon Davis is a unique threat but winds up blocking a lot of the time. I like Fasano in Reid's WCO a lot.

I just don't like the quality or depth of the 49er WRs right now. Boldin is a #3 on a good team, maybe even #4 in Green Bay. That isn't to say there is a wide gap but I do think the Chiefs have an edge. Of course that all changes when Manningham and Crabtree get back but in the meantime...
  • dj43
Originally posted by Joecool:
Totally agree. As for KC vs PHI, I think it is a more interesting matchup than it is a barometer game because I feel KC is just too powerful for an inconsistent PHI team.

The DAL game was the barameter game that confirmed that KC is definitly an 8 win team. KC really doesn't have another one until week 7. Hell, they just may be 6-0 before they play HOU. That game and the DEN game will let us know if KC is a playoff team and a legit SB contendor. A lot of teams on their schedule have turned out to be weaker this year than last or just a good matchup for KC.

Yes indeed. I have heard other detractors state that Dallas is mediocre, but disagree. They have a solid 4-3 defense going on, and that offense is very good when Romo isn't going all J.T. O'Sullivan out there.

Yep, Romo did his usual self-destruct there again. Of course, a lot of that had to do with the pressure KC was putting on him. Until then, Dallas looked pretty good.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 9erempire:

I'm going to hope we picked the right QB or kept Smith and let Kap develop. So far he is not showing a lot of composure just because a stadium is loud.

Let's not go down this road. Harbaugh gambled on a higher future with Kaepernick. Let's leave that for the future. This is about Smith and KC.

If we stay mature about it, it is just fine to discuss the topic. My main question would be, who has played the tougher schedule. One could argue that Kap vs JAX and DAL defense would perform much better than Alex vs GB and SEA defense. Alex is playing solid, but at the same time, KC Offense has not been challenged yet and after playing PHI, they still will not be challenged.

The only scenario I can see KC offense getting challenged vs PHI is if it turns into a scoring race.
OK. Kaepernick has played a much tougher overall schedule. That is a given. Also, RIGHT NOW, Smith more targets, and more reliable targets than Kaepernick. That has a huge impact on the numbers. Smith is also much more experienced in reading complex defensive schemes than is CK. Further, I place a great deal of the blame for the offensive flame out in Seattle on Roman's game plan, specifically his failure to use a short passing game behind the front 7 to draw the Seahawks off the LOS. None of that makes Smith good or bad, or Kaepernick good or bad. It is just that comparing them on a numbers basis at this point in the season misses a lot other important facts.
The AS vs CK7 debate is over. CK7 is the starting qb in SF, end of story. AS is over as a 9er, please go to chief zone to discuss him

Why even be here in this thread if you can't handle READING...yes READING about 2 concurrent team within NFL TALK.

There will be comparison made because a lot of us are 49ers fans, knows a lot about the Niners and the players, when talking about the Chiefs.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by 9erred:
The AS vs CK7 debate is over. CK7 is the starting qb in SF, end of story. AS is over as a 9er, please go to chief zone to discuss him

ummmm, no. AS can be discussed in this thread as long as it's a mature conversation.

I'm going to hope we picked the right QB or kept Smith and let Kap develop. So far he is not showing a lot of composure just because a stadium is loud.

That and he was facing Seattle's number one ranked defense.

Alex pretty much picked up where he left off. Serviceable and winning.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Don't want this turn into Kaep thread, but since we're talking about Kaep sleepless in Seattle . I don't think he was intimidated by the crowd noise at all. We struggled as an offense with running the ball. Couldn't connect with VD or Boldin in a meaningful way. I think Kaep took upon himself to do more. Run more, scramble more to buy more time, look for his receivers more. Trying to do too much because of the suffocating defense. Ended up making more turnovers than usual.

I've seen the same thing before with Steve Young playing the New Orleans defense in the Dome, the one with all their LBs in the Probowl.

Kaep will be alright and should bounce back. In the mean time, someone on the team should step up on the receiving side to help out Kaep the next time we meet Seattle.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM ]
Yep, Romo did his usual self-destruct there again. Of course, a lot of that had to do with the pressure KC was putting on him. Until then, Dallas looked pretty good.

Should have been over more quickly after Romo JTO'd the ball into Eric Berry's hands... but he fumbled it away once and that helped. KC would have added more to the scoreboard had the OL not crapped all over themselves. They need work!

edit: should have really said that Jamaal Charles missed picking up a free rush MLB on a pivotal play and that was very costly.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Sep 19, 2013 at 3:40 PM ]
the 49ers 2011 formula so far looks like is working for the 2013 chiefs................. (for the most part)
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Sep 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Amir:
lol one has played the jags (worst team in league) and cowboys (most overrated team in league), the other has played GB and Sea (two playoff teams and probably the 2nd best team in league).

as i said, the season will progress and things start to become as they usually do.

well i really dont want to engage in this debate but if you are going to play this game, then one is playing with a supporting cast that went 2-14 last year and the other is playing with a supporting cast that went to the super bowl...why not just say they are both good qbs
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Method:
I love that picture. I think Alex gets another 2+ TD's tonight.

Why do you love that picture? Don't you want our QB to be successful? His success = Niners success. Or are you so tied to Alex, that you'd rather him succeed than our current QB?

take this crap somewhere else...

No thanks. A graphic showing our former QBs favorable numbers over our current QB and lauded around like it's meaningful after two games is what's crap. Kap has one bad game against arguably the best home team/defense in the league and people all the sudden want to parade stats around showing Alex's superiority. b******t. Frankly, I'm a little sick of the Chiefs converts around these parts, that's what's crap.

maybe you should avoid this thread if it upsets you so much

Originally posted by tjd808185:

If Alex is serviceable, what should we call Kap? Jeff George?
  • buck
  • Veteran
KC has two wins. We need eight.

KC is playing a NFC team

Go Chiefs !!!
[ Edited by buck on Sep 19, 2013 at 5:00 PM ]
Philly 13
KC 30
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 19, 2013 at 8:03 PM ]
Alex will keep Philly's offense on the bench. Philly's defense can't contain Alex
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Pathetic. Eagles horrendous secondary completely blanketed all the WRs on that 3rd & goal.
Share 49ersWebzone