How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• dj43
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Hopper:
I don't think KC has enough offense to outscore Philly. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Yea me too. Plus it's hard to see the Eagles drop two in a row at home. But I'm sure the Cheifs will want to win it badly for old coach.

game is pretty even

KC vs Philly
good defense vs a fast temp offense
Ok offense vs ok defense at home

Probably come down to a ST return or fumble

Actually the more I think about it, Chiefs can definitely pull it off, if Alex can produce time consuming drives and keep this Eagles offense off the field.

As far as the Chiefs D, I'm still not sold after two games, this will be a good test though.
6 Pro Bowlers?

I'm sold. They are the real deal. Fantasy players will look at last season's numbers and be totally wrong about them. The reason the defensive numbers were so bad last season was because the offense, particularly the QBs, were constantly giving the ball away. TOP was totally in favor of the opposition in almost every game. When they were on the field, they played well until they got tired, which would happen to any defense under those conditions. Alex Smith is the perfect solution for that problem. He will keep the defense off the field with Reid's very efficient ball-control, short passing game. Give them rest and they are VERY good.

Also, those guys are sold out on Smith. The performance he put on last week has those guys pumped UP.
I remember chuckling when Poe went 11th overall. He's beasting this year. Who's laughing now, huh?

I like our chances of getting that second round pick (famous last words two games into the season).
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Hopper:
I don't think KC has enough offense to outscore Philly. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Yea me too. Plus it's hard to see the Eagles drop two in a row at home. But I'm sure the Cheifs will want to win it badly for old coach.

game is pretty even

KC vs Philly
good defense vs a fast temp offense
Ok offense vs ok defense at home

Probably come down to a ST return or fumble

Actually the more I think about it, Chiefs can definitely pull it off, if Alex can produce time consuming drives and keep this Eagles offense off the field.

As far as the Chiefs D, I'm still not sold after two games, this will be a good test though.
6 Pro Bowlers?

I'm sold. They are the real deal. Fantasy players will look at last season's numbers and be totally wrong about them. The reason the defensive numbers were so bad last season was because the offense, particularly the QBs, were constantly giving the ball away. TOP was totally in favor of the opposition in almost every game. When they were on the field, they played well until they got tired, which would happen to any defense under those conditions. Alex Smith is the perfect solution for that problem. He will keep the defense off the field with Reid's very efficient ball-control, short passing game. Give them rest and they are VERY good.

Also, those guys are sold out on Smith. The performance he put on last week has those guys pumped UP.

Dang I didn't know they had 6 pro bowlers. I'll buy into that....and I'll be completely sold if they stop the Eagles.
The game plan for the KC Chiefs to beat the Philadelphia Eagles

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/18/4745304/kansas-city-chiefs-philadelphia-eagles-thursday-night-football
How to attack the Eagles defense: Play your game

It's that simple, ladies and gents. Alex has shown that he refuses to put the team in bad spots. Turnovers are crucial and our new signal caller knows to avoid them at all costs. Teams have won by a touchdown or less in 22 of 32 games this year, proving that each possession is stunningly valuable. Philadelphia has been very public about subtle changes in defensive philosophy this week, specifically saying they plan to execute a lot more zone coverage and a lot fewer blitz packages against KC to try and ensure short passes don't turn into long gains. Fortunately for the Chiefs, a number of the Eagles' defenders tend to struggle in space. I would look for a lot of screens and draws to get the defense out of position and allow Charles to get going early. The play action pass is something we haven't seen much of yet this year, which might change tonight. If Philly shows a lot of zone looks early, Andy Reid should get the ground game going and suck defenders toward the line of scrimmage. Alex and Charles have shown some excellent run fakes in limited opportunities, so this could just be the week that we attack someone downfield a time or two. Also expect to see Bowe's targets increase this week as he'll likely draw Cary Williams, an aggressive defender that was flagged for pass interference three times against the Chargers.
Chiefs should win this one. Short week and Reid knows Philly's personnel. Also has the team to wear them down
  • dj43
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Chiefs should win this one. Short week and Reid knows Philly's personnel. Also has the team to wear them down
The fast pace of Kelly's offense could work against their own defense. If the Chiefs can shut down Philly with some early 3-and-outs, and KC plays its ball control game, the Eagle defense could be on the field a lot and tire out in the second half.
I think the Chiefs can beat Philly and here's why, you have Philly which is a fast tempo team going against a slow methodical WCO QB in Alex Smith. I think Alex will be a reason why they will beat Philly. I think they are going to control the clock and dominate the time of possession.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Not sure why some are surprised. I do remember a lot of excuses were being made prior to the season but most already knew KC was a team stacked with talent. Most already predicted Alex will play well.

I am still wondering if he will still continue his production the the WRs. So far, a lot has been slant routes inside the hashes.

Philly defense sucks. KC should role them.

LMAO.

Just LMAO.

I don't think people should look at this like it's going to be a cinch to win. It's not going to be an easy game for either team, especially on a short week. Vick is putting up insane numbers and the Eagles offense is exploding this year. While the Philly defense isn't stellar, Alex Smith and company will need to put up points to keep up with them this week, so a win on the road in Philly in a short week would honestly be impressive to me.

Chiefs have outstanding speed on the edges defensively (Hali and Houston). That will slow down a lot of what Philly does. They also have Dontari Poe in the middle and he has been terrific all through PS and these first two games. He is playing at an All Pro level right now. Sean Smith and Brandon Flowers are two of the better corners in the league and Eric Berry is a Pro Bowler at safety. I am leaning to KC by a field goal.

Agree with this but a larger margin of win. Reid knows Vicks weaknesses and KC has the players to frustrate Vick. Honestly, Vick sucks at making quick reads.

Philly should just play man with a FS over Jackson, spy for Vick and the RB. The RB is the key to beating Philly beach awe with a QB like Vick, the more passes throws, the more mistakes he will make.
I'm starting to worry that they may win too many games..... I just want 8 so we get a good 2nd round pick. At this pace it may be a late 2nd round pick.

I'm going to hope we picked the right QB or kept Smith and let Kap develop. So far he is not showing a lot of composure just because a stadium is loud.

Interesting comparison. It's very early. But it doesn't surprise me Alex is playing well.

Originally posted by 9erempire:

I'm going to hope we picked the right QB or kept Smith and let Kap develop. So far he is not showing a lot of composure just because a stadium is loud.

It is really for the best if we do NOT lead discussion here towards a Kaep vs Alex angle.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

It is really for the best if we do NOT lead discussion here towards a Kaep vs Alex angle.

lol cuz there is no comparison between the two. 32 of 32 gms would take Kap over Alex any day of the week.

as i said two pages ago:

Originally posted by Amir:
lol its a 16 game season. his stats and wins will average out to what he has always been, average. lucky for us, that means 8 wins.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

lol cuz there is no comparison between the two. 32 of 32 gms would take Kap over Alex any day of the week.

as i said two pages ago:

lol its a 16 game season. his stats and wins will average out to what he has always been, average. lucky for us, that means 8 wins.

Ugh...

as i said two pages ago:

Look a page back and you'll see a comparison...so obviously folks can and do compare. Mac's comment suggested a comparison would just start the old nonsense of back and forth bashing...which it evidently has with your post.

I like comparison for the sake of understanding though. Smith has had two fairly equal games statistically, whereas Kaepernick has had a crazy high and a crazy low game statistically. This demonstrates the value of experience, although the teams they played are not on par nor are the teams they play for. I'm guessing that anyone who would prefer Smith to Kaepernick sees a strong team that can win by eliminating mistakes. But I doubt anyone is confused about the sheer physical talent level difference between the two.

Back to KC...go Alex!
Share 49ersWebzone