LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 159 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by vrabbit:
I like the Chiefs' defense against this exciting Eagles' offense. Wish I could watch the game but I'll be taking my mom out for her birthday.

Chiefs 24-20.

take her to a sports bar
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I like the Chiefs' defense against this exciting Eagles' offense. Wish I could watch the game but I'll be taking my mom out for her birthday.

Chiefs 24-20.

take her to a sports bar

get her a lap dance
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
What's your goal with it? There is over 42,000 threads and you are worried about this one? Sounds personal. Nobody said you couldn't criticize when he has a bad game. We are saying be respectful, don't get personal, and be fair. Most arent

I just don't understand why this thread would even exist once the season is over. This IS a 9er board, is it not? If people would like to follow and discuss a player who is no longer on the team. I'd suggest they go to the (insert player's team) board.

You are right. Good idea. We should get rid of every thread not niners. Baseball, football, college, cars, girls, screw em all! Niners!!!!! My wife just asked me about the weather tomorrow, I said "b***h weather doesn't play strong safety!"

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
What's your goal with it? There is over 42,000 threads and you are worried about this one? Sounds personal. Nobody said you couldn't criticize when he has a bad game. We are saying be respectful, don't get personal, and be fair. Most arent

I just don't understand why this thread would even exist once the season is over. This IS a 9er board, is it not? If people would like to follow and discuss a player who is no longer on the team. I'd suggest they go to the (insert player's team) board.

You are right. Good idea. We should get rid of every thread not niners. Baseball, football, college, cars, girls, screw em all! Niners!!!!! My wife just asked me about the weather tomorrow, I said "b***h weather doesn't play strong safety!"

POTD
  • dj43
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
KC's defense has speed on the edges and beef in the middle. This will be a tough game for them due to the scheduling but I am not overwhelmed by Kelly's stuff.

I haven't made my pick yet. Want to look at some games first. Had a good week at pick 'em after a 10-6 start. Missed on San Diego and forgot to mark the Miami/Indy game. Got the rest of them. (yes, I did pick Seattle)

I just can't ever pick against the niners! If I were a betting man...I'd be broke! LOL! I can't even pick against KC because I respect Smith and Reid too much. As objective as I try to be...my heart is firmly attached to my sleeve! My first week was a disaster...this week should be 11-5...a huge improvement.
I love the niners. Been my team since I was a kid. I also fancy myself a football fan so I try to pick the team I believe will win. In this case, I just didn't think the 49ers had a chance in Seattle with such a weakness at WR.

I will pick against Smith if I think they will lose. However, at this point I just don't think anybody has a real good handle on how good that team can be. They have a lot of talent on that team but it will take them a while to learn how to play to win with confidence. The Dallas game may prove a critical turning point. It was a team that many picked to win but the Chiefs pretty much had the upper hand much of the time. Their defense is pretty darn good. If they stay injury-free, they can surprise some people. I picked them to be 9-7 but expected Dallas to win. 10-8?
Chiefs will win the Super Bowl . Alex and AJ will be named co MVPs
I love the niners. Been my team since I was a kid. I also fancy myself a football fan so I try to pick the team I believe will win. In this case, I just didn't think the 49ers had a chance in Seattle with such a weakness at WR.

I will pick against Smith if I think they will lose. However, at this point I just don't think anybody has a real good handle on how good that team can be. They have a lot of talent on that team but it will take them a while to learn how to play to win with confidence. The Dallas game may prove a critical turning point. It was a team that many picked to win but the Chiefs pretty much had the upper hand much of the time. Their defense is pretty darn good. If they stay injury-free, they can surprise some people. I picked them to be 9-7 but expected Dallas to win. 10-8?

No problem at all with you picking against the niners...just can't do it my self. Have always been like this and usually based on players, not just the team. I love the character of the niners from J Smith, Iupati, Gore, Willis, Kaepernick and now Boldin...and many more. Just like how they play the game as professionals. The Chiefs will be like that as well with Smith at QB and Reid as HC.
really cool lil article... don't bother to read if you hate Smith though...

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/17/4740518/mr-smith-goes-to-arrowhead

There would have been plenty of chances to get a touchdown later in the game. But the Chiefs were playing their home opener following a win over a not-very-good Jaguars team, and Alex knew how vitally important it was to score a touchdown on the opening drive. It was important not only to the fans of a long-suffering franchise, but also to his teammates. So Alex made it happen through sheer force of will, carrying the team to the end zone on his back. Let's not forget: this is a guy who missed the better part of two seasons with injury, and here he is on third and long, doing a somersault and landing on his neck in order to convert a third down on the opening drive.

Alex Smith was sending a message: I'm here to play - and play HARD. And I'm here to lead this team to WINS.

We know Alex Smith is human. As a Chief, he could still prove to be one of the NFL's "elite" quarterbacks, or he could prove to be nothing more than a stopgap solution to a longstanding problem for this franchise.But on Sunday, Alex Smith earned my respect. Whatever his strengths or faults may prove to be, I am proud to have him as a Chief.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Sep 17, 2013 at 7:39 PM ]
Very nice article Mac! Thanks!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

There would have been plenty of chances to get a touchdown later in the game. But the Chiefs were playing their home opener following a win over a not-very-good Jaguars team, and Alex knew how vitally important it was to score a touchdown on the opening drive. It was important not only to the fans of a long-suffering franchise, but also to his teammates. So Alex made it happen through sheer force of will, carrying the team to the end zone on his back. Let's not forget: this is a guy who missed the better part of two seasons with injury, and here he is on third and long, doing a somersault and landing on his neck in order to convert a third down on the opening drive.

Alex Smith was sending a message: I'm here to play - and play HARD. And I'm here to lead this team to WINS.

We know Alex Smith is human. As a Chief, he could still prove to be one of the NFL's "elite" quarterbacks, or he could prove to be nothing more than a stopgap solution to a longstanding problem for this franchise.But on Sunday, Alex Smith earned my respect. Whatever his strengths or faults may prove to be, I am proud to have him as a Chief.

Great article!
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Great article!
Alex is dope. im glad the guy is gettin some love and having success there, he never got a fair deal here til harbaugh got here and then he got bounced while he was injured. best of luck to him unless we meet him in the superbowl somehow lol

It's a shame that the TE situation in KC.. once so deep and solid.. now looks really concerning. The scrub McGrath showed up with a couple nice and easy catches vs Cowpukes. I hope Kelce can get off his gimpy arse and do SOMETHING if Fasano is less than 75% or doesn't play.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/18/4740616/eagles-vs-chiefs-2013-game-time-tv-schedule-live-online-streaming-odds-andy-reid

Chiefs injury report

Did not practice (Tuesday): TE Anthony Fasano (ankle)
Limited participation in practice (Tuesday): CB Brandon Flowers (knee), TE Travis Kelce (knee)
Full participation in practice (Tuesday): T Branden Albert (shoulder), DE Mike Devito (neck), LB James-Michael Johnson (neck), LB Nico Johnson (ankle), LB Dezman Moses (toe)

Eagles injury report

Did not practice (Tuesday): CB Brandon Hughes (hamstring)
Full participation in practice (Tuesday): CB Brandon Boykin (quadricep), TE Brent Celek (shoulder), CB Bradley Fletcher (concussion), C Jason Kelce(thumb), T Dennis Kelly (back), LB Mychal Kendricks (groin)
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Chiefs about to go 3-0!

oh man, can you imagine what NT would look like if KC goes on to win the SB with Alex Smith and AJ Jenkins?
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Chiefs will win the Super Bowl . Alex and AJ will be named co MVPs

AJ Jenkins trips and drops the SB trophy
  • dj43
Another nice piece on the Chiefs, Smith and Reid.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000246391/article/andy-reids-kansas-city-chiefs-thriving-on-both-sides-of-the-ball
Another nice piece on the Chiefs, Smith and Reid.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000246391/article/andy-reids-kansas-city-chiefs-thriving-on-both-sides-of-the-ball

I think Reid knows more about the nuance of the passing game better than Harbaugh and Roman. Probably the reason Smith have been saying that Reid gives him more details than anyone before. I wish we have someone like Reid to install a passing game for Kaep. Kaep would be so much better for it.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone