LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
reported for being massively insulting all for no good reason.

49ers come FIRST... why can't this get through to some of you people????

Calling someone a Chief's fan is hardly a personal attack. I get that you can still support Smith but when you rush to jump here and blast the decision every time Kap has a bad game I'm going to wonder where your heart truly is.

Best advice is keep this thread about Smith and the Chiefs.

Strange you're not seeing the comments from the "other side of the debate".
If you read this thread, it was about Smith and Chiefs, until some come flooding in to carry on the same old crap.
Always the tit for tat, etc.
[ Edited by OKC49erFan on Sep 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM ]
  • Jiks
Calling someone a Chief's fan is hardly a personal attack. I get that you can still support Smith but when you rush to jump here and blast the decision every time Kap has a bad game I'm going to wonder where your heart truly is.

I just don't see why you care. Stay away, it's that's simple, unless you are looking for something. If people want to root for him so be it, it's not a lick of your business until you come in here and say stuff like this.

Why does it bother you? Think about that? Resentment? It's people like you that keep this constant dislike of each other going. This is a Chiefs thread, if you don't like it, well... Go somewhere else or please stay away. Why is that so hard to understand? And again what brings you here besides to talk down to others because they are such horrible fans? You are looking for a fight that is all.
This thread doesn't disappoint. I think you guys just join the Chiefs forum because that's where your hearts lie.

Kap played like sh** but good defenses will do that to you. Or do I have bring the Giants game back up. Don't pretend like Alex never had one of these days.

I dont recall anybody giving Alex a pseudo pass for that reason. I believe that comments were more that, "an elite QB would make his WR's play better."

I'm a fan of the 9ers starting QB whoever it is...but some people have forgotten the s**t they previously said to downgrade Alex and are now using the "excuses" to justify Kap's play or the problems we have.

Elite QB's make the WR's better...what happened last night?
Having Swain and Hastings shouldn't matter....now its apparent we have no good WR's and its a valid excuse.
He should throw his guys open......now people see the PI all over the field.
We run a s**t O because of Alex, its never the coaches/play calling......well nobody is happy with Harbs and Roman today.
All he can do is checkdown......funny now people want to see more of it.
Alex never takes chances and I dont mind the occasional INT.......doubted that back then and still do now.

Its not an Alex vs Kap issue. Its a live in reality issue and the QB isn't responsible and cant fix every damn problem.

Our WR situation has never been fully addressed. The play calling and scheme is still super stupid sometimes. Mediocre players dont get better over night because of a QB change. These are problems that Alex couldn't and Kap cant fix, its up to Harbs and Trent to fix....and IMO they haven't.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Its not an Alex vs Kap issue. Its a live in reality issue and the QB isn't responsible and cant fix every damn problem.

The play calling and scheme is still super stupid sometimes. Mediocre players dont get better over night because of a QB change. These are problems that Alex couldn't and Kap cant fix, its up to Harbs and Trent to fix....and IMO they haven't.

I just ask for intellectual honesty. People should be consistent in their rationale, IMO.

... and yet it was a detractor (joecool) bringing Kaep into the conversation here back on page 157.... go figure. I have zero interest in mentioning Kaep in here.

... and it damn sure IS a personal attack to suggest that "some of 49ers fans should just go be chiefs fans cuz that's where our hearts lie." How dare you.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I just don't see why you care. Stay away, it's that's simple, unless you are looking for something. If people want to root for him so be it, it's not a lick of your business until you come in here and say stuff like this.

Why does it bother you? Think about that? Resentment? It's people like you that keep this constant dislike of each other going. This is a Chiefs thread, if you don't like it, well... Go somewhere else or please stay away. Why is that so hard to understand? And again what brings you here besides to talk down to others because they are such horrible fans? You are looking for a fight that is all.

Not at all. Personally I'm just hoping you guys keep this as a Alex Smith and KC discussion thread. I'll concede for the most part it is that but don't act like my response came from nothing.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
That was ZRF80. He's gone again.
A rose by any name...

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Alex Smith took some of the most ferocious abuse I've seen in a long time. Dallas essentially just teed off on him. But Smith still picked himself up, committed no turnovers, and led his team back to victory. Really gritty performance.

I have been saying it for years. Guy has been one of the toughest, if not the toughest, QB's in the NFL. Despite his shoulder injury and the concussion he is also EXTREMELY durable.

Guy is gonna have himself a nice season on that roster. That roster is perfect for a guy like AS.

Always have had so much respect for this guy and his toughness. Noticed the comments by his receivers...very positive and honest. Looking forward to watching him this year!

As for the niners...it's a game, just shred and reload! A young QB in that crowd noise and a game plan that is iffy, at best? I'll give it a pass until the playoffs!
  • Jiks
Originally posted by jreff22:
I dont recall anybody giving Alex a pseudo pass for that reason. I believe that comments were more that, "an elite QB would make his WR's play better."

I'm a fan of the 9ers starting QB whoever it is...but some people have forgotten the s**t they previously said to downgrade Alex and are now using the "excuses" to justify Kap's play or the problems we have.

Elite QB's make the WR's better...what happened last night?
Having Swain and Hastings shouldn't matter....now its apparent we have no good WR's and its a valid excuse.
He should throw his guys open......now people see the PI all over the field.
We run a s**t O because of Alex, its never the coaches/play calling......well nobody is happy with Harbs and Roman today.
All he can do is checkdown......funny now people want to see more of it.
Alex never takes chances and I dont mind the occasional INT.......doubted that back then and still do now.

Our WR situation has never been fully addressed. The play calling and scheme is still super stupid sometimes. Mediocre players dont get better over night because of a QB change. These are problems that Alex couldn't and Kap cant fix, its up to Harbs and Trent to fix....and IMO they haven't.

Precisely the double standards are a bit irritating if we want to go that way, but I don't want to cause friction.

I myself admire Alex for his heart, toughness, will,sheer dedication and the fact he is a down right great human. I will always be a fan of his. He played here for the Niners for 7-8 years so to me he will always be a Niner just like Joe(not a comparison). People say forget about him, but I enjoyed having him here. Was he amazing to watch? Hardly, but he wasn't the worse thing to ever happen to him.

People have hated on him his entire career. People have hated on his fans. Pure hate. And yes it is a bit irritating that suddenly these same Alexscuses are being said about Kaep. Now do I hate Kaep? Not in the least. My point is just that, It just shows maybe these Alexscuses weren't really that far off. It's hard for any QB to succeed under some of these situations(poor oline play, no #1 receiver, bad play calling, etc.) Everything is not the Qb's fault and it never has been. To hate on kaep for last nights performance is unfair. Bad games happen to the greatest players of all time. All the people who hated on Alex were completely unfair to him and us fans as well.

It's always been that simple. People liked to blame everything on Alex. Now that they get what they want in Kaep(no complaints here Kaep is a bad ass), it's everybody elses fault now. It's never been just the QB. Never.

Personally I'm glad he's gone. A fresh start for him is what he deserves.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Sep 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM ]
I wasn't bored for that game at all. Always want to see a handful of deep passes from both teams in every game, but I understand that the KC OL was not in a position to protect Alex for deep routes. Games like this remind me of the 49ers in 2011... those games were exciting, hard-fought, and intense. But if you want 500 pass yards from each team? well... have fun with that. v

I know going for the deep pass was brought up by someone else. I just want to further the thought. It was brought up also by the announcer for the game. Dude said Smith should try for the deep pass because the Dallas D was crowding the line. But the more I think about it and was watching the game while he said that, the more it seems retarded to me, when the short and the intermediate high percentage throws are there to take from the defense. It was there all game, just whether the connections were made due to execution or not. Smith did hit Avery for 31 yards to convert a 3r&13 to continue a scoring drive. With Smith and Charles running, the Chiefs were in a lot of 3rd very convertible 5-10 yards --occasionally they backed themselves up with penalty. Why the hell would you want to get away from trying to convert those 5-10 yards for the 1st down conversion, for a low percentage deep throw that very possibly may not connect and end a drive.

Kinda like going deep on 3rd down when all you need is 5 yds for the first down marker. And going back to your point, throwing short or intermediate gives and added positive of not requiring the offensive line to pass block for an extended time. They only have to pass block for a 5-10 yard strike. The short routes develop quickly for Smith to get rid of the ball.

Niners could have used a little bit of this last night
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I know going for the deep pass was brought up by someone else. I just want to further the thought. It was brought up also by the announcer for the game. Dude said Smith should try for the deep pass because the Dallas D was crowding the line. But the more I think about it and was watching the game while he said that, the more it seems retarded to me, when the short and the intermediate high percentage throws are there to take from the defense. It was there all game, just whether the connections were made due to execution or not. Smith did hit Avery for 31 yards to convert a 3r&13 to continue a scoring drive. With Smith and Charles running, the Chiefs were in a lot of 3rd very convertible 5-10 yards --occasionally they backed themselves up with penalty. Why the hell would you want to get away from trying to convert those 5-10 yards for the 1st down conversion, for a low percentage deep throw that very possibly may not connect and end a drive.

Kinda like going deep on 3rd down when all you need is 5 yds for the first down marker. And going back to your point, throwing short or intermediate gives and added positive of not requiring the offensive line to pass block for an extended time. They only have to pass block for a 5-10 yard strike. The short routes develop quickly for Smith to get rid of the ball.

Niners could have used a little bit of this last night

Soon enough, I am going to look closer at some of the circumstances of failed conversions. I do remember a few drops that concerned me. One thing I don't like is seeing Smith in the shotgun when the down and distance is 3rd and 4 or less... makes little sense to me. You have one of the best RBs in the game... at least make the D play honestly instead of having no concern over the run threat and always throwing it there.

More to what you were saying.. that OL was simply not protecting well often... so 5-7 step drops and deep route progressions were not good solutions.

... and I am little hurt that no one loved my gif there.. guess I am too old.
So....when the season's over and we get our draft pick. Does this thread get closed?

Never got into Seinfeld...but...
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
So....when the season's over and we get our draft pick. Does this thread get closed?

would it bother and threaten you so much, if not? and if so... why might that be?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Never got into Seinfeld...but...

Share 49ersWebzone