There are 165 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Didn't you hear? The chiefs won despite smith again. The defense was 100% responsible for the win.

It is actually king of funny that some people are still committed to this theory. All of the NFL experts on TV love the way the team is playing and how Alex is controlling the offense, but you come here and you get that. LOL.

He looks good. He looks confident. He is playing his style of football. I watched a lot of the game yesterday and respected where they are at in relation to a new offense, new coach and new QB.
of course this is the truth,. i knew he would do well in that town both as a leader on and off the field. he is doing what he does and the team is winning. i am happy for alex and i am happy because his good play will mean a nice draft pick for us. i am so sick of people trotting out those old worn out statements which were not true when he was here and is not true now. lord
If Kap played a slow methodical, smart offensive game, taking what was there and not making mistakes, we woulda beat Seattle.
Originally posted by hospcenter:
Lol...guess some "Niners" fans are still butthurt that Harbs gave Alex the shaft.

Like you are butt hurt about being banned here over and over and over? Later.
Alex Smith took some of the most ferocious abuse I've seen in a long time. Dallas essentially just teed off on him. But Smith still picked himself up, committed no turnovers, and led his team back to victory. Really gritty performance.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Great game by Mr. 299.

hey joe did the niners struggles tonite in the passing game cause you to reconsider your thoughts last year about whether the seahawks dbs stifled the passing ame or whether it was smith--I didn't see many tight windows to throw thru tonite..not trying to be an ass here just wondering if your opinion changed at all

You mean how we beat Seattle at home on Franks back? To bad he was only averaging little to none tonight. Alex would touch SEAs DBs. At least Kap has enough balls to.

Personally, I already said a few days ago we should go 5-wide and spread them out because their two corners are too good and we need to get something with Patten on their 3rd or 4th corner. This would have made them change their game plan which would have opened it up for Gore later.

no that isn't what im talking about--last year you said that it wasn't a problem of the receivers struggling to get separation vs the physical seahawks dbs, it was smith not making the throws into the tight windows...I think tonite showed it is a problem with niners wrs getting separation, and even kaepernicks arm couldn't thread the tight coverage

Let's extend it further than SEA. Alex seemed to have a problem with receivers not getting separation against most teams. Colin has only had that problem with SEA.
Lol...guess some "Niners" fans are still butthurt that Harbs gave Alex the shaft.

absolutely not happy about the way that went down. 9ers are still my team, but I'm going to call out any player that isn't living up to expectation. I think that is fair.

But we're off topic it seems.

Alex was responcible for nearly 300 yards of offense yesterday... His probowl RB put an additional 50 yards of running to that number.

I'd say it was the Alex Smith show on offense...and that was with god awful play from the OL.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Sep 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:

absolutely not happy about the way that went down. 9ers are still my team, but I'm going to call out any player that isn't living up to expectation. I think that is fair.

But we're off topic it seems.

Alex was responcible for nearly 300 yards of offense yesterday... His probowl RB put an additional 50 yards of running to that number.

I'd say it was the Alex Smith show on offense...and that was with god awful play from the OL.

That was ZRF80. He's gone again.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Didn't you hear? The chiefs won despite smith again. The defense was 100% responsible for the win.

It is actually king of funny that some people are still committed to this theory. All of the NFL experts on TV love the way the team is playing and how Alex is controlling the offense, but you come here and you get that. LOL.

He looks good. He looks confident. He is playing his style of football. I watched a lot of the game yesterday and respected where they are at in relation to a new offense, new coach and new QB.

Agreed. Both him and his coach appear to be having fun and developing chemistry. Both have something to prove. I say they snatch a wildcard spot.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Alex Smith took some of the most ferocious abuse I've seen in a long time. Dallas essentially just teed off on him. But Smith still picked himself up, committed no turnovers, and led his team back to victory. Really gritty performance.

I have been saying it for years. Guy has been one of the toughest, if not the toughest, QB's in the NFL. Despite his shoulder injury and the concussion he is also EXTREMELY durable.

Guy is gonna have himself a nice season on that roster. That roster is perfect for a guy like AS.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I have been saying it for years. Guy has been one of the toughest, if not the toughest, QB's in the NFL. Despite his shoulder injury and the concussion he is also EXTREMELY durable.

Guy is gonna have himself a nice season on that roster. That roster is perfect for a guy like AS.

That roster is very similiar to what he had here in 2010-2011.

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Easily agree, but must admit, I am worried about him surviving 16 games behind that OL. He (or any QB) likely can not take the hits he is taking and shrug them off all year. There were a few off passes along the way that I think were influenced by so much contact getting to him, but he pushed beyond that and showed the iced veins when it counted. That O still has much work to do in the blitz pick-up and hot routes being in sync.

Let's extend it further than SEA. Alex seemed to have a problem with receivers not getting separation against most teams. Colin has only had that problem with SEA.

Nah, this myth of yours has been shattered already. You will have to come up with some other creative fault. He's been throwing quite a few passes to well covered targets. While true that he is not an idiot that will force extraordinarily tight throws (in crowds of defense) that would frequently get popped up in the air for easy interceptions, he will throw one on one passes where a DB or LB is up his target's arse.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Sep 16, 2013 at 1:55 PM ]
This thread doesn't disappoint. I think you guys just join the Chiefs forum because that's where your hearts lie.

Kap played like sh** but good defenses will do that to you. Or do I have bring the Giants game back up. Don't pretend like Alex never had one of these days.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
This thread doesn't disappoint. I think you guys just join the Chiefs forum because that's where your hearts lie.

Kap played like sh** but good defenses will do that to you. Or do I have bring the Giants game back up. Don't pretend like Alex never had one of these days.

reported for being massively insulting all for no good reason.

49ers come FIRST... why can't this get through to some of you people????
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Calling someone a Chief's fan is hardly a personal attack. I get that you can still support Smith but when you rush to jump here and blast the decision every time Kap has a bad game I'm going to wonder where your heart truly is.

Best advice is keep this thread about Smith and the Chiefs.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

wut..whut do you mean 'you people'
Share 49ersWebzone