Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They are complaining on Chiefs Planet that the wins "aren't pretty enough." And talking about "game manager" and stuff.....

WebZone Niners 2011

New HC and staff. New offense. And some new players. Winning games while trying to improve. The hell are they complaining about...It's still better than losing

Yeah they should be happy with winning. Alex is actually helping them a lot IMO.

that was a big 3rd and long pass to avery to set up 2nd td...

and boy does dontari poe look like a beast

yeah, Smith had some of his off throws today, but that was one of several good ones from Smith. Maybe better protection from the O-line, but from what I saw of the game, the O-line gave Smith some good pockets to throw. I didn't see the whole game doe.

that td pass to bowe looked like some smith hit last year to crabtree
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by HomerJ:
Just admit it guys, Alex's play is really boring. You can't tell me these Chiefs games so far have been entertaining.

Not surprised KC fans are complaining.

they posted a stat before the game today that he was 20-5-1 as a starter since 2011....

That's pretty good, luckily he's played on some good teams since 2011!

And did his part.

Good defensive win for the chiefs

If Alex doesn't turn it over he is doing his part with that. Boneheaded turnovers put your defense in a bad way and Alex doesn't do that. So he helps his D a lot.

Not sure if throwing for 2 TD contributed to the win....Let me check my hate for Alex Smith. BRB

Yeah I guess "check down" TDs still count.

id like some tonite vs seahawks---maybe that debate last year whether the niners receivers were beating the seahawk coverage is being settled tonite
Don't want to talk Niners right now so....

Welts creased Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith's forehead. The bridge of his nose was bruised. His left elbow was flaming red.

If anyone personified what it took to slug out a 17-16 win over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, it was Smith.

Smith led the Chiefs in rushing with a career-best 57 yards against a Dallas defense that was crowding the line of scrimmage with the intent of stopping running back Jamaal Charles.

Smith was under constant pressure from Cowboys pass rushers DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer and Jason Hatcher but still completed 21 of 36 passes for 223 yards, two touchdowns, and perhaps most important, no interceptions.

"In the trenches, when it's time to buckle up, he's all in," said wide receiver Dwayne Bowe, who caught Smith's second touchdown pass. "You should see the look in his eyes when he's demanding … and controlling the offense. I never had a quarterback like that.

"He's tough, he's not going to back down …"

Read more:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/09/15/4484019/smith-inspires-chiefs-with-running.html#storylink=cpy
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Sep 15, 2013 at 9:37 PM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Welts creased Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith's forehead. The bridge of his nose was bruised. His left elbow was flaming red.

If anyone personified what it took to slug out a 17-16 win over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, it was Smith.

Smith led the Chiefs in rushing with a career-best 57 yards against a Dallas defense that was crowding the line of scrimmage with the intent of stopping running back Jamaal Charles.

Smith was under constant pressure from Cowboys pass rushers DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer and Jason Hatcher but still completed 21 of 36 passes for 223 yards, two touchdowns, and perhaps most important, no interceptions.

"In the trenches, when it's time to buckle up, he's all in," said wide receiver Dwayne Bowe, who caught Smith's second touchdown pass. "You should see the look in his eyes when he's demanding … and controlling the offense. I never had a quarterback like that.

Read more:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/09/15/4484019/smith-inspires-chiefs-with-running.html#storylink=cpy

Damn he had more total offense by himself than the whole 9ers offense today.

Where are all the detractors now?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Read more:

Nice read!
  • vaden
  • Veteran
As an Alex supporter from the very beginning, tbh I've been a little underwhelmed by his play overall so far this season (he's still played very well, but I have higher expectations for him), but inside the red zone he continues to be money. Dating back to last season, he's thrown 12 TDs on just 22 attempts inside the red zone. 4/5 this year.
Alex good QB and he said he's gonna stick it to the haters and he doin' a good job of it! lol

S/O to all the Cordarrelle Patterson fans who wanted this beast in a 49ers jersey dude took the opening kickoff vs Bears 105 yards to the house!!

49ers needed a WR/KR exactly like Patterson can't believe the stupidity of Harbaalke passing over Patterson at 29th overall. Nor can I believe the stupidity of the AJ Jenkins pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000244164/article/cordarrelle-patterson-races-for-105yard-td-for-vikings
49ers damn lucky they got the deal they did from the Chiefs for Alex after the idiots in the 49ers FO put out that press release basically saying Alex would not be kept and could be released and thus dropping his stock significantly.

Mark my words by seasons end there will be more than a few NFL teams who will regret not trading for AS.
Originally posted by SF49ersCA:
49ers damn lucky they got the deal they did from the Chiefs for Alex after the idiots in the 49ers FO put out that press release basically saying Alex would not be kept and could be released and thus dropping his stock significantly.

Mark my words by seasons end there will be more than a few NFL teams who will regret not trading for AS.

All of a sudden an Alex lead team has a great defense and great punter. You think Alex taught their punter some of Lee's secrets?
Great game by Mr. 299.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Great game by Mr. 299.

hey joe did the niners struggles tonite in the passing game cause you to reconsider your thoughts last year about whether the seahawks dbs stifled the passing ame or whether it was smith--I didn't see many tight windows to throw thru tonite..not trying to be an ass here just wondering if your opinion changed at all
[ Edited by hofer36 on Sep 15, 2013 at 10:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Great game by Mr. 299.

Not so great for Mr. 4 turnovers though.
Their red on red unis looked sick!

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/15/4735034/kansas-city-chiefs-red-alternate-uniforms
[ Edited by forty9er16 on Sep 15, 2013 at 10:51 PM ]
It's not how long you throw it, it's how you work the redzone.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000244433/Dwayne-Bowe-12-yard-touchdown-catch

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000244192/Jamaal-Charles-2-yard-touchdown-catch