LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Don't want to talk Niners right now so....

Welts creased Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith's forehead. The bridge of his nose was bruised. His left elbow was flaming red.

If anyone personified what it took to slug out a 17-16 win over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, it was Smith.

Smith led the Chiefs in rushing with a career-best 57 yards against a Dallas defense that was crowding the line of scrimmage with the intent of stopping running back Jamaal Charles.

Smith was under constant pressure from Cowboys pass rushers DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer and Jason Hatcher but still completed 21 of 36 passes for 223 yards, two touchdowns, and perhaps most important, no interceptions.

"In the trenches, when it's time to buckle up, he's all in," said wide receiver Dwayne Bowe, who caught Smith's second touchdown pass. "You should see the look in his eyes when he's demanding … and controlling the offense. I never had a quarterback like that.

"He's tough, he's not going to back down …"

Read more:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/09/15/4484019/smith-inspires-chiefs-with-running.html#storylink=cpy

Damn he had more total offense by himself than the whole 9ers offense today.

Where are all the detractors now?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Don't want to talk Niners right now so....

Welts creased Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith's forehead. The bridge of his nose was bruised. His left elbow was flaming red.

If anyone personified what it took to slug out a 17-16 win over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, it was Smith.

Smith led the Chiefs in rushing with a career-best 57 yards against a Dallas defense that was crowding the line of scrimmage with the intent of stopping running back Jamaal Charles.

Smith was under constant pressure from Cowboys pass rushers DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer and Jason Hatcher but still completed 21 of 36 passes for 223 yards, two touchdowns, and perhaps most important, no interceptions.

"In the trenches, when it's time to buckle up, he's all in," said wide receiver Dwayne Bowe, who caught Smith's second touchdown pass. "You should see the look in his eyes when he's demanding … and controlling the offense. I never had a quarterback like that.

"He's tough, he's not going to back down …"

Read more:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/09/15/4484019/smith-inspires-chiefs-with-running.html#storylink=cpy

Nice read!
  • vaden
  • Veteran
As an Alex supporter from the very beginning, tbh I've been a little underwhelmed by his play overall so far this season (he's still played very well, but I have higher expectations for him), but inside the red zone he continues to be money. Dating back to last season, he's thrown 12 TDs on just 22 attempts inside the red zone. 4/5 this year.
Alex good QB and he said he's gonna stick it to the haters and he doin' a good job of it! lol

S/O to all the Cordarrelle Patterson fans who wanted this beast in a 49ers jersey dude took the opening kickoff vs Bears 105 yards to the house!!

49ers needed a WR/KR exactly like Patterson can't believe the stupidity of Harbaalke passing over Patterson at 29th overall. Nor can I believe the stupidity of the AJ Jenkins pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000244164/article/cordarrelle-patterson-races-for-105yard-td-for-vikings
49ers damn lucky they got the deal they did from the Chiefs for Alex after the idiots in the 49ers FO put out that press release basically saying Alex would not be kept and could be released and thus dropping his stock significantly.

Mark my words by seasons end there will be more than a few NFL teams who will regret not trading for AS.
Originally posted by SF49ersCA:
49ers damn lucky they got the deal they did from the Chiefs for Alex after the idiots in the 49ers FO put out that press release basically saying Alex would not be kept and could be released and thus dropping his stock significantly.

Mark my words by seasons end there will be more than a few NFL teams who will regret not trading for AS.

All of a sudden an Alex lead team has a great defense and great punter. You think Alex taught their punter some of Lee's secrets?
Great game by Mr. 299.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Great game by Mr. 299.

hey joe did the niners struggles tonite in the passing game cause you to reconsider your thoughts last year about whether the seahawks dbs stifled the passing ame or whether it was smith--I didn't see many tight windows to throw thru tonite..not trying to be an ass here just wondering if your opinion changed at all
[ Edited by hofer36 on Sep 15, 2013 at 10:40 PM ]
Great game by Mr. 299.

Not so great for Mr. 4 turnovers though.
Their red on red unis looked sick!

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/15/4735034/kansas-city-chiefs-red-alternate-uniforms
[ Edited by forty9er16 on Sep 15, 2013 at 10:51 PM ]

It's not how long you throw it, it's how you work the redzone.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000244433/Dwayne-Bowe-12-yard-touchdown-catch

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000244192/Jamaal-Charles-2-yard-touchdown-catch
Originally posted by hofer36:
Great game by Mr. 299.

hey joe did the niners struggles tonite in the passing game cause you to reconsider your thoughts last year about whether the seahawks dbs stifled the passing ame or whether it was smith--I didn't see many tight windows to throw thru tonite..not trying to be an ass here just wondering if your opinion changed at all

You mean how we beat Seattle at home on Franks back? To bad he was only averaging little to none tonight. Alex would touch SEAs DBs. At least Kap has enough balls to.

Personally, I already said a few days ago we should go 5-wide and spread them out because their two corners are too good and we need to get something with Patten on their 3rd or 4th corner. This would have made them change their game plan which would have opened it up for Gore later.
You mean how we beat Seattle at home on Franks back? To bad he was only averaging little to none tonight. Alex would touch SEAs DBs. At least Kap has enough balls to.

Personally, I already said a few days ago we should go 5-wide and spread them out because their two corners are too good and we need to get something with Patten on their 3rd or 4th corner. This would have made them change their game plan which would have opened it up for Gore later.
their pass rush is too good to do that

Their defense is just too good at home. we should've done what has always worked in the past against them, which is power running. Put Gore behind Miller and let Gore do what he does. Gore is ineffective running out of the pistol.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Great game by Mr. 299.

Alex had the balls to win, Kap had the balls to play into their hands. There's a difference there buddy. So if Alex threw those picks I doubt you would be saying it was ballsy of him. Just face the facts that you were wrong and get over your hatred towards Alex.
Alex still needs to stop leading with his back when he slides....
Share 49ersWebzone