LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by verb1der:
I give it until week 8, when Reid gets tired of Smith's conservativeness.

Its already happening in practice. They better get ready for some grind em out games
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Reid's smart enough to know what he has to work with here. He just has to be careful he doesn't push too hard to turn Smith into something he's not.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/06/andy-reid-wants-alex-smith-to-let-it-rip-in-practice/

our boy Marvin

marvin49 says: Jun 6, 2013 1:32 PM As a 49er fan all i can say is "good luck with that". Thats been Alex Smiths MO since college. Urban Meyer once described him as "non-functional" until he completely understands an offense. He has to KNOW 100% that its the right decision before he'll make it. If its grey, he won't do it. Harbaughs system made decisions clearer and thats one of the reasons Smith succeeded. Asking Smith to make more chances tho…yeah….good luck with that.

sounds about right!

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Its already happening in practice. They better get ready for some grind em out games

Really..I need to follow the Chiefs a little more.
sounds about right!

Sorry. I meant IF its happening in practice. Sounds like it is according to that article.
sounds about right!

Sorry. I meant IF its happening in practice. Sounds like it is according to that article.

Yea, I mean for Reid to bring it up means he's seeing missed opportunities. I totally predicted this the day Smith got shipped to KC. Reid is the type to call explosive passing plays (basically all of Desean Jackson's highlights). And we know Alex is not the man for that.

Got myready.
Dave Skretta ‏@APdaveskretta50m
Jamaal Charles says Alex Smith is fast. "He reminds me of Vince Young when I was in college." #Chiefs

Gil Brandt: 'I can easily see the Kansas City Chiefs in the playoffs'

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/6/6/4402682/gil-brandt-kansas-city-chiefs-make-playoffs-2013

Yea, I mean for Reid to bring it up means he's seeing missed opportunities. I totally predicted this the day Smith got shipped to KC. Reid is the type to call explosive passing plays (basically all of Desean Jackson's highlights). And we know Alex is not the man for that.

Got myready.

That's true. Vick aired it out a lot and taht was by design. He better adjust his game plan like JH did to suit his players.

Got myready.

That's true. Vick aired it out a lot and taht was by design. He better adjust his game plan like JH did to suit his players.

who the heck is Reid anyways...Gil Brandt says playoffs

Got myready.

Andy Reid the walrus!!
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9348452/alex-smith-bounces-back-nfl

Echos what a lot of us are saying about Smith and the Chiefs. They have a very good chance of a quick turn around.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Echos what a lot of us are saying about Smith and the Chiefs. They have a very good chance of a quick turn around.

Nice read, thanks! I especially liked this part...

No QB in the NFL has been as beaten down as this man since he became the top pick in the 2005 draft. The fact that he's still standing and starting says something about his heart.

Got myready.

Smith needs to play in the same type of situation he had in SF. Reid likes to pass A LOT. I think the biggest problem is Reid, not Smith. Why? Because Reid is intelligent but can be such an idiot sometimes. He passes the ball way too much. He's the type of guy that will pass on each play on 1st down at the goal line. I can only imagine what the offense will look like if the Chiefs D flops.

It's practice though...I don't take much from it good or bad.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

Got myready.

Smith needs to play in the same type of situation he had in SF. Reid likes to pass A LOT. I think the biggest problem is Reid, not Smith. Why? Because Reid is intelligent but can be such an idiot sometimes. He passes the ball way too much. He's the type of guy that will pass on each play on 1st down at the goal line. I can only imagine what the offense will look like if the Chiefs D flops.

It's practice though...I don't take much from it good or bad.

Man if Reid wants to use Smith like Mcnabb or Vick, it's a wrap! The dink & dunk game mixed with some Jamaal Charles are his best chance of succeeding with Smith at QB.

Got myready.

yeah the same guy who said Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady and the Julio Jones is better than CJ
  • dj43
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

The opening sentence of that piece is a very good summation of why Chadiha thinks the Chiefs will do well.

Here is a video of Smith hitting receivers in stride on both short and deep throws as well as potential for Charles to have another monster season. Very positive comments on Smith and the Chiefs chances for a very good season. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000208475/Is-praise-getting-too-high-for-Alex-Smith
Originally posted by dj43:
The opening sentence of that piece is a very good summation of why Chadiha thinks the Chiefs will do well.

Here is a video of Smith hitting receivers in stride on both short and deep throws as well as potential for Charles to have another monster season. Very positive comments on Smith and the Chiefs chances for a very good season. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000208475/Is-praise-getting-too-high-for-Alex-Smith

dwayne bowe said alex reminds him of steve young?

dude still can't throw a tight spiral, best of luck to him in KC though
Share 49ersWebzone