LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

LMAO. Not sure I've ever seen a player's career summed up so perfectly in one GIF.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 6, 2013 at 12:03 AM ]
Originally posted by Furlow:
All the inciting you do and you're going to cry? Lol okay.

You never did answer. Did you read the article?

And I get infracted for all of it.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

He didn't specify you. He didn't target Alex haters. He was saying that in today's era of fantasy point aware fans, they might not get the concepts. If you got offended, then you put yourself in that group.

More, if you go around shooting people, no one is going to feel very sorry for you when you get shot.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

He didn't specify you. He didn't target Alex haters. He was saying that in today's era of fantasy point aware fans, they might not get the concepts. If you got offended, then you put yourself in that group.

More, if you go around shooting people, no one is going to feel very sorry for you when you get shot.

This. I don't think that you see it - and maybe you are this way in real life, too - but nearly ALL of your comments are snarky and condescending.

People who disagree with you are not just wrong... but they are the most wrong that anyone has ever been in the history of mankind.
People who don't see what you see don't just disagree...but they clearly do not understand how the game of football works.
etc.
etc.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
This. I don't think that you see it - and maybe you are this way in real life, too - but nearly ALL of your comments are snarky and condescending.

People who disagree with you are not just wrong... but they are the most wrong that anyone has ever been in the history of mankind.
People who don't see what you see don't just disagree...but they clearly do not understand how the game of football works.
etc.
etc.

The saddest thing about the above post is I've been infracted for saying something similar. It is what it is.

This case is different, though. It's more like 2 people committing the same crime and only one of them gets arrested.

lets move on.
[ Edited by InHarbsWeTrust on Sep 6, 2013 at 10:02 AM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

This case is different, though. It's more like 2 people committing the same crime and only one of them gets arrested.

lets move on.

As if this needs to be said again, but basically everything you say (especially when it comes to Smith) is demeaning towards the person posting. A) I wasn't directing the comment at you, and B) I don't think I was even taking a "jab" at anyone. It's the truth. Alex Smith has been a successful QB, he has won games, he's been efficient, and he has the statistics to back it up. He doesn't have huge compilations of numbers, he's not flashy, and he's not a boom/bust type QB like Kaepernick. He's also soft spoken and doesn't speak badly about his teammates or coaches - he basically does nothing to draw attention to himself. So YES, it takes a different type of fan, a fan who is willing to look beyond the first layer (the "eye test" lol) to see the positiveness of Smith's game.

For the 3rd time now, HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE ARTICLE? Why would you even reply if you didn't even take the time to read an opinion that differs from yours? And for God's sake man, if you don't want to hear about or talk about Alex Smith, GO AWAY. He's not on the team anymore. This thread is for people who because of their affinity for Smith, have taken an interest in the Chiefs. Nothing wrong with that. The 49ers are still our team, we'd just like to see "our guy" do well in his new uniform.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

etc.
etc.

The saddest thing about the above post is I've been infracted for saying something similar. It is what it is.

We disagree on the saddest aspect of this, to be sure.

Here's the thing: What I posted was not inflammatory - I didn't call you names, etc. - I simply pointed out my observations and gave you the benefit of the doubt: maybe you DON'T realize that you typically come off very poorly in writing. I would say those things to someone in person in a reasonable tone as part of a discussion. I also stand by them and would bet that many many other here see the same. Indeed, I bet that you'd be hard pressed to find someone who did not think that the TONE of your posts makes you come off poorly: Much of what you say to others is written such that if you said it to their face, the situation may take a bad turn. That said, you are clearly knowledgeable about football and could bring a lot to the forum if you didn't come off as you do.

Example:

P1 - "I think Smith is a good QB. He's just had a tough history."
P2 - "Disagree. The stats show that he stinks on third down and only checks down."
etc. etc

v. this:

P1 - "I think Smith is a good QB. He's just had a tough history."
InHarbsWeTrust - "Do you even watch American football? You clearly don't, as this is the most asinine statement that I've ever read."

If you cannot see the difference, I just don't know what else to say.

Because of this history, I have a hard time feeling sorry for you or agreeing that you are a victim.

Moving on...
oh, dear Jeebus, can we already?

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/5/4697870/chiefs-vs-jaguars-2013-alex-smith-jamaal-charles-offense-prediction

Alex Smith acknowledged what we've known all along. The Chiefs have not shown everything they can do offensively in the preseason. "We certainly worked on our entire offense through camp, but yeah, there are parts of it that we may not show during preseason," Alex said on Wednesday. The Chiefs have a new coach, new QB and a new offensive system. They are at an advantage, if you think about it, because other teams aren't exactly sure how to prepare, especially if the Chiefs have been going "vanilla" in the preseason. However, the same goes for the Jaguars. New coach and a new system in Jacksonville, too. "It's tough because there's limited film," Alex said of the Jaguars and HC Gus Bradley, who came to Jacksonville this year from Seattle. "There's only the four preseason games and then it goes back to that same thing, are they showing everything or not? "It's really just trying to prepare yourself for anything. You know that you will have to be ready for some in-game adjustments. Come Sunday, I'm sure they will have a couple of things that they haven't shown in preseason that we will have to adjust to. That's going to be a part of the game as well."

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/5/4697870/chiefs-vs-jaguars-2013-alex-smith-jamaal-charles-offense-prediction

Alex Smith acknowledged what we've known all along. The Chiefs have not shown everything they can do offensively in the preseason. "We certainly worked on our entire offense through camp, but yeah, there are parts of it that we may not show during preseason," Alex said on Wednesday. The Chiefs have a new coach, new QB and a new offensive system. They are at an advantage, if you think about it, because other teams aren't exactly sure how to prepare, especially if the Chiefs have been going "vanilla" in the preseason. However, the same goes for the Jaguars. New coach and a new system in Jacksonville, too. "It's tough because there's limited film," Alex said of the Jaguars and HC Gus Bradley, who came to Jacksonville this year from Seattle. "There's only the four preseason games and then it goes back to that same thing, are they showing everything or not? "It's really just trying to prepare yourself for anything. You know that you will have to be ready for some in-game adjustments. Come Sunday, I'm sure they will have a couple of things that they haven't shown in preseason that we will have to adjust to. That's going to be a part of the game as well."
i think i might DVR this game
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i think i might DVR this game

Oh, I have no doubt that you will, if you are able.

And if you are not able to and don't watch it, I suspect you will claim to have anyway.. just to twist the box scores into your very own.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Moving on...

So did you read the article?
Moving on...

So did you read the article?

Drop it, please. Let's move on as stated...
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

I wouldn't get my hopes up. That was a recurring conversation in Niner Talk- about how we were "hiding" the offense in preseason and whenever regular season came up, we weren't actually hiding anything...we were just a conservative offense.

Have a feeling this may be the same situation...again and I think it does have a lot to do with the QB. If a QB's strength is to be efficient, then curve balls do not need to be thrown. Alex could be the Greg Maddux of football. He may be able to excel in a wide-open offense but that would be deviating from what he prefers to do on the field.
Share 49ersWebzone