There are 250 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• dj43
Originally posted by Jakemall:
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/1/4684932/alex-smith-and-the-run-game-alex-smith-and-the-defense-alex-smith-in

Thought this was a great read.

It was a nice piece, and though it covered ground we have all noted here to some degree before, it did it in a deeper and more cohesive manner.

One thing stands out; RZ efficiency. This is one that drives me crazy. Alex Smith, as noted in this article, had been lights out until HaRo came along and then we see this very predictable, ultra conservative approach and the RZ efficiency dives. What the heck! If Harbaugh is such an inspirational coach, and Roman is such a creative genius, why did RZ efficiency plummet when they arrived. As noted by the author, I'll take the pre-Harbaugh Smith any day.

I won't go through all the rest of his piece but I feel there is a great deal of truth there backed up by some good research.

I'm staying with a 9 win season for the Chiefs and a wild card berth.
Originally posted by dj43:
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/1/4684932/alex-smith-and-the-run-game-alex-smith-and-the-defense-alex-smith-in

It was a nice piece, and though it covered ground we have all noted here to some degree before, it did it in a deeper and more cohesive manner.

One thing stands out; RZ efficiency. This is one that drives me crazy. Alex Smith, as noted in this article, had been lights out until HaRo came along and then we see this very predictable, ultra conservative approach and the RZ efficiency dives. What the heck! If Harbaugh is such an inspirational coach, and Roman is such a creative genius, why did RZ efficiency plummet when they arrived. As noted by the author, I'll take the pre-Harbaugh Smith any day.

I won't go through all the rest of his piece but I feel there is a great deal of truth there backed up by some good research.

You can have the alex smith that gets booed off the field he was so horrible

you are f**king delusional. You can't possibly be serious! The guy was a bum before the niners hired harbaugh, and if he hadnt stayedo n he would have enjoyed the rest of his career as a david-carr-style backup or played in the CFL.
Originally posted by xtm059:

you are f**king delusional. You can't possibly be serious! The guy was a bum before the niners hired harbaugh, and if he hadnt stayedo n he would have enjoyed the rest of his career as a david-carr-style backup or played in the CFL.

Yes, he was booed. That just shows the level of intelligence of the average fan that they didn't understand that he was by far the best QB on the roster at that time.

By the way....watch the personal insults...they will get you warned or banned.

I'm sorry that you feel so strongly about Alex. I'm rather surprised that you're so excited by this topic considering that he's no longer with the team. BTW, did you even read the article? My guess is that you didn't..or that you dismissed it without considering the facts.

Joecool did read it...and his comments as far as the weakness of the article were spot on. I'm not sure that they make a difference, but the questions should be asked when referencing the data and opinion of the quoted article.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Andy Reid Motivates Chiefs With Inspirational Speech About Great Burrito Place

link
Originally posted by jrg:
Andy Reid Motivates Chiefs With Inspirational Speech About Great Burrito Place

link

They should call it the funion.

This was really not necessary.
  • dj43

Yes, he was booed. That just shows the level of intelligence of the average fan that they didn't understand that he was by far the best QB on the roster at that time.

By the way....watch the personal insults...they will get you warned or banned.

I'm sorry that you feel so strongly about Alex. I'm rather surprised that you're so excited by this topic considering that he's no longer with the team. BTW, did you even read the article? My guess is that you didn't..or that you dismissed it without considering the facts.

Joecool did read it...and his comments as far as the weakness of the article were spot on. I'm not sure that they make a difference, but the questions should be asked when referencing the data and opinion of the quoted article.

Looks like a little whirlwind hit this thread for a bit there.

As I said above, I am looking for a definite improvement in red zone offense this season. Last season was a big disappointment in that regard and it cost us at the end of the Super Bowl. Smith was very good with a spread offense and multiple receivers in the RZ in the past. It is also worth noting that Seattle killed the 49ers with that alignment last season as well.
[ Edited by dj43 on Sep 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM ]
  • dj43
Not that it means a whole lot but the latest ESPN power rankings have the Chiefs at 19, right in with a group of 5 teams that were right at the 8 win mark last season.
Not that it means a whole lot but the latest ESPN power rankings have the Chiefs at 19, right in with a group of 5 teams that were right at the 8 win mark last season.

I think they will be better this year. Alex Smith + Andy Reid + Eric Fisher has to have some effect. I think the win total goes up. How much? Nobody knows at this point. 8 would be great for us.
I think the Chiefs make the playoffs with Alex.

In Madden 25 the 49ers have KC's second rounder for the 2014 draft. PROPHECY...?
I picked KC in both my pick'em leagues
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Great read. Again, might be too complex for today's generation of "Sportscenter Top 10 Plays" type of fan. But for an old-school guy like me, I love it. I appreciate Kaepernick's athleticism and ability and it's marvelous to watch. But there is just something special about a QB who grinds out victories. I really hope Smith plays well in KC.
KC -3.5
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I picked KC in both my pick'em leagues

You covered your bases... smart. Now, if KC wins, you have something to smile about. If the lose, you will have a celebration.

Go take a shower to wash away your shame.
Share 49ersWebzone