LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Packers vs. Chiefs preseason 2013: 5 things to watch for at Arrowhead

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/29/4667592/packers-vs-chiefs-preseason-2013-updates/in/4436145

Don't look for the starters. It's the fourth preseason game. We aren't learning anything new about Jamaal Charles, Alex Smith or Tamba Hali. Only bad things happen when you put prominent players in for the fourth preseason game. Remember Tony Moeaki against the Packers a few years ago? Yeah, torn ACL. I'd be just fine with the Chiefs taking a knee for 60 minutes.

That would be hilarious.

Remember when NFL teams actually used preseason to games to get ready for the season? Playing time for the ones increases as preseason goes on as opposed to decreasing?
  • dj43
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think Andy Reid will be the Harbaugh of 2011. Real conservative offense early. Lean on the defense to keep the game close. Mistakes on offense to the minimum. High percentage football. Give your team a chance to win at the end of the game. Let the offense evolved and catchup to speed. I think Smith will be a very good leader on offense for them in terms of keeping the other offensive guys motivated and focus, because he went through almost the exact same situation in 2011. They will be down and behind in some games just like 2011. And hopefully Smith and their offense can respond like the Niners in 2011.

That Chiefs defense will have to be a top defense in order for the team to be successful. I looked at the Chiefs schedule and if the D plays well, I can see them winning 10 games. They have a very easy schedule. In the 1st 9 weeks, they will only face 1 pro bowl QB. Should be a walk in the park.

Your bias is showing. The Chiefs offense was quite good last season until Quinn/Cassell gave the ball away. The number of giveaways in the opponent's end was crushing. If all the do is play up to the level that had last season, and not give the ball away, they will win 10 games and dominate TOP.
  • dj43
Originally posted by outside4949:
I was looking at some games from last year. I wonder if alex has problems with depth perception? A lot of time he drops back with a great drop and it looks like his mechanics hold up through the release. but the ball strays to short or to far. If it was just inaccuracy you would think he would be missing right and left and not just high and low. I hope he has a good year. its to bad he went to such a bad team with an overrated coach.

Smith completed a 25 yard seam pass last week that was PERFECT. Like right in the hands in stride. You could call it luck except he has done the same thing with VD.
  • dj43
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
I think Andy Reid will be the Harbaugh of 2011. Real conservative offense early. Lean on the defense to keep the game close. Mistakes on offense to the minimum. High percentage football. Give your team a chance to win at the end of the game. Let the offense evolved and catchup to speed. I think Smith will be a very good leader on offense for them in terms of keeping the other offensive guys motivated and focus, because he went through almost the exact same situation in 2011. They will be down and behind in some games just like 2011. And hopefully Smith and their offense can respond like the Niners in 2011.

That Chiefs defense will have to be a top defense in order for the team to be successful. I looked at the Chiefs schedule and if the D plays well, I can see them winning 10 games. They have a very easy schedule. In the 1st 9 weeks, they will only face 1 pro bowl QB. Should be a walk in the park.

I was impressed with their defense since 2011. But somewhere along the way it tanked in 2012. I think like everyone else, it has something to do with the turnovers on offense contributing to the bad defense. Seems like they are very decent to good against the run and well disciplined. They needed some pass rushers and a solid secondary. They may get that this year. 2-14 is a bad team, but they do have talent on both side to have the potential to turn that around quickly.

Hali and Houston can bring the heat. Dontari Poe has shown the ability to get excellent push up the middle. If the offense can stay on the field long enough to give those guys some rest, they will have no trouble rushing the passer. I would argue they now have the best pass rush in the division. Denver without Dumervil is less potent and with Miller now showing some maturity issues (and gone for 6 games), they are no longer in the same class as Hali/Houston.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I was looking at some games from last year. I wonder if alex has problems with depth perception? A lot of time he drops back with a great drop and it looks like his mechanics hold up through the release. but the ball strays to short or to far. If it was just inaccuracy you would think he would be missing right and left and not just high and low. I hope he has a good year. its to bad he went to such a bad team with an overrated coach.

He needs glasses?

Now he can see past 10 yards!
Originally posted by aTx49er:

He needs glasses?

And the covered receivers looked wide open.
Originally posted by aTx49er:

He needs glasses?

And the covered receivers looked wide open.

Lol.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
hello chiefs fans did AJ have any catches ?
Originally posted by susweel:

haha

but seriously he had 2 catches

i lol'd

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

i lol'd

We ripped them off on that deal big time. Receiver who can get open but may dropl a few for a receiver who drops himself.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM ]
I'm watching NFL preseason live on rewind and AJ Jenkins tripped, almost fell down, was super late on his route and the QB threw in interception on one of their first plays as a result.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm watching NFL preseason live on rewind and AJ Jenkins tripped, almost fell down, was super late on his route and the QB threw in interception on one of their first plays as a result.....

Some things never change
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Some things never change

I'm serious. You guys should all watch it. It's in the 1st quarter highlights.
I'm serious. You guys should all watch it. It's in the 1st quarter highlights.

Oh, I saw it. Pure comedy lol.
Share 49ersWebzone