LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Can we stop with the Chief updates then ?

Says the 2nd highest poster in this thread...by a large margin. You can't help yourself can you?

Originally posted by kidash98:
You can start now by ignoring this thread altogether and let those who want to discuss the Chiefs alone.

What's so hard to understand about that?

I suspect if there wasn't slamming on Alex to provoke those who remain pro-Alex that this thread would have remained a lot more on the Chiefs as opposed to just about Alex as it almost has become. And before talk of a two way street comes up, those who are ANTI-alex or Anti-anything non 49ers, don't have much reason to be here and probably shouldn't get upset about any comments made that are extremely favorable to Alex.

Just from my own personal perspective, there should be a place for those of us who still like Alex to talk about him and his new team without getting into a battle with those people who still harbor resentment towards him. It's up to Webbie to decide if that place is here (in the NFL TALK) or on another website.

This times 1,000. The haters got their wish, Alex is no longer on the team. I think it's okay that some of us still value Alex as a person, player, and QB. We're intrigued to see what he can do with a fresh start, a team built around him, and much lower expectations. I just cannot for the life of me figure out why people who hate him still go out of their way to bash him.

Feel free to discuss the Chiefs and their QB. If another poster comes in here and incite, whether pro or anti, just let me know. I'll take care of 'em.

Anyway, in hopes of getting this thread back on track, I've watched all of the Chiefs pre-season games and they look like a solid team. They remind me a lot of the 2011 49ers. If they can play defense at 1/2 to 3/4 of what the 2011 49ers did, they will be very successful. Their offense may be even better, since the 2011 49ers had no one on Bowe or Charles' level. The key is the offensive line, they need to come together quickly.

Yes, the OL is going to be the huge factor. So many questions there.

First, will they gel quickly enough together in this new scheme? Will they know who to block when the D send the overloads? Defenses will test that out early and often.

Branden Albert had some kind of back concerns going into this season. He is on a 1 year deal, so I imagine he will do all he can to earn that big FA money to come. The interior OL is troubling at times. Jeff Allen has looked rather poor at G, and could see a real push from Schwartz... Hudson at C seems to lack an anchor... Asamoah is good.. not flawless, but good. Then there's Fisher the rook... who has been hard to evaluate, as he is playing through multiple injuries.

If these guys can hang around the middle of the pack in the League, this offense can be pretty effective. They will need Charles, Bowe, Fasano and Avery to stay healthy.
Anyway, in hopes of getting this thread back on track, I've watched all of the Chiefs pre-season games and they look like a solid team. They remind me a lot of the 2011 49ers. If they can play defense at 1/2 to 3/4 of what the 2011 49ers did, they will be very successful. Their offense may be even better, since the 2011 49ers had no one on Bowe or Charles' level. The key is the offensive line, they need to come together quickly.

I suspect the line will continue to be an issue. I don't think it will resolve itself quickly. I believe they'll have to game plan for it...meaning that every time that there is a deep play call, there's an underneath route or two to check down with.
Feel free to discuss the Chiefs and their QB. If another poster comes in here and incite, whether pro or anti, just let me know. I'll take care of 'em.

Hope this goes to the rest of us too. If so, mae sure to check your PMs tonight, tomorrow, and every day that follows. They can not help themselves.

Just so I'm clear. This thread is no different than the Lakers thread in the other sports forum? This is mainly for fans of the team??

It's like inception with a fan forum of a team within a fan forum of another team?

My brain hurts...so...hard...to...resist.
I suspect the line will continue to be an issue. I don't think it will resolve itself quickly. I believe they'll have to game plan for it...meaning that every time that there is a deep play call, there's an underneath route or two to check down with.

They have shown us next to nothing, as far as hot routes. I have to think that.. like SF in 2011.. they just haven't installed them yet... but that's still very concerning.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Yet the honest truth is, the only reason this thread even exists in the NFL Talk forum is because of Alex Smith.

You don't see any "How many games will the Dolphins win" popping up.

So if it's here because of Smith, does it not make sense to include him in the conversation, whether the feedback is positive or negative?

This thread is about the chances of a third round pick owned by the 49ers becoming a second round pick for us.

Posters that continue to fight battles over thequarterbackwhoisnolongerhere should either talk to their priest or shrink.

But the reason that potential pick even exists is.....
Packers vs. Chiefs preseason 2013: 5 things to watch for at Arrowhead

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/29/4667592/packers-vs-chiefs-preseason-2013-updates/in/4436145

Don't look for the starters. It's the fourth preseason game. We aren't learning anything new about Jamaal Charles, Alex Smith or Tamba Hali. Only bad things happen when you put prominent players in for the fourth preseason game. Remember Tony Moeaki against the Packers a few years ago? Yeah, torn ACL. I'd be just fine with the Chiefs taking a knee for 60 minutes.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Packers vs. Chiefs preseason 2013: 5 things to watch for at Arrowhead

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/29/4667592/packers-vs-chiefs-preseason-2013-updates/in/4436145

Don't look for the starters. It's the fourth preseason game. We aren't learning anything new about Jamaal Charles, Alex Smith or Tamba Hali. Only bad things happen when you put prominent players in for the fourth preseason game. Remember Tony Moeaki against the Packers a few years ago? Yeah, torn ACL. I'd be just fine with the Chiefs taking a knee for 60 minutes.

That would be hilarious.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Some people have just allowed their football IQ to be affected by Sportscenter. There isn't much that Smith does that is flashy, brilliant, or highlight worthy. That doesn't make him a bad QB, but for those that yearn for highlights, they're constantly left unsatisfied. It takes a true student of the game to appreciate what Smith brings to a team, and as a QB.

Oh give me a break. You don't need to be influenced by SportsCenter to see that Smith is a middle of the road QB. It takes a true student of the game to be able to tell regardless of stats that a QB's play or numbers are deceiving. It's why people were able to tell that Kolb trade to Arizona was dumb. It's why people thought despite his good numbers, Flynn was a terrible QB. It's why despite putting up great numbers, people thought Phillip Rivers was successful due to his receivers being athletic enough to catch his jump balls. I consider myself a true student of the game. I don't rely on stats to prop one QB over or another or rely on some nice plays to do that either.

Oh this is pure comedy.

Originally posted by aTx49er:
Oh this is pure comedy.

I was considering responding, but I didn't want to be accused of making a personal attack.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Yet the honest truth is, the only reason this thread even exists in the NFL Talk forum is because of Alex Smith.

You don't see any "How many games will the Dolphins win" popping up.

So if it's here because of Smith, does it not make sense to include him in the conversation, whether the feedback is positive or negative?

This thread is about the chances of a third round pick owned by the 49ers becoming a second round pick for us.

Posters that continue to fight battles over thequarterbackwhoisnolongerhere should either talk to their priest or shrink.

Well, that depends. Some may think Alex may be a key reason why Chiefs may or may not win 8 games. The QB usually is.

I already stated that this thread is about "HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE CHIEFS WIN," not specifically about the QB but the team altogether.

While some will make this about AS, I encourage those folks not to. The QB doesn't win games by himself.

Can we stop with the Chief updates then ?

This thread is about the Chiefs W/L record so updates would be relevant......
  • dj43
On technicality, it is. But the question raised was "How many games will the Chiefs win" not "how many games will AS win."

As stated, a good debate can be had if done properly even with the infamous one included in the subject. It's when AS becomes the focus and those that are pro/anti gets into it that it becomes redundant and tiresome.

It's a simple request we are asking each and all of those who frequent this thread: discuss the subject with civility and don't incite others. The same exact thing we've always asked when it came to the infamous one. Whether he was a Niner, or in this case, not.

When is the QB ever not the focus of a team's winning or losing?

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Comparing the Chiefs with their division rivals' starters, on paper they look pretty good.

Chiefs
QB Alex Smith
RB Jamaal Charles
FB Anthony Sherman
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Donnie Avery
TE Anthony Fasano
TE Travis Kelce
LT Branden Albert
LG Jeff Allen
C Rodney Hudson
RG Jon Asamoah
RT Eric Fisher

DE Tyson Jackson
NT Dontari Poe
DE Mike DeVito
OLB Justin Houston
ILB Akeem Jordan
ILB Derrick Johnson
OLB Tamba Hali
CB Brandon Flowers
CB Sean Smith
FS Kendrick Lewis
SS Eric Berry

With the exception of the Broncos, they should beat everyone in the division. The big concern, imo, is the offensive line. It SEEMS to be getting better, but it reminds me of the 2011 season here with the rough start. We'll see if it works out as well for them as it did for us.

As Eric Fisher learns the pro game, he, along with Jon Asomoah (Pro-Bowl alternate) could prove to be a very good pair on the right side. On the left is Brandon Albert who is a stud. LS and C are the question marks but it must be noted that Jamaal Charles ran for 1,500 behind the same guys MINUS Fisher. I have seen all three Chiefs' PS games and Fisher looks like the real deal. Great footwork and very strong with a mean streak. He finishes blocks and goes looking for more. Bodes well for the future.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Oh this is pure comedy.

typical response. No surprise.
I was considering responding, but I didn't want to be accused of making a personal attack.

Good call.
Share 49ersWebzone