There are 252 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Yet the honest truth is, the only reason this thread even exists in the NFL Talk forum is because of Alex Smith.

You don't see any "How many games will the Dolphins win" popping up.

So if it's here because of Smith, does it not make sense to include him in the conversation, whether the feedback is positive or negative?

This thread is about the chances of a third round pick owned by the 49ers becoming a second round pick for us.

Posters that continue to fight battles over thequarterbackwhoisnolongerhere should either talk to their priest or shrink.

Well, that depends. Some may think Alex may be a key reason why Chiefs may or may not win 8 games. The QB usually is.

I already stated that this thread is about "HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE CHIEFS WIN," not specifically about the QB but the team altogether.

While some will make this about AS, I encourage those folks not to. The QB doesn't win games by himself.

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Comparing the Chiefs with their division rivals' starters, on paper they look pretty good.

Yeah, most seem to agree with you on this. They are a bit questionable on the OL... don't yet love their DE depth.. don't like their WR depth behind Bowe and Avery much.. Most teams have some issues, whether injuries or simply lack of proven talent. We'll see if the coaches can get these players starting out with some cohesion.

Agree for the most part. I think there are some questions beyond the first 2 WRs. Dexter McCluster has the speed, hopefully he can learn to work on his hands. Aj Jenkins is a project that may or may not pan out, but I'm kinda interested to see what happens with Junior Hemingway. He had a big play that now has him on the coaching radar as an up arrow.

I think with Fasano and Kelce being good receiving threats, that should help. Andy Reid gives the Chiefs arguably the best coach in their division. They have a very good secondary so if they can rush the passer decently, they should win at least 8 games.
Originally posted by kidash98:
Yet the honest truth is, the only reason this thread even exists in the NFL Talk forum is because of Alex Smith.

So if it's here because of Smith, does it not make sense to include him in the conversation, whether the feedback is positive or negative?

This thread is about the chances of a third round pick owned by the 49ers becoming a second round pick for us.

Posters that continue to fight battles over thequarterbackwhoisnolongerhere should either talk to their priest or shrink.

Well, that depends. Some may think Alex may be a key reason why Chiefs may or may not win 8 games. The QB usually is.

I already stated that this thread is about "HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE CHIEFS WIN," not specifically about the QB but the team altogether.

While some will make this about AS, I encourage those folks not to. The QB doesn't win games by himself.

Can we stop with the Chief updates then ?
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think Andy Reid will be the Harbaugh of 2011. Real conservative offense early. Lean on the defense to keep the game close. Mistakes on offense to the minimum. High percentage football. Give your team a chance to win at the end of the game. Let the offense evolved and catchup to speed. I think Smith will be a very good leader on offense for them in terms of keeping the other offensive guys motivated and focus, because he went through almost the exact same situation in 2011. They will be down and behind in some games just like 2011. And hopefully Smith and their offense can respond like the Niners in 2011.

That Chiefs defense will have to be a top defense in order for the team to be successful. I looked at the Chiefs schedule and if the D plays well, I can see them winning 10 games. They have a very easy schedule. In the 1st 9 weeks, they will only face 1 pro bowl QB. Should be a walk in the park.

I was impressed with their defense since 2011. But somewhere along the way it tanked in 2012. I think like everyone else, it has something to do with the turnovers on offense contributing to the bad defense. Seems like they are very decent to good against the run and well disciplined. They needed some pass rushers and a solid secondary. They may get that this year. 2-14 is a bad team, but they do have talent on both side to have the potential to turn that around quickly.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM ]
Anyone who denies that this thread is about Alex Smith and Alex Smith alone is only fooling themselves. Seriously, nobody gave a rats ass about the Chiefs prior to Alex Smith being traded. Once Smith is off the Chiefs, you'll never hear about them again on this forum.
There is no way to follow the Chiefs this year and root for a higher pick if you can't talk about the QB, imo. Just not gonna happen.

You have to ask how come every other player in the NFL can be criticized except for Alex Smith? Makes absolutely zero sense. This is a new year for him with a new team so the jury is definitely out!
Cassell and Quinn played like dogshti so of course, after giving up some decent picks for ASmith with the niners involved , of course the qb will have eyes on him.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Sure, don't read this thread. Just skip it altogether and pay it no attention.

Originally posted by verb1der:
There is no way to follow the Chiefs this year and root for a higher pick if you can't talk about the QB, imo. Just not gonna happen.

You have to ask how come every other player in the NFL can be criticized except for Alex Smith? Makes absolutely zero sense. This is a new year for him with a new team so the jury is definitely out!

Never said you can't talk about the QB, just don't make it a b***hfest about him.

Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
Anyone who denies that this thread is about Alex Smith and Alex Smith alone is only fooling themselves. Seriously, nobody gave a rats ass about the Chiefs prior to Alex Smith being traded. Once Smith is off the Chiefs, you'll never hear about them again on this forum.

You can start now by ignoring this thread altogether and let those who want to discuss the Chiefs alone.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Originally posted by verb1der:

Never said you can't talk about the QB, just don't make it a b***hfest about him.

Well any kind of negative criticism pretty much gets spun as a "b*tchfest". But I hear you!

Says the 2nd highest poster in this thread...by a large margin. You can't help yourself can you?

You can start now by ignoring this thread altogether and let those who want to discuss the Chiefs alone.

I suspect if there wasn't slamming on Alex to provoke those who remain pro-Alex that this thread would have remained a lot more on the Chiefs as opposed to just about Alex as it almost has become. And before talk of a two way street comes up, those who are ANTI-alex or Anti-anything non 49ers, don't have much reason to be here and probably shouldn't get upset about any comments made that are extremely favorable to Alex.

Just from my own personal perspective, there should be a place for those of us who still like Alex to talk about him and his new team without getting into a battle with those people who still harbor resentment towards him. It's up to Webbie to decide if that place is here (in the NFL TALK) or on another website.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Says the 2nd highest poster in this thread...by a large margin. You can't help yourself can you?

I suspect if there wasn't slamming on Alex to provoke those who remain pro-Alex that this thread would have remained a lot more on the Chiefs as opposed to just about Alex as it almost has become. And before talk of a two way street comes up, those who are ANTI-alex or Anti-anything non 49ers, don't have much reason to be here and probably shouldn't get upset about any comments made that are extremely favorable to Alex.

Just from my own personal perspective, there should be a place for those of us who still like Alex to talk about him and his new team without getting into a battle with those people who still harbor resentment towards him. It's up to Webbie to decide if that place is here (in the NFL TALK) or on another website.

This times 1,000. The haters got their wish, Alex is no longer on the team. I think it's okay that some of us still value Alex as a person, player, and QB. We're intrigued to see what he can do with a fresh start, a team built around him, and much lower expectations. I just cannot for the life of me figure out why people who hate him still go out of their way to bash him.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Anyway, in hopes of getting this thread back on track, I've watched all of the Chiefs pre-season games and they look like a solid team. They remind me a lot of the 2011 49ers. If they can play defense at 1/2 to 3/4 of what the 2011 49ers did, they will be very successful. Their offense may be even better, since the 2011 49ers had no one on Bowe or Charles' level. The key is the offensive line, they need to come together quickly.

This.

I wanted to post interesting KC updates as I found them, and discuss with objective people how KC looked... what worked, and didn't work from week to week.

The slightest mention of Alex doing well? in rush the detractors that claim they are happy he is gone so they don't have to talk about him... yet here they come daily to this thread to talk about him.

It's not going to get better when the regular season comes. It will only get worse. Keep those people from posting in here by slapping 25% on them each time they stir it up... or just lock it up now and save everyone and yourselves (mods) the effort. People here will never be mature and level-headed enough to discuss KC without mentioning Alex.. and mentioning Alex only causes the b*tchfest, because the detractors can not restrain themselves.
Share 49ersWebzone