There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,539
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Yet the honest truth is, the only reason this thread even exists in the NFL Talk forum is because of Alex Smith.

You don't see any "How many games will the Dolphins win" popping up.

So if it's here because of Smith, does it not make sense to include him in the conversation, whether the feedback is positive or negative?

This thread is about the chances of a third round pick owned by the 49ers becoming a second round pick for us.

Posters that continue to fight battles over thequarterbackwhoisnolongerhere should either talk to their priest or shrink.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Yet the honest truth is, the only reason this thread even exists in the NFL Talk forum is because of Alex Smith.

You don't see any "How many games will the Dolphins win" popping up.

So if it's here because of Smith, does it not make sense to include him in the conversation, whether the feedback is positive or negative?

This thread is about the chances of a third round pick owned by the 49ers becoming a second round pick for us.

Posters that continue to fight battles over thequarterbackwhoisnolongerhere should either talk to their priest or shrink.

Well, that depends. Some may think Alex may be a key reason why Chiefs may or may not win 8 games. The QB usually is.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,539
Originally posted by Joecool:
Well, that depends. Some may think Alex may be a key reason why Chiefs may or may not win 8 games. The QB usually is.

Some will always find a reason to look up a dead horse's arse, also.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Well, that depends. Some may think Alex may be a key reason why Chiefs may or may not win 8 games. The QB usually is.

Some will always find a reason to look up a dead horse's arse, also.

You mean like stating what this thread is about?
I was looking at some games from last year. I wonder if alex has problems with depth perception? A lot of time he drops back with a great drop and it looks like his mechanics hold up through the release. but the ball strays to short or to far. If it was just inaccuracy you would think he would be missing right and left and not just high and low. I hope he has a good year. its to bad he went to such a bad team with an overrated coach.
Originally posted by outside4949:
I was looking at some games from last year. I wonder if alex has problems with depth perception? A lot of time he drops back with a great drop and it looks like his mechanics hold up through the release. but the ball strays to short or to far. If it was just inaccuracy you would think he would be missing right and left and not just high and low. I hope he has a good year. its to bad he went to such a bad team with an overrated coach.

He needs glasses?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,057
i think i will actually discuss what this thread is supposed to be about. i see no reason why this team can not win 9 games and get a wildcard spot. If they over achieve i think they are the only team in that division to challenge denver and I still think denver and manning was a one year wonder. i think manning will end up looking like joe namath in rams yellow and unitas in charger blue at the end of their career, sad and pathetic.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i think i will actually discuss what this thread is supposed to be about. i see no reason why this team can not win 9 games and get a wildcard spot. If they over achieve i think they are the only team in that division to challenge denver and I still think denver and manning was a one year wonder. i think manning will end up looking like joe namath in rams yellow and unitas in charger blue at the end of their career, sad and pathetic.

I think that's going a bit far. Manning looked pretty damn good, imo. What will be different is that the defense fell apart. I don't think he can carry the team this year. They'll go to the play-offs and be one and done. Denver is still the team to beat in that division until proven otherwise. KC is the only other team that is likely to give them a run.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,057
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i think i will actually discuss what this thread is supposed to be about. i see no reason why this team can not win 9 games and get a wildcard spot. If they over achieve i think they are the only team in that division to challenge denver and I still think denver and manning was a one year wonder. i think manning will end up looking like joe namath in rams yellow and unitas in charger blue at the end of their career, sad and pathetic.

I think that's going a bit far. Manning looked pretty damn good, imo. What will be different is that the defense fell apart. I don't think he can carry the team this year. They'll go to the play-offs and be one and done. Denver is still the team to beat in that division until proven otherwise. KC is the only other team that is likely to give them a run.
you are probably right bud. I just hate manning so much!! there is no way the chiefs can be worse than what they were last year both on the field and with the sad stuff that took place off the field. if alex gets hurt, they do have a problem unless they have some decent backup. they also do not have the depth at running back that other teams like us do so that could be an issue. You are right, second place is very attainable. I have anger issues with manning
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by outside4949:
I was looking at some games from last year. I wonder if alex has problems with depth perception? A lot of time he drops back with a great drop and it looks like his mechanics hold up through the release. but the ball strays to short or to far. If it was just inaccuracy you would think he would be missing right and left and not just high and low. I hope he has a good year. its to bad he went to such a bad team with an overrated coach.

He needs glasses?

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,057
jake and i are trying
Originally posted by cciowa:
jake and i are trying

You guys are doing the tragedy albeit Manning, I'm trying to do the comedy
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,057
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by cciowa:
jake and i are trying

You guys are doing the tragedy albeit Manning, I'm trying to do the comedy
i knew i picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Yet the honest truth is, the only reason this thread even exists in the NFL Talk forum is because of Alex Smith.

You don't see any "How many games will the Dolphins win" popping up.

So if it's here because of Smith, does it not make sense to include him in the conversation, whether the feedback is positive or negative?

This thread is about the chances of a third round pick owned by the 49ers becoming a second round pick for us.

Posters that continue to fight battles over thequarterbackwhoisnolongerhere should either talk to their priest or shrink.

Well, that depends. Some may think Alex may be a key reason why Chiefs may or may not win 8 games. The QB usually is.

I already stated that this thread is about "HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE CHIEFS WIN," not specifically about the QB but the team altogether.

While some will make this about AS, I encourage those folks not to. The QB doesn't win games by himself.

- 98
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Comparing the Chiefs with their division rivals' starters, on paper they look pretty good.

Yeah, most seem to agree with you on this. They are a bit questionable on the OL... don't yet love their DE depth.. don't like their WR depth behind Bowe and Avery much.. Most teams have some issues, whether injuries or simply lack of proven talent. We'll see if the coaches can get these players starting out with some cohesion.


Agree for the most part. I think there are some questions beyond the first 2 WRs. Dexter McCluster has the speed, hopefully he can learn to work on his hands. Aj Jenkins is a project that may or may not pan out, but I'm kinda interested to see what happens with Junior Hemingway. He had a big play that now has him on the coaching radar as an up arrow.

I think with Fasano and Kelce being good receiving threats, that should help. Andy Reid gives the Chiefs arguably the best coach in their division. They have a very good secondary so if they can rush the passer decently, they should win at least 8 games.