There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Jeff Rosen ‏@jeff_rosen8830m
D-Bowe steals show: "I don't know if you'll be seeing many of those one-handed catches this year. (Alex Smith) knows where to put the ball."

lol
Originally posted by hofer36:
i guess the steelers didnt get game film from the chiefs prior game
Yep. The blueprint is out on ole Alex. Take away the long pass (that so many are convinced he sux at, so why even take away the deep pass?) and keep all the short catches short of the sticks... cuz Jeebus knows there's no such thing as YAC like ever!

Everyone has the blueprint on Alex for the last 8 years! It isn't as if he was the 9th best in passer rating in the 2011 season and 1st in rating last season.

Oh... wait. Now, I has a confused.

Yeah, it worked out really well for AZ..remember that game? 18 for 19?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Jeff Rosen ‏@jeff_rosen8830m
D-Bowe steals show: "I don't know if you'll be seeing many of those one-handed catches this year. (Alex Smith) knows where to put the ball."

lol

yeah..right to J Charles
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
They all use the dink and dunk. There's 1 similarity for you....

For your self profess NFL junky, I'm surprise you don't see that.

There is nothing similar to their games, even the most novice football watcher can see that. Alex's entire game is the dink and dunk (famously called "ball control"). Everyone and their mother knows that. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers and the elites use everything out in their arsenal...and they've done that for a good decade (not a series, or a half) They can play all kinds of different games.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
ok ok...well the reason i was posting lately in this thread, was that the 9ers played the Chiefs and after that game it was pretty quiet here.

but now that game passed and i will move on for now...but i will be back in the reg season to post 0-123456789 records

have fun guys..and go Alex !

..... ooops!
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
There is nothing similar to their games, even the most novice football watcher can see that. Alex's entire game is the dink and dunk (famously called "ball control"). Everyone and their mother knows that. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers and the elites use everything out in their arsenal...and they've done that for a good decade (not a series, or a half) They can play all kinds of different games.

They have also had the same scheme to get cozy with for some time now... AND they have it after they were properly developed. What luck!
Originally posted by Jakemall:

The 32nd ranked defense.
They have also had the same scheme to get cozy with for some time now... AND they have it after they were properly developed. What luck!

So you're telling me the only difference between Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Alex Smith is development and familiarity with the playbook?

Is this real life?

The 32nd ranked defense.

This. Which is why QBs go 18-19 all. The. Time.

Someone is always #32.
The eye test is great for Joe, because it give him license to be completely subjective in substantiating his "facts". It also allows for the disqualification of examples that run counter to those "facts".

Example:

Originally posted by Joecool:
The biggest difference between Alex Smith and other top QB's is that most of the QB's attempt higher level of difficultly throws whereas Alex will not.

Hey Joe, what about that pass Alex threaded to VD in the play offs for the victory?

A: That was a one off example. Alex is not capable of making that throw on a consistent basis.

Hey Joe, what about the pass to Walker for the victory over Detroit.

A: Yeah sure, Alex might make that throw 2 or 3 times in a year, but again he can't do it on a regular basis and certainly can't do it outside of the hash marks.

Hey Joe, what about that long bomb to VD against the Bengals where he was tightly covered? Or the pass to Crabtree right afterwards between 2 defenders?

A: Well the pass to Crabtree was called back so it doesn't count. Alex does better throwing the ball to VD, but he's not a WR, so that's not what we're talking about.

This fantastic analysis appears to have been overlooked.

So you're telling me the only difference between Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Alex Smith is development and familiarity with the playbook?

Is this real life?

Oh, I don't know about ONLY difference... but it's a pretty glaring advantage that the others share. You disagree with proper development in the early years plus consistent scheme equaling quite a hefty advantage for a QB?

Is this real life?

Yes! That is exactly what he said! Nailed it.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
ok ok...well the reason i was posting lately in this thread, was that the 9ers played the Chiefs and after that game it was pretty quiet here.

but now that game passed and i will move on for now...but i will be back in the reg season to post 0-123456789 records

have fun guys..and go Alex !

..... ooops!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Yes! That is exactly what he said! Nailed it.

I don't even think Alex Smith would agree.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
The eye test is great for Joe, because it give him license to be completely subjective in substantiating his "facts". It also allows for the disqualification of examples that run counter to those "facts".

Example:

Originally posted by Joecool:
The biggest difference between Alex Smith and other top QB's is that most of the QB's attempt higher level of difficultly throws whereas Alex will not.

Hey Joe, what about that pass Alex threaded to VD in the play offs for the victory?

A: That was a one off example. Alex is not capable of making that throw on a consistent basis.

Hey Joe, what about the pass to Walker for the victory over Detroit.

A: Yeah sure, Alex might make that throw 2 or 3 times in a year, but again he can't do it on a regular basis and certainly can't do it outside of the hash marks.

Hey Joe, what about that long bomb to VD against the Bengals where he was tightly covered? Or the pass to Crabtree right afterwards between 2 defenders?

A: Well the pass to Crabtree was called back so it doesn't count. Alex does better throwing the ball to VD, but he's not a WR, so that's not what we're talking about.

This fantastic analysis appears to have been overlooked.

No one needs the eye test for that. It is obvious to the blind. The dude doesn't attempt anywhere near the number of difficult throws as compared to the top QB's in the league.

Not sure what your point of giving 2 or even 8 as examples. These other dudes do this every game.