Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by susweel:
He dont even know whats in store for him. Alex = RIP WRs stats

lol He better learn how to play TE.

no more than 4 wins

daniel better be ready

You have not been missed.

Hey speak for yourself. Fly knows foozeball.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by susweel:
He dont even know whats in store for him. Alex = RIP WRs stats

lol He better learn how to play TE.

no more than 4 wins

daniel better be ready

You have not been missed.

Hey speak for yourself. Fly knows foozeball.

yup I missed my boy Fly he speaks the troof.
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/5/24/4362714/kansas-city-chiefs-offensivel-line-breakdown

Kansas City Chiefs o-line breakdown: Pavers of the road
  • IT21
  • Veteran
  • IT21
  • Veteran
more than the 9ers
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/5/24/4362714/kansas-city-chiefs-offensivel-line-breakdown

Sounds like the 2010 version of the Niners' o-line. When both Iupati and Anthony Davis were rookie guard and tackle. Lots of potential for a good line. And they don't have Chilo like we had
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Sounds like the 2010 version of the Niners' o-line. When both Iupati and Anthony Davis were rookie guard and tackle. Lots of potential for a good line. And they don't have Chilo like we had

Yep. Their OL should not be a troublesome hindrance, so long as they can gel quickly with one another. TE and RB/FB corps looks solid. Dwayne Bowe is really good, but there are lots of questions about the rest of the WRs. They'll need someone to step it up. Overall though, Alex isn't walking into a bad situation.
Not only is Smith not going into a bad situation, he's got an offensive minded HC who will fashion the offense around him just like Harbaugh did. He's got a much better O-line than he had for his first five years on the Niners and a couple of real good skill players. Plus, they have a pretty good defense - not at the Niners' level, but good. And, that division, with the exception of the Broncos, is nowhere near as tough right now as the NFC West. I think they can win 9 or 10 games and get the Niners a nice second-rounder next year. And, after what they've been going through, 9 or 10 wins is going to make Smith the toast of the town.
I hope we get the 2nd round pick, but it's comical that Bowe thinks he's going to blow up next year.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Not only is Smith not going into a bad situation, he's got an offensive minded HC who will fashion the offense around him just like Harbaugh did. He's got a much better O-line than he had for his first five years on the Niners and a couple of real good skill players. Plus, they have a pretty good defense - not at the Niners' level, but good. And, that division, with the exception of the Broncos, is nowhere near as tough right now as the NFC West. I think they can win 9 or 10 games and get the Niners a nice second-rounder next year. And, after what they've been going through, 9 or 10 wins is going to make Smith the toast of the town.

9 or 10 wins would be a tremendous jump for them. They were the worst team in football last year and now they have a new coaching staff and a new QB. Plus, they have some youngsters on the Oline. They have some growing pains in their future.

Remember, Reid couldn't win with a very talented Eagles roster. Also, Alex is not the QB you want when playing from behind. He's as conservative as anyone under center. Plus, he still struggles with the deep ball.

If they can go .500 it'll be a huge successful for the organization. I'd give that about a 40% chance. If I had to guess the number of wins they'll finish with and without looking at their schedule, I'll go with 6 or 7 wins.
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

9 or 10 wins would be a tremendous jump for them. They were the worst team in football last year and now they have a new coaching staff and a new QB. Plus, they have some youngsters on the Oline. They have some growing pains in their future.

Remember, Reid couldn't win with a very talented Eagles roster. Also, Alex is not the QB you want when playing from behind. He's as conservative as anyone under center. Plus, he still struggles with the deep ball.

If they can go .500 it'll be a huge successful for the organization. I'd give that about a 40% chance. If I had to guess the number of wins they'll finish with and without looking at their schedule, I'll go with 6 or 7 wins.

In theory, they should have the easiest schedule mapped out for them in the NFL. Doesn't always work out that way.
Record last yr was worst in league, and worst, or one of worst coaches in league. Andy Reid is a Bill Walsh protege, is offensively minded, has an excellent Qb, and a very good team on both O and D. Last yr their Qb was awful. Bad coach+ bad QB = bad season. Both factors have been fixed this yr, so I expect them to do very well. Big problem? They gotta play Denver twice, and beating them once will be tough.Still, good enough to win 10 games.
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/5/26/4367306/arrowheadlines-kansas-city-chiefs-news-5-26

The Chiefs defense, which has been flying all over the field during recent OTAs, now has a better understanding of what exactly Smith brings to the table. "He's a smart QB," Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson said. "He's a QB that gets in and out of the huddle really easily. His communications skills are great. Defensively, if we show him a certain coverage, he's going to know exactly what it is, so, on that part, we have to do a lot of disguising; we have to be straight on with our defenses, we have to execute, if not, Alex will pick us apart."