There are 122 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
17-24, with a TD and a 102 QB rating is a good outing. And, they only allowed one sack for 4 yards. He had a good outing and KC might be better than some around here think this year. I'm feeling more confident about that extra 2nd round pick.

Then again, it's pre-season.

Lol

At that gif.

It is just preseason. It was last week, too.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Al knows! Preseason? Not even going to sit on the couch and put my hand...
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Well said Mac! He had some rough moments, as did the line, but in the second quarter it all came together and looked like a really nice offense. The passes down the middle, TD in the RZ, two minute drill excellence, bouncing up from a big hit, 38 yard run when protection broke down...all the things we've seem him do with the niners and expect him to continue.

Biggest thing to me was the TD pass. He was lights out in the RZ a few years ago but Roman and Harbaugh went to three yards and a cloud of dust mode. Reid may know how best to use Smith.

yeah that td pass to hemingway was threaded between two defenders
Originally posted by hofer36:
Well said Mac! He had some rough moments, as did the line, but in the second quarter it all came together and looked like a really nice offense. The passes down the middle, TD in the RZ, two minute drill excellence, bouncing up from a big hit, 38 yard run when protection broke down...all the things we've seem him do with the niners and expect him to continue.

Biggest thing to me was the TD pass. He was lights out in the RZ a few years ago but Roman and Harbaugh went to three yards and a cloud of dust mode. Reid may know how best to use Smith.

yeah that td pass to hemingway was threaded between two defenders

Good timing between Smith and Hemingway. Smith had to throw it early before Hemingway turned his head around for the ball to get it past Troy.

Junior Hemingway 7th round pick, 6-1 224. Intriguing. Maybe something good in the late round for the Chiefs.
At that gif.

It is just preseason. It was last week, too.

Pre-season only counts when it provides you ammunition for your perspective. This should be obvious.
Alex Smith has one good preseason game, and the masses go wild .

Thats telling to just how "talented" he really is.
Originally posted by hospcenter:

I don't think anyone is going wild, lol.

What is more telling is how you read these posts and get all worked up that Alex is getting some positive comments.

Which PBM are you, anyway? Is that my long lost buddy, Oakland?
17-24, with a TD and a 102 QB rating is a good outing. And, they only allowed one sack for 4 yards. He had a good outing and KC might be better than some around here think this year. I'm feeling more confident about that extra 2nd round pick.

Lol

What's so funny? I'm just saying no one should feel confident about a lot of punting and 1 good drive before halftime in the pre-season.
Originally posted by hospcenter:

see that you joined 8/20/13...think you will last the week?

Lol

What's so funny? I'm just saying no one should feel confident about a lot of punting and 1 good drive before halftime in the pre-season.

What is funny, is say Smith has a bad series, qtr, half in pre-season... The jerks come out to play.
Just pre-season, unless it suits an agenda.

Smith was making quick decisions in this most recent, pre-season game. Up-tempo has always seemed to suit him a bit better.

Lol

you must be really worried about niners 1st string offense (im not)---no tds in the preseason yet, an open chad hall missed...
Originally posted by hofer36:

Lol

you must be really worried about niners 1st string offense (im not)---no tds in the preseason yet, an open chad hall missed...

No way I'm not worried at all. We know what we got, the Chiefs are still unproven.
No way I'm not worried at all. We know what we got, the Chiefs are still unproven.

All teams are unproven each year...until they begin winning real games. So I worry about the niners, just as I worry about other teams or players I like, including Mr. Alex Smith.

But having him in KC gives me another team to root for!

Edit: I started rooting for KC when DeBerg played there and through the Montana years...didn't care for Grbac much...too few vowels!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM ]

All teams are unproven each year...until they begin winning real games. So I worry about the niners, just as I worry about other teams or players I like, including Mr. Alex Smith.

But having him in KC gives me another team to root for!

Edit: I started rooting for KC when DeBerg played there and through the Montana years...didn't care for Grbac much...too few vowels!

I'm pretty sure everyone knows our franchise is a winning one. I don't expect our team to randomly take a crap for one year. However the Chiefs are coming from a 2-14 season, so even 8-8 would be a big surprise.

I sure hope they at least make 8-8. Some are already confident from pre-season games, but not me. They have a LOT more to prove, imo.
Share 49ersWebzone