There are 214 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by hofer36:
touche--fact is smoth hooked up with bowe and avery for about 6 catches each...and it is only their 3rd game...it is going to be quiet in here this week

you realize these comments are just as annoying as saying smith sucks?

maybe but they are definetely more accurate

you're probably right
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Wow. Alex looked tremendous in that first half.... I've been watching on preseason live. Crisp passes, getting the ball out quick, accurate, good decisions, running for yards. If he plays like this K.C. could be a lot better than last year.

I can tell you didn't watch the game and only looked at the box score. Final drive of the 1st half saved him. Terrible on 3rd down once again....checking down on 3rd and long....but his stats looked good so that means he was tremendous!

I do like that he attempted a pass further than 10 yards. Super Bowl bound!

I watched the game. He played best when it mattered the most. In the 2 minute drill. He had a good game. FACT.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
KC got dem selfs a goddamn good QB

i liked the way he played in the second quarter, looked decisive and in control.

That's how he looked to me. Very decisive, get the ball out quick, accurate, in control of the offense. He even had a little zip on some of the mid range passes and deeper ones. LOL. You always see that with Alex. He ooled really good out there.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
So you have watched the game. Not tired of watching Alex Smith suckage with the Niners the last 8years. Then proceeded to still watch his suckage with the Chiefs in a meaningless preseason game that apparently has meaning enough for you to watch.

The Chiefs IS your second team

I watch all games. I watched 5 or 6 games yesterday. I'm a football junkie, plus I like Big Ben.
Smith ended his night -- and probably his preseason -- with a 5-yard strike to Junior Hemingway that earned Smith a draw with Pittsburgh counterpart Ben Roethlisberger.

"I thought he was accurate and competitive," Kansas City coach Andy Reid said about Smith. "I thought he managed things well."
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
So you have watched the game. Not tired of watching Alex Smith suckage with the Niners the last 8years. Then proceeded to still watch his suckage with the Chiefs in a meaningless preseason game that apparently has meaning enough for you to watch.

The Chiefs IS your second team

I watch all games. I watched 5 or 6 games yesterday. I'm a football junkie, plus I like Big Ben.

You're a Niners fan but a slutty one

I stray too on occasions
Thought overall, Alex did well... certainly better in quarter 2 than 1. I still thought he made some nice passes in the 1st, but KC couldn't seem to string enough good together to get much done then. I was disappointed in the rush offense early on.. they weren't opening up much for Charles.

Like last week, there were a few times when Alex pulled the ball down and ate a sack. That's disappointing, but then again, I can't see deep down field what he is seeing. So I am okay with a sack over an INT, in most situations. I liked that he got Bowe and Avery involved often. I was worried and then proud of him for delivering that one pass knowing Troy Polamalo was going to lay him out.. and he did put a dirty smack on Alex that was flagged. I was proud of Alex for getting up and smiling all cocky at Troy afterwards... tough dude and still takes the high road.

The 2nd quarter really made the game pretty good for me. I still see some issues that might keep KC from being a 10 win team.. that's a lot to ask for this season.. but that division is weak, so 9 wins and a potential # 6 playoff seed is what I hope for.

Really looking forward to tonight's game too. GO NINERS !!!!
Well said Mac! He had some rough moments, as did the line, but in the second quarter it all came together and looked like a really nice offense. The passes down the middle, TD in the RZ, two minute drill excellence, bouncing up from a big hit, 38 yard run when protection broke down...all the things we've seem him do with the niners and expect him to continue.

Biggest thing to me was the TD pass. He was lights out in the RZ a few years ago but Roman and Harbaugh went to three yards and a cloud of dust mode. Reid may know how best to use Smith.

Nice job Alex! Definitely looked better than last week.

This thread has some balance.
You're a Niners fan but a slutty one

I stray too on occasions

No...I'm a devoted 9er fan. I just watch other teams because a)I love football b)it's good to watch other players other than the ones on your team for perspective sake.

17-24, with a TD and a 102 QB rating is a good outing. And, they only allowed one sack for 4 yards. He had a good outing and KC might be better than some around here think this year. I'm feeling more confident about that extra 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
17-24, with a TD and a 102 QB rating is a good outing. And, they only allowed one sack for 4 yards. He had a good outing and KC might be better than some around here think this year. I'm feeling more confident about that extra 2nd round pick.

Then again, it's pre-season.
Originally posted by verb1der:

Amen! So hard to evaluate anything in preseason. I watch who doesn't get on the field--vets have nothing to prove, but a young guy is either being hidden, or he will be gone. I expect Baldwin to see a lot of action tonight...have to see what they have there--quickly!
Preseason games, they're just trying to minimized mistakes and have success when executing the plays, not trying to game plan to make big plays. Iron out the mistakes early in preseason, then game plan for the regular season.

Unless you're Rex Ryan.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:

Lol
Share 49ersWebzone