LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Oh, the twisted conclusions people come to on their very own...
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

I just said I hope it's not where this is headed, didn't draw a conclusion per se. And small point of order, but it was one of your fellow Alex-philes who entered Rodgers into the mix by comparing him and Smith, and you embraced it.

Oh, the twisted love for mediocre QBs...
Originally posted by Jakemall:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/8439/year/2010/aaron-rodgers

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/8416/year/2006/alex-smith

LOL @ Joe poking fun at my mythical information. Of all the people....

Hold on, you are comparing Alex Smith's highest year of long balls to Rodgers? You do know that Rodgers lowest year of long balls is about as much as Alex's highest. Why don't you look at how dramatically Alex's % drops when he threw for over 20+ in 2006. Why don't you show their completion percentages on long balls? There's a dramatic difference.

Now, let's go back to your 2006 year of the most Alex ever threw deep...really, 7 years ago?

2006 Alex:
21-30, 32%, 25 attempts
31-40, 20%, 15 attempts
41+, 33%, 9 attempts

2012 Alex: Even if you double the attempts, it is a very low number and you may as well decrease the percentages because he would be throwing into tighter coverage. To give you an idea of how low this is, Shaun Hill in 2007 threw a total of 28 passes beyond 20 yards (20, 5, 3).
21-30, 62%, 8 attempts
31-40, 33%, 6 attempts
41+, 33%, 3 attempts

2012 Rodgers: one of Rodgers' weaker years.
21-30, 39.5%, 38 attempts
31-40, 55.6%, 9 attempts
41+, 14.3%, 7 attempts

Keep cherry picking stats (bad ones at that) to try to show that Alex Smith did do something that other QB's do on a normal basis. Pay no attention to the fact that it may have been a blip on his career timeline as compared to other top QB's.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

I just said I hope it's not where this is headed, didn't draw a conclusion per se. And small point of order, but it was one of your fellow Alex-philes who entered Rodgers into the mix by comparing him and Smith, and you embraced it.

Oh, the twisted love for mediocre QBs...

We both agree but the thread turns bad when we begin calling names. Not to worry fellow niners fan, there really isn't an argument one can make that props Alex up to be a top level QB unless someone wants to use what Alex did for a minute as compared to what other QB's do on a normal basis.

Alex will have a high compeletion percentage. The problem will be is that the Chiefs will really need to minimize mistakes because Alex plays (baseball reference) small-ball. He's a chip-away player. The Chiefs will need to hope they get nice cushions because, as shown last year and prior, Alex's ratings suck when the score is greater than 8 points.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Dang I just re-watched the 49ers/Cheifs game...poor Alex, he only trusts the RBs, and Fasano. And he had a few plays where he pulls the ball back down and panics when the pocket gets disrupted. Let alone against our backups.

If this is a sign of things to come, the Chiefs are going to have another long season.

let me suggest that you pop in tape of the 2011 saints playoff game or the eagles game same year, or smith's 18-19 gem vs cardinals, or the opener vs the packers and the buffalo game of last year, and you will get a better gauge of him as a qb than this practice game you watched, for a team with a new coach implementing a new system, with stiffs like jonathan baldwin..but that might not fit with where you want to go with all this

If Alex played consistently like the Saints or Eagles game then he would be a bonafide star in the league. Can't do it just once or twice.
19-5-1

That's what having the #1 defense will do!
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
throwing hand was injured LOL

???

????

Not really. one poor preseason game and the same old s**t slinging is back.

If and when Smith plays well this season, you know what will happen?

This:

and a whole lot of it.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Not really. one poor preseason game and the same old s**t slinging is back.

If and when Smith plays well this season, you know what will happen?

This:

and a whole lot of it.

We know that's not going to happen though, lol
^ Not if history is any guide. I've modded through the last two years with Smith and can confirm that when he played well, the comments dropped by 500%. When he played poorly, the same 5-6 people stirred the pot in multiple threads. This thread is a prime example of what used to happen all over Niner Talk.

Originally posted by zillabeast:
We know that's not going to happen though, lol

Don't worry, they got it covered.

Welcome to the....

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Welcome to the....

Proud member since 2010.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Welcome to the....

Proud member since 2010.

...and stating the obvious for more years than I can recall!
Share 49ersWebzone