There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Your comment: "If Alex is so consistent, then why was his rating sporadic from game to game?" I answered your question showing the two best QBs in the NFL and their "sporadic ratings." Now compare to Smith and CK over last year.

So, who is WR 1 and WR 2 and so on? Looks like those elite QBs stats raise once they reach thier other receivers. Their WR 3 could be the RB whereas Alex's WR 1 could be the RB.

week1 week2 week3 week4 and so on and so on...

cmon man.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I don't want this thread locked. I think it's ok to discuss and analyze Smith game to game, and hope that people would stop coming to his defense by bringing up stuff in the past that he's done (which we are all well aware of already), lets just analyze him game to game, because in reality that's all that matters right? Which is why they say "you're only as good as your last game".

If you are saying no one should bring up the past--in support or to detract--then maybe, but that seems unlikely. We all judge the present with knowledge of the past. The numbers I presented are not cherry picked but some will see it that way because they want to do so...they want to judge. The numbers are pure statistical comparisons of two great QBs and then Smith/CK during the same year.

Numbers are neither positive or negative...they are just numbers for people to think about, and a refutation of a negative comment that made no sense. As far as getting the thread locked? It will be from those who make it personal with one-line put downs and no added value...just as it has forever in the zone. Trolling...a long revered past time for some.

Sadly, some of these posters are actually funny and valued in most contexts...just not when it comes to a player they dislike.

I'll be first to admit I've had my share of immature comments during the Smith vs CK saga but have stopped since Smith left. With that said I think it's not realistic to place some kind of "gag order" regarding Alex Smith, since after all he is the starting QB of a team who's success has a direct affect on one of our draft picks.

What I think we should do is keep the discussion strictly based on his most recent performance, the positives and negatives. No need to put him down, or get defensive, let's keep our emotions in our pockets. It's going to be a long and interesting season, I think if we stick to a certain standard of posting, we'll be able to keep this thread civilized.
Originally posted by hofer36:
I don't want this thread locked. I think it's ok to discuss and analyze Smith game to game, and hope that people would stop coming to his defense by bringing up stuff in the past that he's done (which we are all well aware of already), lets just analyze him game to game, because in reality that's all that matters right? Which is why they say "you're only as good as your last game".

where was your game to game analysis after the sainst game where he was 7-8 and led his team to a td on his only drive? I suspect you only want to add analysis to the games where he isnt as good

That was an epic game, which made every single 49er fan proud of Alex! I think everyone thought that our quarterback issue was over, it was his signature game, but unfortunately that was not enough to keep Harbaugh from making a change.

I'm sure he'll play some great games for the Chiefs, which I'm sure you will analyze to the fullest!
With Miller out for 6 games it looks better for the Chiefs to make the playoffs.

Still it's a very long season w/injuries to all. If Peyton goes down - it's over for Broncos.

I wish Alex all the best to 8-8.
That was an epic game, which made every single 49er fan proud of Alex! I think everyone thought that our quarterback issue was over, it was his signature game, but unfortunately that was not enough to keep Harbaugh from making a change.

I'm sure he'll play some great games for the Chiefs, which I'm sure you will analyze to the fullest!

He's talking about the Chiefs 1st preseason game, yo.
There will always be 2 divisive issues, so long as this thread remains open.

1. The detractors (who probably won't even watch most KC games) will make assumptions based on stats... they will spin and twist most everything to fit their everlasting agenda. They have a vested interest in FINALLY "being right" about Alex being average at best. (as if being right at this point somehow suggests they were never wrong to begin with) This is some form of WZ pride that they are trying to restore in regards to their "expert" QB evaluations. (except for those convinced that J.T. O'Sullivan was wonderful, lolz... that one's in the books forever)

2. The detractors take great pride and enjoyment over inciting those who do like and respect Alex and the Chiefs. It will be straight trolling under the pretense of "being analytical."

It's just going to be a mess... but oh well.. don't say I didn't warn you. At least this thread will help the WZ flourish (though more divided than ever) as it stays at the top of this sub-forum and grows faster than most other threads... cuz folks still love to get their Alex Smith fix.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Indeed.

Constantly b***hing about the Webzone...while posting more on the Webzone....about other nfl teams and players...and needing to do it so badly that you keep returning under new names....

I wouldn't expect any kind of honesty from you. Mcnibblets has bashed Kaep many times and it had nothing to do with his play. It was personal. He referenced his tats and mocked him with some yo homeboy type talk. Again. I wouldn't expect any kind of honesty from you.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
I wouldn't expect any kind of honesty from you. Mcnibblets has bashed Kaep many times and it had nothing to do with his play. It was personal. He referenced his tats and mocked him with some yo homeboy type talk. Again. I wouldn't expect any kind of honesty from you.

Once or twice, but so what? I am an old school kind of guy. I prefer kids pull up their britches, put their cap on straight, and be articulate. Does that mean I hate or condemn others for not? No. It just isn't my preference. But what I have stated many times is this.. Kaep stays out of trouble and wins games? That is what matters most to me... and I have also stated many times that I expect him to do just that.

If you disagree with all of that, that's fine. But I am entitled to my preferences.. and they have nothing to do with Hate and bashing. Nothing.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Indeed.

Constantly b***hing about the Webzone...while posting more on the Webzone....about other nfl teams and players...and needing to do it so badly that you keep returning under new names....

I am pleased that I met your expectations.

When you admit that you are a PBM who constantly returns here in an effort to stir the pot then you can lecture others about honesty. Until then, take your hypocrisy elsewhere.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

He's talking about the Chiefs 1st preseason game, yo.

oops.

Yeah he looked real good that game, honestly I was a sliiiiightly envious. If only he followed it up with another similar performance the week after.
[ Edited by verb1der on Aug 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM ]
There will always be 2 divisive issues, so long as this thread remains open.

1. The detractors (who probably won't even watch most KC games) will make assumptions based on stats... they will spin and twist most everything to fit their everlasting agenda. They have a vested interest in FINALLY "being right" about Alex being average at best. (as if being right at this point somehow suggests they were never wrong to begin with) This is some form of WZ pride that they are trying to restore in regards to their "expert" QB evaluations. (except for those convinced that J.T. O'Sullivan was wonderful, lolz... that one's in the books forever)

I can understand how you would interpret the criticism this way. Truth is, everyone wants to be right, and I think that's where it gets all messed up. But we've got to draw the line somewhere. I mean, every QB in the NFL will get praised for their good games and scrutinized for their bad ones. It's impossible for it to just swing one way.

One thing we cannot avoid is Alex Smith will be playing football every Sunday. So it would be ridiculous for all of us to ignore the elephant in the room. Let's say he has a game where he throws an 60 yard bomb to Dwayne Bowe, I'm sure that will be pointed out, and he will be applauded, but if he stinks it up, then we should also be able to point it out without anyone getting defensive.
Anywho.... I apologize for participating in the derailment of this thread.

I don't think that last week's preseason game is sufficient for anyone to properly modify their pre-existing conclusion....any more than a perfect performance this week should.
I can understand how you would interpret the criticism this way. Truth is, everyone wants to be right, and I think that's where it gets all messed up. But we've got to draw the line somewhere. I mean, every QB in the NFL will get praised for their good games and scrutinized for their bad ones. It's impossible for it to just swing one way.

One thing we cannot avoid is Alex Smith will be playing football every Sunday. So it would be ridiculous for all of us to ignore the elephant in the room. Let's say he has a game where he throws an 60 yard bomb to Dwayne Bowe, I'm sure that will be pointed out, and he will be applauded, but if he stinks it up, then we should also be able to point it out without anyone getting defensive.

It's just not that simple. If Alex throws that 60 yard bomb, then the detractors will desperately flock here to find some way to minimize the play. They will blame the CB for being terrible... they will call an O.P.I. that wasn't called... they will say, "the sun shine's on a dog's arse every now and then." They will find something in even his good games to shine a light on and overlook or twist the actual good things.

We have seen it for years... this type of "analysis" will never go away.

This is why the dream of fair analysis and discussion you suggested will always fail.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
I just want alex to win..period

It's just not that simple. If Alex throws that 60 yard bomb, then the detractors will desperately flock here to find some way to minimize the play. They will blame the CB for being terrible... they will call an O.P.I. that wasn't called... they will say, "the sun shine's on a dog's arse every now and then." They will find something in even his good games to shine a light on and overlook or twist the actual good things.

We have seen it for years... this type of "analysis" will never go away.

This is why the dream of fair analysis and discussion you suggested will always fail.

When a player does something once or twice a year, it does not mean that they can do it successfully on a consistent basis. Why oh why can't some just see that Alex's strength is not outside the hashes or ball placement vs tight coverage.