LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 306 users in the forums

Aldon will get paid, Clay Matthews extended

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by Garcia:

lulz aint nobody got a chance against Iupati.

Ponytail is SO overrated. The Packers truly screwed the pooch with this deal.
This is why I believe we need to draft smart N draft defense heavy ... I don't believe in signing T.brown back I don't think at 29 hell be worth 6-8 million a yr he'll probably want...cut Rogers next off season bye bye to Goodwin haralson N whitener... draft heavy on defense get a DE CB NT two S... next yr grab a pass rush OLB in tha first or second round...I'm very worried about tha contacts of aldon N kaep with all tha money flying around to overrated QBs(mostly flacco) N now Matthews....
We'll sign Aldon and let Crabtree walk, take it to the bank!
Originally posted by Loco49er:
We'll sign Aldon and let Crabtree walk, take it to the bank!

Yep.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by Amir:

lulz aint nobody got a chance against Iupati.

Ponytail is SO overrated. The Packers truly screwed the pooch with this deal.

I tend to agree.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I can't see paying that kind of money, it screws up the cap for years. The Patriots never pay that kind of money to anybody but their QB, (maybe that's why they haven't been to the SB in years). In today's NFL the CFO is as important as the coaching staff.

The Patriots never had a pass rusher like Aldon Smith either. It's pretty clear Aldon Smith is a 10 sack a year guy. You have to pay the man. This is why our draft picks at WR (AJ Jenkins and whoever we pick this year) must pan out, as insurance in case Crabtree's price is too high. We really need to come away from this draft with 5 starters.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Clay as a kid
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Honestly I rather let him walk just for that much. I hate to say it but something has got to give on defense and us paying all the money on the offensive line. Kaepernick will have a contract coming up so I see a fan upsetting trade coming up shortly. No way we extend Crabtree if we choose to extend Aldon. Honestly I can see Vernon Davis getting traded soon possibly or Joe Staley. Kaepernick is going to make bank and with contracts to Him, Ray McDonald, Vernon Davis, Patrick/NaVarro, Ahmad Brooks, Carlos Rogers, Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, and soon to be Iupati it is looking like someone gets traded.

Why would we trade Joe Staley? Dude makes cap friendly money for being a quality left tackle. More likely, we will be simply cutting Rogers and restructuring some other deals in order to make room for Aldon and Kaep. But there's no chance in hell that we let Aldon walk. He's the 2nd most valuable player on this team (arguably even No. 1)

We haven't had a pass rusher like Aldon...ever. There's no way he walks. We've been looking for a pass rusher for 25 years, since Haley. We won't trade anyone that is valuable either. We'll resign every player except Crabtree because he will want more money than he's worth, simple as that.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
The Patriots never had a pass rusher like Aldon Smith either. It's pretty clear Aldon Smith is a 10 sack a year guy. You have to pay the man. This is why our draft picks at WR (AJ Jenkins and whoever we pick this year) must pan out, as insurance in case Crabtree's price is too high. We really need to come away from this draft with 5 starters.

They did have Richard Seymour, though not the pass rusher as Aldon, he did command a huge increase when he hit the open market. Your idea of 5 starters from this draft is right on. I'm not too worried about Crabtree, Kaep will make a decent receiver into a star.
No matter what else happens, Smith and Kap are not going anywhere. Go to bed, and sleep well...

A lot of people think Crabtree is a punk. We won't miss him if he wont extend for a team-friendly contract..
No way in hell they let aldon walk.

it's gonna be a good day tater.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
The sky is fallin - he sky is falling!

Again w/this nonsense.

As I recall from the Zone, There's no way we can keep Willis and Boman - who are we going to let go? And the nonsense debate started.

Ringgg, Ringggg - this is the FO calling and we signed both of them!

Once again, There is no way we can keep both Davis and Iupati - who are we going to keep? And the nonsense debate started.

Ringgg, Ringgg - FO calling - AGAIN. We just resigned Davis and we're in negotiations w/Iupati.

Now the nonsense starts again w/ Staley, Aldon - yada, yada, yada.

Wake up call - our FO will do a great job in signing the right guys at the right price at the right time.

Get over it already.

webzone overreaction = Terry donnahue decisions
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Ware got close to 80 mil. Peppers got 84. Mario Williams got 96.

Sack artists and qb are the most expensive positions in football. I highly doubt 5 and 65 will cut it with Aldon.

peppers and mario were free agents. ware's contract was for 7 years. if the 49ers keep aldon it will be because he signed an extension like matthews with at least a year left on his current deal. thats going to allow for some added flexibility that you wouldnt get with a high priced edge rusher on the open market.
Share 49ersWebzone