There are 221 users in the forums

Kaepernick's college coach declines to tutor NFL teams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • HUGGY
I hate to state the obvious but there is one 42-13 video that will get a lot of play in preparation for the 9ers this year.
Originally posted by HUGGY:
I hate to state the obvious but there is one 42-13 video that will get a lot of play in preparation for the 9ers this year.

I'm sure that it will and we would have it no other way.

Yea, the tape breakdown will be hilarious:

1) Make sure they're coming off a late-night road scrap against an elite east coast team (only to hit the road again).

2) Make sure their best d-lineman is out with an injury.

3) Make sure their best pass rusher is playing with a torn shoulder.

4) Make sure you're playing at home, in the loudest stadium in the league.

5) Make sure your best defender narrowly avoids suspension by challenging a technicality on a failed drug test.

VICTORY!

Seriously, I'm sure ten years from now when the Seahawks STILL have no NFL titles, "42-13" will still brought up regularly. It's seriously like the highlight of their entire history at this point.

Which is sad, but I digress.

The funny thing about it is that no one wants to talk about how beating the Niners didn't help Seattle one bit once the playoffs arrived....
[ Edited by baltien on Apr 13, 2013 at 10:27 AM ]
Originally posted by baltien:

1) Make sure they're coming off a late-night road scrap against an elite east coast team (only to hit the road again).

5) Make sure your best defender narrowly avoids suspension by challenging a technicality on a failed drug test.

VICTORY!

Seriously, I'm sure ten years from now when the Seahawks STILL have no NFL titles, "42-13" will still brought up regularly. It's seriously like the highlight of their entire history at this point.

The funny thing about it is that no one wants to talk about how beating the Niners didn't help Seattle one bit once the playoffs arrived....

• HUGGY
Originally posted by baltien:

VICTORY!

That's a very entertaining and somewhat excuse loaded take without much "meat" on the point of this thread which is Kaepernick.s college coach's role in training him/and/or opposing teams on how to contain him or train other QBs on how to be more "Kaepernick-like". The point of bringing up the 42-13 game was THAT was the best example last year of how to contain Kaepernick as his only TD came in the last 2 min against Seattle's third string. Continuing to prance around butt hurt and wave past SB victories as a rebuttle to the facts of that game will prove less than effective than you might hope in addressing the lessons still left glaring of what your team will do next time we meet in Seattle. Your injured DE had nothing to do with Kaepernick's inability to score in that game.
[ Edited by HUGGY on Apr 14, 2013 at 5:07 AM ]
That's a very entertaining and somewhat excuse loaded take without much "meat" on the point of this thread which is Kaepernick.s college coach's role in training him/and/or opposing teams on how to contain him or train other QBs on how to be more "Kaepernick-like". The point of bringing up the 42-13 game was THAT was the best example last year of how to contain Kaepernick as his only TD came in the last 2 min against Seattle's third string. Continuing to prance around butt hurt and wave past SB victories as a rebuttle to the facts of that game will prove less than effective than you might hope in addressing the lessons still left glaring of what your team will do next time we meet in Seattle. Your injured DE had nothing to do with Kaepernick's inability to score in that game.

No seriously, it's like your greatest victory right? I've never seen a fanbase hold tighter to a regular season win than the Seahawks
[ Edited by dhp318 on Apr 14, 2013 at 7:19 AM ]

Did you forget the weather? You act as if Qb's march into Seattle and put up video game numbers even in good weather conditions. How did Brady do? Rogers? Romo? They combined for 3TDs and 3INts in Seattle.

I'm not worried one bit about that Seahawks game. Vernon got knocked out, Mario was injured, JSmith was injured, so was Aldon, a blocked kicked got returned for a TD (guess that happens often), back to back road games on a short week after a very difficult game on the other side of the country against the league's best team.

We went to the SB. You can have your stupid regular season game championship victory.
Seems that a qb spy and edge blitzes would stuff the run part or the read option. You just got to have the corners to hold up in 1 on 1 coverage, and safeties that wont bite on play action. Simple right?
  • HUGGY
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Seems that a qb spy and edge blitzes would stuff the run part or the read option. You just got to have the corners to hold up in 1 on 1 coverage, and safeties that wont bite on play action. Simple right?

Yes...and no. At least you address the "meat" of the problem SF faced in Seattle. Thank you. Another guy mentioned that Vernon was knocked coo-coo in that game and that played a part as well. Intense preassure applied at the corners with a "spy" in position curbs the QB runs but forcing the QB to run in the first place by tough DB play is also important. That is where the difference in our teams stands at this time. Unless SF can build through the draft a couple of corners of the quality of Brandon Browner and the "Big Mouth" it will be hard to force Wilson to run when he doesn't see an obvious advantage to do so. It also helps to have a bad ass like Cam Chancellor running around to knock WR's silly and make em hear footsteps.
we should bring him on as an offensive advisor

Originally posted by dhp318:

No seriously, it's like your greatest victory right? I've never seen a fanbase hold tighter to a regular season win than the Seahawks

sadly, it IS their greatest win in history.

They beat a super bowl team.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Apr 15, 2013 at 6:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone